Final game of the season vs. Newcastle (away)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I didn't watch it.
Better still I was with a goon in Shoreditch who bet me a score a month ago that they'd finish above us!
I was like :adelol:

I watched the scores come in with him.

I'm now home, drunk as a fucking monkey and I'm hoping that our match is Sky's game of the day at 8.30pm so that I can justify buying a new TV after beating the fuck out of this one.

Still, I bought a bottle of Malbec, ten Marlboro Lights (I gave up 3 months ago) and a couple of large bottles of Peronni. That will help.
Buy more fags. You'll need them

Positive. Champions League

Negative. A lot else

I do not think we will see Jan, Erikson, Mason or Chadli in Spurs shirts again.

Chadli I feel sorry for as he just fell away this year.

Erikson has everything aside from real bottle

Mason is this generations O'Hara

Jan. Well a lot to love, but no surprise that he was in the team which rolled over. He's got form for that.

I think we will find Tripper in the side more next year and Walker might well not make the cut.

Anyway. I think I'll forget this now until August. At least there is some positive from the season. A huge one really, in a few days it won't hurt as much.

Happy Summer all. See you in August. Love the Shirt ! X

And for those who maintain Daniel Levy is blameless for this never ending pain, humiliation and embarresment, remember this. It was Him that fucked our start of the season by sending the squad to a meaningless tournament in Germany just a couple of days before the big kick off at Old trafford. We then went winless in our first 4 games.
It was Him who refused to spend a fucking penny in January. Not a fucking penny. Leaving us to rely on the likes of Mason and Carroll and Onomah when the inevitable injuries or suspensions came along. Remember, we have never finished above Woolwich under His chairmanship. A shocking record of failure not accomplished by anyone else.
But lets go by our recent buys, they were not expensive; rather young and talented. Don't you think that he would sanction even such a buy? I know your stance since reading this forum for a good few years, but I don't think you can put all the blame on Levy here. If you watched the match, you would've seen a complete lack of effort and motivation, and I don't think Levy affects that much in the team.

Photo after photo. Post after post on facebook and everywhere else you can think off. Fucking humiliating. Scum moaning how shit things are weeks ago and still finish above us. After all that effort and hard work they let it go like this 4 games left. Only needed 3 fucking points. How the fuck..

It's a bit like Özil at the scum; when they're winning it's great, but as soon as it get a bit hard they dissapear.
We have to get rid of players like that, however harsh that might seem. Eriksen is a match winner, but I'd rather have a player with a bit less ability, who still helps in the tougher games, gets stuck in and ultimately helps the team to victory.
Every year that goes by leaves less and less room for passengers.

In an ideal world we can bring in the calibre of players which make the likes of Eriksen and Lamela, Alli less assured of their places. The first two are both quality footballers but as you say still suffer from the mentality issue (Lamela has gone too far to the extreme where he just resorts to fouling). Alli is a youngster who really shouldn't be a back bone already.

Inner competitiveness is a wonderful thing as that is what helps create a winning mentality at a club. One of the reasons why Woolwich and Liverpool have rarely put on a title charge for so long is the drop off between their main players and the back ups were too much. You don't want your players to get complacent. Keep them on their toes. We're in that boat but hopefully Poch continues his ruthless streak and works on it. I trust him to do so as he has a lot of admirers but still a lot to prove. We're the perfect fit in many ways to progress together.

If reports were true that we could have signed Martial for considerably less than what United eventually bought him for, then that's a really big missed opportunity. Going back to my initial line of bringing in the calibre of players - we may not be able to shop in the market for your elite players but we can shop in the market for potentially elite players. Martial is in that bracket and on this season he'd get into our line-up.

It is going to take me the entire summer to get over this last game.

You shouldn't ever "Get over it."

I've never felt so let down in my life. We get to semi finals in previous seasons and half of me thinks we will lose it before the ball is even kicked, because "spursy", so it doesn't hurt so bad.

But this? After a season of people claiming Spursy doesn't exist, of not losing by more than 1 goal in any premier league game, of being title contenders for 3-4 months? This is a let down of all let downs.

Last edited:
shocking...and to think 3 weeks ago Leicester were lucky and teams were handing them the league...amazing how a few results smacks reality home and brings us back down to the real world

In an ideal world we can bring in the calibre of players which make the likes of Eriksen and Lamela, Alli less assured of their places. The first two are both quality footballers but as you say still suffer from the mentality issue (Lamela has gone too far to the extreme where he just resorts to fouling). Alli is a youngster who really shouldn't be a back bone already.

Inner competitiveness is a wonderful thing as that is what helps create a winning mentality at a club. One of the reasons why Woolwich and Liverpool have rarely put on a title charge for so long is the drop off between their main players and the back ups were too much. You don't want your players to get complacent. Keep them on their toes. We're in that boat but hopefully Poch continues his ruthless streak and works on it. I trust him to do so as he has a lot of admirers but still a lot to prove. We're the perfect fit in many ways to progress together.

If reports were true that we could have signed Martial for considerably less than what United eventually bought him for, then that's a really big missed opportunity. Going back to my initial line of bringing in the calibre of players - we may not be able to shop in the market for your elite players but we can shop in the market for potentially elite players. Martial is in that bracket and on this season he'd get into our line-up.
I think martial would've ironically put us above the line ( title winners), because he's exactly what we're missing; a goalscorer that can come in from wide areas and get a shot on goal.
I'd also love a player like griezmann (who we were linked with) because he is both ruthless in front of goal (no matter the occasion, with the CL semi as evidence) and still works hard for the team. That is what's missing from our team; goalscorers that ain't afraid to put the boot in.
Dele Alli suits that to a tee, but Eriksen essentially falls short. If the creative genius (who we all love) goes missing, he can easily dissappear, we need players that can keep that creativity, but still graft. It's not easy to find ready made ones, but I guess that what our scouting-unit is for. They've got Alli, transformed Lamela, now they need the third one.

Back
Top Bottom