Summer 2016 Transfer Window Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Your opinion. Mine is that he has gone from a true potential worldbeater into a lardy cunt. He was woefully bad & unfit in the euros- it's there for anyone to see. Hardly put himself in the shop window did he? When you say "worth every penny", is that regardless of cost? Would you fling £25 million at him plus £5 million a year in wages?
Did you read the Bayern version of TFC that Joe Clash Joe Clash posted? Their own fans would swap Gotze to us PLUS money- for Dier. Suggests to me that he isn't a level above players we already have. Oppo fans usually have a decent take on the players they have. As do the management. Why is everyone so keen to get rid of him?

I already answered Joe on this very same question. So I'll quote myself here. Not to be a wanker, but because I keep seeing people, and not just you, questioning why he's not wanted/needed at Bayern, and the answer for me is, at least partly, in tactics, but I'd be interested of others have another take on it.

Why is is he out of favour with everyone? He looks like a fat tourist. Can we at least buy players that look like footballers.

Not even going to try on the fat issue. Cause he does look like a fat bastard right now :angryscouser:

Whether it's that or tactics, I don't know. But if you're actually looking for a serious answer, then it's down to him being a number 10. Like most modern AM's he's pretty flexible and can play across the attacking line, but imho he's by far best as a 10. Which is problematic since neither Guardiola or Low really uses one. They're both innovative managers and will put up different attacking formations often. But they're both - as a rule - a lot closer to a 4-3-3 with no number 10, than we are with Poch's 4-2-3-1.

My two cents anywho. Don't know why he's out of favour, but that's at least a reason he'd be a better fit for us than he has been at Bayern.

I already answered Joe on this very same question. So I'll quote myself here. Not to be a wanker, but because I keep seeing people, and not just you, questioning why he's not wanted/needed at Bayern, and the answer for me is, at least partly, in tactics, but I'd be interested of others have another take on it.
Ok, so he's not wanted or needed "in tactics". Does that justify him letting himself go like he has?

Ok, so he's not wanted or needed "in tactics". Does that justify him letting himself go like he has?

No, not really, but tbf if it is just a few kgs I am not too worried , if its due to his superstardom, huge earnings, scoring the World Cup winning goal and being bigger than the Hoff in Germany all culminating in no longer being arsed then that is a problem.

If it is the latter then avoid like the plague, if its just a bad season and comfort eating then at 24 he can be whipped into shape no problem.

Seriously? First line in my self-quote!!!

Not even going to try on the fat issue. Cause he does look like a fat bastard right now :angryscouser:

That was half in jest though. Yes, he's gained, no doubt. But if he'd "let himself go", he wouldn't have been on fringes of Pep team. He would be nowhere the team instead. And he'd not have made the World champions Euro squad, much less started matches for them.

There could be a million reasons, why it's happened. But people need to stop blowing it that much out of proportion. I trust the people at the club to find out, if his weight gain is down to something that's enough of an issue to stop us trying to buy him. End of.

FFS, are we a male modeling agency or a fucking football club? The critiquing of his physique is reaching ridiculous proportions around here. For what it's worth, he's always been a chubby little fucker...even when he was on world class form.

maxresdefault.jpg
479485.jpg
marco-reus-mario-gotze-borussia-dortmund.jpg

Get off it already and find a better reason we shouldn't sign players than because they don't have enough abs to make your dick twitch. Bunch of fucking queens.

FFS, are we a male modeling agency or a fucking football club? The critiquing of his physique is reaching ridiculous proportions around here. For what it's worth, he's always been a chubby little fucker...even when he was on world class form.

maxresdefault.jpg
479485.jpg
marco-reus-mario-gotze-borussia-dortmund.jpg

Get off it already and find a better reason we shouldn't sign players than because they don't have enough abs to make your dick twitch. Bunch of fucking queens.

There's no way he'd look like that if he signed for us. Poch wouldn't allow the slur on his rep.

No, not really, but tbf if it is just a few kgs I am not too worried , if its due to his superstardom, huge earnings, scoring the World Cup winning goal and being bigger than the Hoff in Germany all culminating in no longer being arsed then that is a problem.

If it is the latter then avoid like the plague, if its just a bad season and comfort eating then at 24 he can be whipped into shape no problem.
How could you ever tell though? It's a massive risk. Look at Ronaldinho, bloke stopped caring at 26ish and never got it back (to his level that is).

More Icardi rumours​
How could you ever tell though? It's a massive risk. Look at Ronaldinho, bloke stopped caring at 26ish and never got it back (to his level that is).

It is part of good scouting, you find out what is going on with a player off the pitch, how they train, etc etc

More Icardi rumours​

It is part of good scouting, you find out what is going on with a player off the pitch, how they train, etc etc
You would have thought ... Didn't stop Milan going balls deep on a busted flush though... Or Chelsea on Torres etc.

If he really is out of it, Bayern are hardly going to let us throw a sport psychologist at him for Q&A. Risky business I reckon.

There's no way he'd look like that if he signed for us. Poch wouldn't allow the slur on his rep.

He'd probably tighten up, but then again he does have that Nike contract to live up to...

nike.jpg

Slap a blue cockerel on the chest of that beautiful all-white shirt, and that's your 2017-18 PL Player of the Year. Find your greatness, Mario, find your greatness.

Janssen will be confirmed in the morning.

A guy on Spurs Community called Igijedi must work for Spurs media team. He doesn't give out names but last year called all of our signings even stating the exact time that they would be officially announced.

Done.

Back
Top Bottom