Final game of the season vs. Newcastle (away)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

That's a good point.. Imagine if that was for the title?? oh my god, it doesn't bare thinking about.
wouldnt have happened. the gooners would have been beaten by Villa cos they only show up when the pressures off
You could try telling them that, because Giroud scored today, he will be there next season!

Fuck it punch some heads and thankfully I'm retired otherwise I wd have pulled a sickie tomorrow as I couldn't have stood it
Giroud actually sums therm up. doesnt score for months until the chumpions league is done and the titles gone. then turns up for a couple of weeks at the end of the season. `7 points clear of us after 20 odd games, all the teams that usually finish above them were shite, and yet they still managed to only nab second on the last day cos we had our worst actual performance (not the score..the actual performance) in 2 seasons. any of them wants to try and give me earache, I'll just laugh at them, and point at their own season for a real definition of choking

Last four games is four games just because its the last four doesnt mean we should just say it was a good season and we just screwed up at the end. Dont get me wrong it has been a good season but not even close the season we would have thought it wouldve been a month or two ago.

I'm saying finishing 3rd with the youngest squad in prem history is a good season.. It ended badly but there is so much to take out of this season..

I was, when reacting to Leicester, stupid enough to discover that 68 points is our average season on season points accross the past 8 years. This season we hit the brick wall @ 70 points, but Champions league is the prize so no one is going to look too close at that, that could be a shame as the collapse from 2-0 up at Chelsea has been staggering. There is no hiding place and I am not sure how we move on from that, or if anyone should actually move on from it as someone needs be accountable and I am not sure they will address it correctly as the success might well mask some of the issues.

In a two horse race, we have managed to finish third. We are 22 years behind a complete load of cunts, over half my life we have not finished above them, that's an odd realization this evening, it's never ever going to end and if it did, then it would take 23 years to better it by which time, well who knows....

5-1 today is up there with the worst over, 7-1. 6-1 and 5-1 all at Sid James "Sports Direct" Park all equally abject. But today mattered most and they let US down. From kick off they failed to show Newcastle the respect they were due & Townsend of all people made a meal of us, it was obvious last Sunday how this one was going to be, but I never imagined we could be that bad. When we were often so good.

I never take a heavy defeat well, but Christ I work next to a Gooner, a Gooner is behind me and my Director is a Gooner. I wish tomorrow won't come.
Brilliant post. Last bit irrelevant because the sentiment is bang on the money. As bad a defeat as any.

And you are right. 3rd in a two horse race is something only we could pull off.

Well it's safe to say Walker probably cost his chance to start or maybe even go to the Euros based on this performance. Literally not a single cross made it to a player.

At the beginning of the season, if anyone offered us 3rd in the league - we would have sold our collective dicks to have it.

I support the team that deserved to come third in the hardest league in the world.
Works for me

Tired of hearing this take at the start of season rubbish. 7 points clear we were with 4 games left. What would you take then? 3rd place? 2 points from 12. Aston villa form. Disgraceful

Well it's safe to say Walker probably cost his chance to start or maybe even go to the Euros based on this performance. Literally not a single cross made it to a player.

He was the pick of the bunch for me (of bad players).. I would imagine the squad was already picked so he might just have gotten away with this one.

I'm fucked off nut I totally disagree with that.. Apart from the last 4 games it has been a really good season. We are building a team with some of the best youngsters in the country and have the best manager in the league.. Yes we fucked it up but it still has been a pretty damn good achievement.

Where would we be in the league if Chelsea and city were better??

First let us thank the loyal yids who traveled north and spent there hard earned salaries on that shit ,to the young fans who idolize players who prove not worthy .We do not deserve to be humiliated in that way ,fuck Woolwich, fuck Leicester .You are we are Tottenham Hotspurs a great club with a great history we can take defeat god knows we have had enough practice .
Read this forum read your twitter accounts and try and understand today you deserted us ,but please understand THIS FUCKING HURT .
I was there with thousands of others, there's a huge loss of creative sparkle without Dembele and Ali, One shining light Harry Kane has won the golden boot, A yid through and through fully deserves it

The way I'm dealing with this is just by laughing. It's so bad it's gone beyond me being annoyed to finding the humour in how utterly predictable this was. When I gave it large to my Woolwich mates over the last couple of weeks that yeah we're in bad form but we're still getting second, I think I knew I was lying to myself.

This end to the season may be a blessing in disguise in that although we've finished third, there's a tremendous amount of work to do if we want a squad that can challenge in the PL and not get embarrassed in the Champions League.

It's clear Dembele is our most importantly player. Alli has been a miss but Dembele is literally irreplaceable in our system. Mason has to go, that much is also clear.

We need a top quality central midfielder and a touch of class up front. You know what to do Levy - get started tomorrow morning.

Honestly this season hasnt been as good as we think it has we had a chance to win the europa league conceded that, had a great chance to win the premiere league bottled it, then second place fucked that up too. All we have really acomplished is 7 more points in a much weaker league. The place that we have won this year is the face that we know we have youth and our team is only going to get better from here on out

Oh dear.
:pochfacepalm:

Back
Top Bottom