Summer 2016 Transfer Window Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Its a money thing Im sure of it. All of us in the speculate to accumulate crowd are thrilled.

All those who are in the "ooooh I love that we keep a tight ship" crowd are counting the pennies as if they were their own.

I like us running it tight and going with youth, but a £20m outlay in this transfer window is nothing with TV money and all. And we're going to pay it in installments, imagine in 5 years a £6m installment is £3m with "football-inflation".

This pleased me

I've got no problem with winning the race for a player Everton thought they had, but the way Sissoko handled the u-turn really bothers me. He should have had the courtesy to tell Koeman that he was accepting our offer rather than ignore his phone calls. It doesn't matter if it was embarrassment, a lack of balls or plain rudeness, it's a bad sign.

For the record, on balance, I'm pleased we signed him. I agree with most that the fee is way over par, but I believe we're a stronger, more agile squad with him, and are better equipped to deal with the season ahead.

I like us running it tight and going with youth, but a £20m outlay in this transfer window is nothing with TV money and all. And we're going to pay it in installments, imagine in 5 years a £6m installment is £3m with "football-inflation".
So you believe we will see a 200 million pound signing in the next 5 years?

Its a money thing Im sure of it. All of us in the speculate to accumulate crowd are thrilled.

All those who are in the "ooooh I love that we keep a tight ship" crowd are counting the pennies as if they were their own.

For me it's just frustrating to think about all the deals we've missed out on (according to the media anyway) due to Levy being tight over a couple million, and yet here we are spending £30M on a bloke that performs slightly above average a few times a season

For me it's just frustrating to think about all the deals we've missed out on (according to the media anyway) due to Levy being tight over a couple million, and yet here we are spending £30M on a bloke that performs slightly above average a few times a season
Can we at least wait until the bloke plays a few matches for us to judge him? Newcastle was a cluster fuck of a situation last season.

It's not the money that makes for an ambitious signing, it's the caliber of player. I don't believe that Sissoko is the sort of player that you shell out 30m on, simple. And you haven't been this thrilled with Levy since Soldado's transfer.

I know nothing about Nkoudou, but he does look like a potential like-for-like upgrade. Could be good, I don't know. But on deadline day we also loaned a keeper from Spain and paid 30m for a failed player from the relegated Newcastle. Neither really make sense to me. I think we lacked imagination in this transfer window and we might have improved squad depth, but we also didn't really punch on and strengthen.

For me it's not a money thing, I don't really care what the club spends as none of it has any real repercussions for me.

It's just what I've read, heard, and seen in some cases, which makes me think Sissoko is a prize bellend, however Poch must see something in him otherwise Levy wouldn't have paid a reported £30m for him, so I'll reserve any real judgement for the end of the season and we can see the impact he's had.

It's clear when Sissoko fancies it, he's a very good player, but how long will it take for him to become accustomed to the way Spurs seem to be at the moment.

Back
Top Bottom