Radu Dragusin

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Much rather Davies as that LCB. Dragusin simply can't pass, he is a RCB backup. He was lucky Townsend was his opponent as he hardly tried.

Didn’t look particularly good with the ball at his feet. Almost every pass seemed a little off.
Not sure I trust him to carry the ball upfield yet.

Weirdly I thought the opposite, I thought he looked pretty progressive at the back and at no time when he had it I was worried. You can tell he is a good player and I can see him getting better. Better on the ball than I was expecting. Good scouting and signing.

Weirdly I thought the opposite, I thought he looked pretty progressive at the back and at no time when he had it I was worried. You can tell he is a good player and I can see him getting better. Better on the ball than I was expecting. Good scouting and signing.

I think Mickey has set an extremely high bar for new young CBs.....

Is he gonna be happy as a reserve?

People need to chill out with this crap.

No way on earth he was promised a starting role; so he came with his eyes open and up for a fight..... If he didn't he would have just signed for Munich and an easy life instead.

Last edited:
There's a body shape issue when receiving from Cuti or Vic that makes it difficult for him to find Udogie. It meant he mostly played back to Vic or Cuti which hurt our tempo. It was easier for him to find Timo than Udogie, which he did reasonably ok with on a few occasions. We actually started bypassing Radu a bit in the second half when playing out from the back, but that can't be the long term solution. Hopefully the body shape issue can be sorted out by the coaching staff.
Looked good when he took on his man and made attacking runs down the left, covered ground well and chose ok options at the end of the runs.

There's a body shape issue when receiving from Cuti or Vic that makes it difficult for him to find Udogie. It meant he mostly played back to Vic or Cuti which hurt our tempo. It was easier for him to find Timo than Udogie, which he did reasonably ok with on a few occasions. We actually started bypassing Radu a bit in the second half when playing out from the back, but that can't be the long term solution. Hopefully the body shape issue can be sorted out by the coaching staff.
Looked good when he took on his man and made attacking runs down the left, covered ground well and chose ok options at the end of the runs.

It's called not playing on your natural side.

Yeah you're spot on, I'm just hoping he's young enough to learn some better ways of adjusting. Otherwise I'd rather be using Ben to cover Micky and Radu only for Cuti.

Probably the longer-term plan anyway tbh.

Lefty on the left is always optimal.... Even Toby struggled there and he had an absolute wand on the other leg.

Thought he had a decent game. Only his second start in the PL. Very young. Played on the left, not his preferred side. Looked good when he carried the ball into the opposition half on a few occasion. A few misplaced passes but he‘ll learn. I like his work ethic. Seems like a real team player.

We got the 3 points. Job done.

Get Micky to play in Romero's role and you will see the exact same issue

I prefer his style of play when initiating moves from the back rather than Romero.

Romero is a better defender, but he really gets on my nerves when he slows down initial possession by stopping and taking an hour to decide what to do, before eventually passing back to Radu or Vic.

Radu at least attempts forward moves more regularly and with a higher sense of urgency.

I like him.

Back
Top Bottom