Summer 2016 Transfer Window Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I think if Isco comes to the Premier League it'll either be to either :

Chelsea - because they seem to bid for players and offer obscene wages so that offers can't have him.

Man City - because of the Spanish connection, offer of high wages and league favourite.

Woolwich - because of our special relationship with Madrid which sees them take our best players and sell there's to Woolwich.

I have no dog in this fight, but Pep even said it himself.

Sorry to let the facts get in the way of a good argument.

There has been some chatter of him rejoining, but unlikely it will happen. However, regarding the facts you quoted; when did Guardiola say he didn't want Schweinsteiger? All I know was that he decided to leave Bayern himself? Quotes are welcomed.

Last edited:
I know you didn't say it above, but that is not the same as saying he didn't want him, or even telling him to leave...completely different things here.

To state that Schweinsteiger is a bit like claiming that London is the capital of the UK. It's not really disputed.

No you are right it is not the same as saying he did not want him at the club. I read it as a justification of selling a legend and or getting money for old rope. Without wishing to join the fray, I do not see him as a good 'Fit,' for us at this point FWIW.

They have just been bought by the Chinese. I should think they are rolling in cash.

They'll have cash, but not quite rolling in it, as I understand it. Can't recall the exact numbers, but they paid 700-800m for the club and promised to pump a further 300-350m into the club, but 200-250m of that is to clear Milan's debts. The remaining 100m is enough to throw some cash around in the transfer markets, but not exactly enough to assemble a super squad in today's market.

No you are right it is not the same as saying he did not want him at the club. I read it as a justification of selling a legend and or getting money for old rope. Without wishing to join the fray, I do not see him as a good 'Fit,' for us at this point FWIW.

They had to justify it at the moment, because Schweinsteiger was the symbol of the rise of Bayern since the mid-2000s. The fans were raging, and brought Pep one step closer to his exit (there were many things though). Schweinsteiger made the decision to move on, some people said it was two years too late.

It's not like I think this is something we must do, it was merely a suggestion. We could perhaps leave it there!

Jesse gone to PSG

What happened to our 'special relationship'?
JESSE?

large.jpg

Back
Top Bottom