Final game of the season vs. Newcastle (away)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

How ever way you play it, you're a massive knee jerk cunt. Like most on here.
No. You're the cunt, popping up, as usual, to pass judgment on others.

Seriously fucking emotional day. You aren't anywhere to be seen, just like your dual account, until the dust has settled and then you're ready to start shit stirring.

Fuck off. I despise fake fans like you. Trolling internet nobody. Fuck off.

No. You're the cunt, popping up, as usual, to pass judgment on others.

Seriously fucking emotional day. You aren't anywhere to be seen, just like your dual account, until the dust has settled and then you're ready to start shit stirring.

Fuck off. I despise fake fans like you. Trolling internet nobody. Fuck off.
That post was after your post. And as I explained it was my Mother's birthday.

I'd love to see Eriksen grow a ball sack next season.

He's one of the most experienced players out there. This is a guy who has won titles, who has dealt with enormous pressure from a very young age, a guy who has got to finals. This is a guy who has more game starts (289) than Alderweireld (285), a 27 year old man. This is a guy with EIGHT years of football under his belt.

And yet whenever we get smashed he's always in the team and it seems like he's always one of the first to give up, along with Jan.

People have started comparing him to Modric, but when did he control the game today or calm it down or impact on it? He took 2 long distance shots and that's the only thing I can remember. After the first goal Modric would have strangled the game and got us on the front. After we scored he would have calmed us down.

I'm not sure what Eriksen actually is or what he aims to be. His direct goal contributions have dropped from his debut season, which in itself isn't terrible if he's fulfilling another purpose, such as dictating games. But is he doing this? I don't think he is. It's a bit of an identity crisis, but one thing is for sure, he needs to start being more vocal instead of the little sarcastic kid who mutters quips here and there. His experience does not reflect on how he handles games at all.

Is he a leader? No.
Is he one of, if not the most, experienced player in our team? Yes.
Does he represent this by talking, leading the team, doing interviews? No.

He's won titles before. Jan has won titles before. Alderweireld has won titles before.

Where were they in this run in?

Instead it's left to Harry Kane, 2 years his junior, with only half the top flight game time to lead the team, to do the interviews, to talk to people. It's almost cowardly to leave such an important role to such an inexperienced player.

It's about time he became a man instead of a kid.

As a side note, I think Lloris is just as bad a captain. I don't want some calm French bloke as a captain, I want someone who will bollock them when they fuck up. Do you think Lloris screamed at them at half time, at the Chelsea game, at West Brom? Did he fuck.

Like Poch says, mentally we've stabalised from where we were, but we're not ruthless or professional or as authoritative as we need to be. We looked like children against Dortmund and we looked like kids against Newcastle. There are games where we let teams bully us and we either submit (Newcastle) or we throw a tantrum (Chelsea)

I'd love to see Eriksen grow a ball sack next season.

He's one of the most experienced players out there. This is a guy who has won titles, who has dealt with enormous pressure from a very young age, a guy who has got to finals. This is a guy who has more game starts (289) than Alderweireld (285), a 27 year old man. This is a guy with EIGHT years of football under his belt.

And yet whenever we get smashed he's always in the team and it seems like he's always one of the first to give up, along with Jan.

People have started comparing him to Modric, but when did he control the game today or calm it down or impact on it? He took 2 long distance shots and that's the only thing I can remember. After the first goal Modric would have strangled the game and got us on the front. After we scored he would have calmed us down.

I'm not sure what Eriksen actually is or what he aims to be. His direct goal contributions have dropped from his debut season, which in itself isn't terrible if he's fulfilling another purpose, such as dictating games. But is he doing this? I don't think he is. It's a bit of an identity crisis, but one thing is for sure, he needs to start being more vocal instead of the little sarcastic kid who mutters quips here and there. His experience does not reflect on how he handles games at all.

Is he a leader? No.
Is he one of, if not the most, experienced player in our team? Yes.
Does he represent this by talking, leading the team, doing interviews? No.

Instead it's left to Harry Kane, 2 years his junior, with only half the top flight game time to lead the team, to do the interviews, to talk to people. It's almost cowardly to leave such an important role to such an inexperienced player.

It's about time he became a man instead of a kid.

As a side note, I think Lloris is just as bad a captain. I don't want some calm French bloke as a captain, I want someone who will bollock them when they fuck up. Do you think Lloris screamed at them at half time, at the Chelsea game, at West Brom? Did he fuck.

Like Poch says, mentally we've stabalised from where we were, but we're not ruthless or professional or as authoritative as we need to be. We looked like children against Dortmund and we looked like kids against Newcastle. There are games where we let teams bully us and we either submit (Newcastle) or we throw a tantrum (Chelsea)

Yeah, he's only the 2nd most assisting player in the league.
And you clearly have no clue about him as a type of player and type of person.
Jog on, snake.

Cmon guys. Everybody is emotional as shit right now. It's been a terrible day.
I hardly think Joe Clash Joe Clash can be
labeled a fake fan, for Christ's sake.

We're all hurting right now. Maybe we can calm down a bit, and not take our frustration out on each other.

No, Eddie. The more Salmon bitches like a child, the bigger supporter he claims to be. He's a fat useless cunt who relies on Tottenham for his kicks. The world is full of people who think Spurs owes them feelgood. The ones who know, aren't that deluded.

Cmon guys. Everybody is emotional as shit right now. It's been a terrible day.
I hardly think Joe Clash Joe Clash can be
labeled a fake fan, for Christ's sake.

We're all hurting right now. Maybe we can calm down a bit, and not take our frustration out on each other.

Start swinging instead of pretending to be a diplomat, cous'
:lameladisgust:

By all means take positives out of the season and having Champs League is great but fuck me, anybody who thinks this isn't the worst fuck up of finishing above the scum ever just baffles me. To try and claim that we have not ended up Spursy or bottling it completely is like trying to claim goals scored in the 90th minute and beyond don't count.

Got in about an hour ago and have not read any comments yet but have to say this.

I have never in my life booed a Spurs team but today I booed at half-time and full-time. At 5-1 my dad wanted to leave and I said no I want to tell these players what I think of them. We were in the very back row, so I went down to the front row and when the final whistle went I completely lost it, called those players all the cunts under the sun whilst others around me were clapping them.

I've been to every home game this season in all competitions except two when I was away on holiday. Been to 16 away games in all competitions. Went to the dead rubber in the Europa League against Monaco despite having really bad food poisoning. Went to the home game against Dortmund when we had already lost the tie despite feeling really depressed for personal reasons and not having slept for a couple of days. Went all the way to Baku for the Europa League game there. My commitment is the same every year, and I always sing my lungs out at every away game, and as much as is possible in the Paxton for home games.

Today I lost it because I saw that the players do not give a fuck about us. As soon as the league title has gone, CL football is secured, they give up. First half, we bottled 50-50 challenges, we were second to every ball, we didn't bother to press...I've watched enough football to tell the difference between a team who is shit (but trying) and a team who is "on the beach" and I'm sorry but this was the latter. We ask them to do one little thing, not for their bank balance, not for their egos, not for their winners medals, but for US, the long-suffering fans, and they don't do it. We didn't ask for much. We asked for a solitary point against a relegated side with ten men, and they couldn't be bothered to deliver it. A fucking 0-0 draw would have done. 2-2. 3-3. Anything.

Second half we turned up and yes it wasn't a pen and if not for that we would have got 2nd but we should never have been in that position.

The players don't care about Woolwich. They don't have to suffer the abuse we do from those cunts. Those players will not lose a night's sleep over finishing behind them again. I bet that if you asked them when was the last time we finished above them, most of them wouldn't have a fucking clue.

I'm sorry but if you think those players care about us, the fans, then you are deluded. With maybe one or two exception like Kane. They showed their true colours today, and they ain't blue and white...they are only in it for themselves. I thought this team was different but I was just being a complete mug.

They do not deserve the support we give them. I'll continue to go to the same amount of games because I'm a yid and I love the club and I love our fans. But I will not feel bad about giving any players abuse at games (which I have very rarely done in the past), slagging them off on here or in the pub, I won't feel bad about booing, and I'll only support a player if I think they are good enough to wear our shirt, not out of loyalty to them, because at the end of the day, unless they prove otherwise, I will believe they are only in it for themselves.

Back
Top Bottom