Random Football Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Thread for anything football related that you want to share that doesn't belong in any other thread.

I'll start, here's a video of Nadal's uncle Miguel when he played for Barcelona.

He seem to have score more off the field than on the field

COUGH UP

Ex-Prem star Peter Ndlovu ‘cannot afford maintenance demand for two kids’ – as he’s shelling out for 11 more​

• Published: 22:31, 8 Feb 2023
  • Updated: 22:35, 8 Feb 2023
FORMER Premier League star Peter Ndlovu has told a court he cannot afford a maintenance demand for two kids — because he is already shelling out for 11 more.
The Zimbabwe striker, who spent six top-flight seasons with Coventry City, said: “I have 13 children, including these.”
Peter Ndlovu said 'I have 13 children, including these'
Peter Ndlovu said 'I have 13 children, including these'Credit: PA:Empics Sport

He said he had no contact with them, adding: “I was not informed by the respondent about the pregnancies or the subsequent births.”
Ndlovu, 49 — who also played for Birmingham, Huddersfield and Sheffield United — is manager of South African club Mamelodi Sundowns.
The mum wanted £1,420 a month.
But Johannesburg High Court ruled he should pay her £568 a month.

REFFING HELL

Horrific moment referee is savagely attacked by player and left with broken jaw and missing teeth with arrest made​

• Published: 15:01, 30 Apr 2023
  • Updated: 15:47, 30 Apr 2023

A REFEREE has been left with a broken jaw and missing teeth after a brawl broke out during a football match in Australia.
Khoder Yaghi was officiating the Friday evening First Grade tie between Padstow Hornets and the Greenacre Eagles at Padstow Park in Sydney, Australia.
A referee was savagely attacked by a suspended player
A referee was savagely attacked by a suspended player

It happened in Sydney, Australia
It happened in Sydney, Australia

FIRESTARTER

Shocking moment fan strolls around stand with CHAINSAW as riots leave stadium in flames during football match​

• Published: 8:49, 1 May 2023
  • Updated: 18:00, 1 May 2023

THIS is the shocking moment a fan strolled around a stadium with a CHAINSAW during an African Champions League tie as riots erupted.
The incident occurred at half-time of the match between Esperance Sportive de Tunis and JS Kabylie.
A fan strolled around the stadium during crowd trouble with a chainsaw
A fan strolled around the stadium during crowd trouble with a chainsawCredit: Facebook

He was spotted holding it close to other fans
He was spotted holding it close to other fansCredit: Facebook

ES Tunis fans set fire to the stadium
ES Tunis fans set fire to the stadiumCredit: Facebook

After the first 45 minutes of play in the quarter-final second leg, trouble began that quickly spiralled out of control.
An ES Tunis fan managed to get his hands on a chainsaw, casually walking around the ground with the machinery switched on.
The man was seen holding it dangerously close to other supporters and attempting to cut something on the floor.
Meanwhile, others trashed the stadium by breaking fences and starting a huge fire.

eports suggest that ES Tunis hooligans managed to get their hands on a chainsaw, shovel, hammer and other equipment used in the trouble by breaking into the stadium maintenance room.

Security is normally tough at big games and lighters are banned, yet a fan sneaking one in has been blamed for the fire.

Police in Tunisia are searching for the yobs responsible.

On the pitch, ES Tunis defeated their Algerian opponents 2-1 on aggregate.

Exeter City star Jevani Brown named player of the season by teammates weeks after admitting beating up a woman​

• Published: 23:23, 1 May 2023
  • Updated: 23:28, 1 May 2023
A FOOTBALLER has been named player of the season by his teammates — weeks after admitting beating up a woman.
Exeter City striker Jevani Brown, 28, pleaded guilty last month to an assault on a night out.
Exeter City player Jevani Brown has been named player of the season by his teammates — weeks after admitting beating up a woman
Exeter City player Jevani Brown has been named player of the season by his teammates — weeks after admitting beating up a womanCredit: Rex

He also faces trial in July for allegedly attacking a second woman, which he denies.
Brown, top scorer with 14 goals, has been suspended by the club since being charged, but posed with the award at the League One side’s end of season bash.
In a statement released last month, the club said: “Jevani Brown appeared at Exeter Magistrates Court this morning in relation to an incident in February.
“He pleaded guilty to one charge of assault and not guilty to a second charge of assault.

“A trial date has now been set to hear the case at Exeter Crown Court on July 7.

“As the legal proceedings remain active there will be no further comment from Exeter City Football Club.”

One angry fan complained: “Is this a good message to send?”

“He’s admitted assaulting a woman and is about to stand trial on another similar charge.

“This goes way beyond club loyalty and I say that as a season ticket holder. Disgusting.”

Teresa Parker, of campaigners Women’s Aid, said: “His fellow players voting him their player of the season undermines the club’s actions.”

Because it's against the rules.

From a free kick the ball has to complete a full revolution before another player can touch it........I think ??????????

The Ref at the beginning is a bit like me ‘Dad dancing’!!

Always a cue for my daughter to find something to do!!

Before some Barrymanenough karaoke!

Picture of the year:

70946413-12080281-image-a-58_1683994700309.jpg

Stunning OnlyFans star and ex-footballer Madelene Wright leaves little to the imagination as she strips to her underwear​

• Published: 14:37, 14 May 2023

ONLYFANS star and former footballer Madelene Wright has stripped down to her underwear for her social media followers.
The former Charlton star took to Instagram to share her latest picture.
Madelene Wright shared this picture on her Instagram story
Madelene Wright shared this picture on her Instagram storyCredit: Instagram
She frequently posts pictures on social media
She frequently posts pictures on social mediaCredit: Instagram / @madelene_wright
It showed her in grey matching Calvin Klein underwear as she relaxed on her carpet floor.
And she also shared the link for her OnlyFans.
Madelene, who has shifted her career away from football to become an OnlyFans model, has 332,000 followers on Instagram.
She has recently been enjoying a trip to the Algarve in Portugal, where she went risque with a spot of topless sunbathing.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/21981605/alan-shearer-hollie/
Madelene used to be on the books of Charlton Women
Madelene used to be on the books of Charlton Women
She ditched football to become an OnlyFans star
She ditched football to become an OnlyFans starCredit: Instagram / @madelene_wright
Madelene was released by the Addicks in 2020 after she was pictured inhaling from a balloon at a party and swigging champagne at the wheel of her Range Rover.

While she has admitted she sometimes wishes she could play again, she now rakes in a cool £500,000 a year thanks to her OnlyFans page.
She said: "In the first year I made in the ballpark of half a million pounds. I can't lie, it has completely changed my life.
"I was able to get my own place, I have been able to travel the world and have enjoyed a lot of luxurious things."

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/22349238/raid-rio-ferdinand-intruder-pregnant-kate-house-family/
Madelene boasts more than 300,000 followers on Instagram
Madelene boasts more than 300,000 followers on InstagramCredit: Instagram / @madelene_wright
She claims she makes £500,000 per year on OnlyFans
She claims she makes £500,000 per year on OnlyFansCredit: Instagram @madelene_wright
And she hopes OnlyFans can be a stepping stone to other ventures.
She added: "I want to start my own business and became an entrepreneur and step away from the stereotype and be looked at as a business woman.

"The main thing for me is to get into property, which is something I've always wanted to do since I was a footballer. I want to build an empire.
"For me, I think it is important for everyone to realise that you can start again.
"When my scandal happened I thought that was it and I didn't know how I was going to move past it.
"But, there's always a new day and always a fresh start. Everyone has a past, you can't change it.

"As long as you learn from your mistakes, make the right moves going forward, there is light at the end of the tunnel."
She hopes to move on from OnlyFans in the future
She hopes to move on from OnlyFans in the futureCredit: Instagram @madelene_wright

Wat bench am I on? Duncan Watmore's hilarious dugout mix-up leaves teammates in stitches as he heads back to Middlesbrough bench after forgetting his current club​

• Duncan Watmore involved in hilarious bench blunder in Championship clash
  • The forward moved to Millwall in January after formerly playing for Boro
  • Fans took to social media to share their takes on the dugout mix-up in the match
By POPPY TREADAWAY FOR MAILONLINE

PUBLISHED: 18:42 BST, 6 August 2023 | UPDATED: 23:01 BST, 6 August 2023

In a comical twist during Millwall's clash with Middlesbrough, fans witnessed Duncan Watmore momentarily forgetting that he was no longer a Boro player.
It was the opening matchday for the EFL Championship, which saw Middlesbrough host Milwall. The clash ended in a 1-0 victory for the visitors.
In the second half, Millwall's manager, Neil Harris, made a tactical substitution, bringing off Watmore for fresh legs.

Shocking moment referee stabs footballer in huge brawl before player is rushed to hospital with punctured lung​

Police released images of the weapon in question
  • Joseph Golder
  • Published: 13:40, 9 Dec 2023
A REFEREE has stabbed a player after a massive brawl broke out between players at a grassroots match in Argentina.
Phone footage shot by an astonished spectator showed how players from both teams rampaged around the ref on the pitch.
The player recovered in hospital after being stabbed
The player recovered in hospital after being stabbedCredit: CEN

The referee Remigio Armoa brandished the knife after a scuffle
The referee Remigio Armoa brandished the knife after a scuffleCredit: CEN

Police released images of the referee after he was arrested
Police released images of the referee after he was arrestedCredit: CEN

And showed the weapon in question
And showed the weapon in questionCredit: CEN

The incident took place in the town of Scholler in the province of Misiones, in Argentina last week.
The video shows players shoving the ref before he brandished the blade and stabbed a player in the chest.
Shocked spectators gasped after the player staggered and fell before other team members carried him off the pitch.
Meanwhile, the ref, wearing a black strip and a white cap, jogged away as the footage ended.

Local media later named the stabbed 21-year-old player only as Kevin A. who was rushed to hospital with a punctured lung.

Pictures then emerged of the player recuperating in a hospital bed.

The rogue ref was named as 62-year-old Remigio Armoa.

The player's uncle, who has not been named, told local media: "Kevin is miraculously alive.

"For the family, it is a very delicate moment because he is the Messi of the family.
"He is a boy well gifted for football, thank God he had the opportunity to be in a club like Chacarita."

The police later arrested Armoa and seized the knife used to attack the player.
The investigation is currently still ongoing.

'SMOOTH TALKER'

QPR’s mascot Jude the Cat sacked – after ‘flirting with female fans on matchdays’​

A source at QPR said: 'Everyone at the club loved Jude'
  • Published: 21:00, 5 Apr 2024

QPR mascot Jude the Cat has been neutered — for flirting with female fans on match days, it is claimed
The Romeo in the costume was axed after being given a string of warnings telling him to stop chatting up match-goers and get on with his job.

The mascot was axed after being given a string of warnings telling him to stop chatting up match-goers and get on with his job
The mascot was axed after being given a string of warnings telling him to stop chatting up match-goers and get on with his jobCredit: Twitter

Back
Top Bottom