Final game of the season vs. Newcastle (away)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Why are we bothering to analyse our performance. It was not us out there, it was a Spurs team who were turned off. Whatever happened cut there we were always going to struggle.. 2nd place dosnt mean anything to the players.. finishing above Woolwich dosnt mean anything unless its CL footballor rather tgan EL.

It wasn't us out there and a large portion of the blame must go to whoever arranged, organised or publicised the meal with SAF at such a crucial time!

Why not wait until season's end?

Some of our players would have noted that as would have their agents!

That contributed to our attitude.

Or you can accuse our team of not giving a toss where we finished once our qualification for the CL was secured and our faint title chance had gone!

This is what Poch is alleging and has hinted that some of our squad will go in the Summer as a result and we can have an intelligent guess who!

I love the guy but as far as our finish is concerned he has a lot to answer for!

Still simmering at those cunts finishing above us again!

I suppose we all have our ways of supporting the team.
Thinking about this and being honest...
If I were to hate them, which i do, as much as you feel I should, it would make me ill -which it would because thats my nature-Im passionate about THFC. This is why I accept the outcome each season and deal with it. Football you need to learn to lose otherwise its painful. Getting beat by them on the day, is the worse pain .

Thinking about this and being honest...
If I were to hate them, which i do, as much as you feel I should, it would make me ill -which it would because thats my nature-Im passionate about THFC. This is why I accept the outcome each season and deal with it. Football you need to learn to lose otherwise its painful. Getting beat by them on the day, is the worse pain .
Strange how people see that attitude as being wrong, without ever considering that their anger and bitterness might be a bigger issue.
I find life a lot more pleasant to deal with if I wash off the things that spoil my life, and concentrate on having a good day.

Strange how people see that attitude as being wrong, without ever considering that their anger and bitterness might be a bigger issue.
I find life a lot more pleasant to deal with if I wash off the things that spoil my life, and concentrate on having a good day.
Nothing would give me greater pleasure than to see Woolwich struggle, get relegated and die whilst we became the best team in the world. But, for now, I have to put up with CL football which I'm grateful for. I understand the anguish and the frustrations around then being better than us in recent years. However, this was only judged on CL football and the odd trophy. league position is irrelevant really, unless you become champions. if we go on to win the CL , i'll finish behind them every season.

Nothing would give me greater pleasure than to see Woolwich struggle, get relegated and die whilst we became the best team in the world. But, for now, I have to put up with CL football which I'm grateful for. I understand the anguish and the frustrations around then being better than us in recent years. However, this was only judged on CL football and the odd trophy. league position is irrelevant really, unless you become champions. if we go on to win the CL , i'll finish behind them every season.
I like the sound of that first sentence. Say it to me again, big boy!

I respect your view, obviously it's been a fantastic season and far greater than anything any of us reasonably hoped for. At the start of the season I thought that fifth again would be a good season, and I expected 6th. The thing that hurts is not where we finished (which everyone is very happy with), it's the failure of most of the players to put an effort in for something that matters relatively little to them (finishing above the scum) but matters a great deal to the fans.

If we had lost to Newcastle because we had an unfair sending off in the first minute and then hit the bar 8 times, before they scored a freak goal in the last minute, I wouldn't be complaining...or if the team had had food poisoning AGAIN or something like that. The problem was that they were playing half-heartedly...if they had tried 100%, no problem from me.

But it's done now and somehow I must forgive these players (Kane, Lloris and Lamela excepted) and look ahead to next season.

it's the failure of most of the players to put an effort in for something that matters relatively little to them (finishing above the scum) but matters a great deal to the fans.
For this reason , I will happily carry on with my day, they, the players certainly will. Maybe the players should explain themselves and answer to supporters. Have they given any reason for the demises in form?

I hate them every bit as you and evryone on here. Its just a reality check for me. 21 years of what? Apart from a few seasons when it was close.
Yes, I would want to finish above them every season. It really hurts when they pip us to 4th spot religating us to 5th place and EL football. When we do qualify for the CL I dont care what they do (as long as its not winning the PL). This season I dont really care, I care more about us and our demise at the end.

Probably what the players thought. I know in the grand scheme of things it gets us the same thing in terms of group stages of champions league but it was a two horse race and the table should show that. Woolwich could have been 5th for all I care. Had city nicked 2nd I'd be just as annoyed. History will show runners up as someone else. We deserved to be a lot closer to Leicester but at the very least deserved runners up. In the end it's about trophies. We must win something next season. League cup, anything. That and top 4 I'll be happy (even if scum finish above us and win fuck all).
It wasn't us out there and a large portion of the blame must go to whoever arranged, organised or publicised the meal with SAF at such a crucial time!

Why not wait until season's end?

Some of our players would have noted that as would have their agents!

That contributed to our attitude.

Or you can accuse our team of not giving a toss where we finished once our qualification for the CL was secured and our faint title chance had gone!

This is what Poch is alleging and has hinted that some of our squad will go in the Summer as a result and we can have an intelligent guess who!

I love the guy but as far as our finish is concerned he has a lot to answer for!

Still simmering at those cunts finishing above us again!

We were switched off before that SAF report. Sorry but there is no excuse for playing like that in a crucial game. Southampton game maybe we weren't our best but scored first and should have wrapped it up if not for Kane taking his eye off the bigger picture on a couple of occasions. Can't be too pissed with him as his goals put us where we are. But we lost to a team above us in the 2016 form table. However performing like that against Newcastle was disgraceful. No excuses for it, whatever was in the papers. go out and be professional. Scum are in the top 4 every year and we have made a massive jump. Young team that lost their heads in the end but it won't happen again. Season over, let's go again.

Probably what the players thought. I know in the grand scheme of things it gets us the same thing in terms of group stages of champions league but it was a two horse race and the table should show that. Woolwich could have been 5th for all I care. Had city nicked 2nd I'd be just as annoyed. History will show runners up as someone else. We deserved to be a lot closer to Leicester but at the very least deserved runners up. In the end it's about trophies. We must win something next season. League cup, anything. That and top 4 I'll be happy (even if scum finish above us and win fuck all).

We were switched off before that SAF report. Sorry but there is no excuse for playing like that in a crucial game. Southampton game maybe we weren't our best but scored first and should have wrapped it up if not for Kane taking his eye off the bigger picture on a couple of occasions. Can't be too pissed with him as his goals put us where we are. But we lost to a team above us in the 2016 form table. However performing like that against Newcastle was disgraceful. No excuses for it, whatever was in the papers. go out and be professional. Scum are in the top 4 every year and we have made a massive jump. Young team that lost their heads in the end but it won't happen again. Season over, let's go again.
What happened in our last few games was beyond any rationality. It was not acceptable on any level. Woolwich have much more experiance than us when finishing a season. But we need ,as ypu say, move on and go again?

Well, I blame Mickey Hazard!! Things were going OK, until he came on the pitch at half time against WBA, predicting that we we would win three and draw one of our last four games and that Leicester would lose all their games, meaning we would have been champions! When will people learn, it ain't over until its's over!

Well, I blame Mickey Hazard!! Things were going OK, until he came on the pitch at half time against WBA, predicting that we we would win three and draw one of our last four games and that Leicester would lose all their games, meaning we would have been champions! When will people learn, it ain't over until its's over!
We never learn, it always bites us in the arse. I cringe when our crowd sing "arsen wenger we want you to stay "...

We blew it against a 10 man championship side

I wasn't saying it was an excuse but a factor!

Thanks for acknowledging the fact that it was our year. Yes, we are sad that we blew it. But I fail to see how that should stop me from having fun about you lot coming in 3rd in a two horse race. Two different incidents - one that concerns both of us and one that does not. I am here to talk about former incident. Do i need to remind you which one is that? It's the one where you lost to Newcastle 5-1 and conceded 2nd to us.

Also, ahhahahaahahhahahahhhahahahahahhahah
We may have a team of bottlers but I'd take that any day over a support of utter bellends. Yes you have a minority of proper supporters but most of you lot over the Emirates are an embarrassment, and if you don't agree with me...that means you're one of them.

Back
Top Bottom