Pedro Porro

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Would you then say his decision making is good ? or foresee it improves?

His greedy shots leave me furious so many times.

I foresee it improving.

I would 100% bring in actual competition for his spot though - we don't really have that at the moment. Maybe it'll help buck his ideas up.

If not, then we can sell.

I think he's got serious potential to be played higher up the pitch. I'd definitely play him right wing over Johnson. He has quality delivery and can shoot.

Thanks Pedr-O Porr-O
steve-o-5.jpg

I'd definitely play him right wing over Johnson.
Very low bar, I'd play half the squad at RW over Johnson.

For what it's worth I don't think Porro would be a particularly good RW in this system, you need your RWs to do so much more than spam crosses into the box.

His best position in this system is RB, and admittedly he's done much better there than I thought he would, but still clearly to me he's a natural RWB in a back three. It's been a good season but he's still well off the heights he hit for Sporting.

Personally I'd like to vary things up and occasionally play a three cause we certainly have the players to suit it, but if we are to stick with this system, Porro needs to up his game defensively and get better at combining with the RW, get to the byline occasionally.

Alternatively I'd love if he could become our Trent who sits in the pocket behind the RW and hit throughballs over the top and crosses from deep, as keeping one of our fullbacks deeper would help with our defensive issues. I just don't think his delivery is quite good enough for that. Crossing in particular needs to improve.

Has good technique in passing and shooting, just needs to be more consistent at it. He can shoot the ball so well and yet,how many times this season have we seen his shots blast into row Z.

I think he's got serious potential to be played higher up the pitch. I'd definitely play him right wing over Johnson. He has quality delivery and can shoot.

So after a season of successfully converting himself in a RB, something many doubters on here said he could never do, you want to change his position again ?

Seems like a great way to ruin a player’s upwards trajectory

So after a season of successfully converting himself in a RB, something many doubters on here said he could never do, you want to change his position again ?

Seems like a great way to ruin a player’s upwards trajectory
He was bought as a right back. That's where he was at Sporting. I think to utilise his attacking attributes we need to get him in and around the box. The problem is how exposed we are at the back because of it when he'splaying right back. I'd happily sacrifice Johnson and play a back 3 with 2 up top but ange isn't going to do that.

Our wingbacks spend probably just as much time in and around the opposition box as our own.

The question is, in an inverted wingback system, is he better pushing out wide and crossing it in, or cutting in invertedly.

The latter allows him to shoot, the former less so. Clearly rb is best for him.

The issue is our rw can't beat a man or cross a ball. Fix that and things are much better.

Olise please.

Our wingbacks spend probably just as much time in and around the opposition box as our own.

The question is, in an inverted wingback system, is he better pushing out wide and crossing it in, or cutting in invertedly.

The latter allows him to shoot, the former less so. Clearly rb is best for him.

The issue is our rw can't beat a man or cross a ball. Fix that and things are much better.

Olise please.
We do not play with wing backs or an inverted wing back system.

Back
Top Bottom