***THE MIGHTY TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR V BRAIN LEVERKUSEN ****

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Got in late so have just finished watching it.

Extraordinary performance from Spurs, confidence vanished, form absent all over the park; simply awful.

Qualification still possible though, just the 6 points required.

Piece of piss imo.

What do you think the results will be, and if you had to pick a word to describe the way in which they'll be achieved, what would it be?

Agree Sissoko wasn't that bad - people around me moaning when he sliced it wide.....completely missing that he'd 100% made the chance for himself

Son has lost his spark since the last International break, just not chasing down any balls now.

We need to play our strongest team on Sunday, no worrying about injuries imo:

Lloris
Walker Alderweireld Vertonghen Rose
Wanyama Dembele
Lamela Eriksen (In his right position!!) Alli (In the position where he scored all his goals last season!!)
Kane
Totally agree. Fuck rotation for the time being. We desperately need all our best players to be playing regularly

Think I've hurt Boltonspur Boltonspur 's feelings. I'm a cunt. I'm forever derailing threads with my vacuous nonsense. I rescind, I rescind, I rescind.

A good binning might be appropriate
You ain't hurt my feelings. I'm just curious to know about your pre occupation with race & wild ideas about others perceptions of race. It all sounds a bit isolated & insecure in your world. You should take stock again. Giving up the alcohol was a start but the time spent alone, in the middle of nowhere for days/weeks on end, with no crutch, must take its toll on you. I'm not having a go, but you get weird from time to time, then back off, then get even more strange. I'd love to know why "physical specimen+black man=racist" exists in your mind? It's as potty as it gets.

Sorry, & I know every bloke we sign should be given every chance. I've defended soldado, Janssen & even Paulinho ffs. But sissoko leaves me cold as a Spurs "player". I see fuck all in him that I like. Absolutely nothing. He left Newcastle without any unrest from their fans. None. I just wish we'd let Everton blow 29.5 million on him & looked elsewhere or not bothered. Piss poor. He looks completely out of his league.
It's looking more like a £30 million fuck up every game he plays.

I work in Geordieland and they were jubilant when the news broke, to a man.

I work in Geordieland and they were jubilant when the news broke, to a man.
The bloke has every attribute of a fraud. When the selling teams fans are jumping with joy at getting rid, then surely the player is a worry? He has massive ability as he showed on the euro platform but apart from elbowing some unheard of bloke from Bournemouth & getting suspended for it, has he even made an impact for us? I will happily give new players time to settle but this chap has "expensive fail" written all over him. And it baffles me. We didn't need him. He cheated his ex team a penalty against us when they were relegated. £30 million could have been invested more sensibly earlier in the window. But hey ho, Daniel knew better.

The worst thing for me has been Wembley s atmosphere, and it was like that even before the game started

Good job I decided to spend a couple of hours at the Torch before the game: that was great fun. Then as soon as I got into the stadium everything changed: I have never been to a Spurs game with a worse atmosphere. We are so quick at throwing shit to the players, but how about the fans attitude?

We haven't been good enough and we are not going through a great moment, but hopefully the payers will learn something from this. Melting at this time of the year is embarrassing imo, in fact it's embarrassing any time. Maybe it's me: I am not a melter; if anything I have the opposite tendency (ending up in denial)

I think that more than anything we lack experience and even more we are missing our leaders on the pitch (Kane and Toby)

Let's make ourselves comfortable, because we are facing a tough month, after which things may look even worse.... or maybe not: anything can happen....

We will have a decent season and a great future

COYS

Fucking pile of dog shit. Who the fuck at the club thought yes let's buy him. pointless waste of space
We needed to put Everton in their place. Show them who the big boys are. Fucking scouse upstarts. Similar scenario to when we outbid the Pikeys for Darren Bent. The league positions down the years justify these wild transfers. Money well spent .

Pretty sure Sissoko wasn't the problem tonight.

Also, the amount if times the Sissoko transfer fee is brought up is weird. We get it, Levy overpaid for a guy that Poch (supposedly) wanted. This isn't a cap system.
30 million is nothing more than a Sky Sports headline. The club would pay a smaller % early on and then spread the payments over the contract for the rest. When Sissoko leaves us for Stoke in 18/19 season for £18 million. We will all cry "we blew 12 million" while Levy's accountant will say "we are 5 million in profit on this deal"

Transfer fee aside. The guy was utter crap tonight. If he was 8 grand or 80 million he is still not worth either figure based on tonight's performance. However, the annoying thing is, he CAN do it ( whatever IT is ) but like 10 other players he was so very poor this evening. Even Hugo kicked and threw like he was pissed up tonight.

Heaven fucking help us if we have to try to fill Wembley on a Thursday night post Christmas. At this rate even MK Dons would not be a sell out

Last edited:
What happened to the brotherly love/togetherness of this group? Last season everyone was working for each other. It's just a group of guys running about for 90mins at the moment. I hope this turns around soon

We needed to put Everton in their place. Show them who the big boys are. Fucking scouse upstarts. Similar scenario to when we outbid the Pikeys for Darren Bent. The league positions down the years justify these wild transfers. Money well spent .

League positions down the years are probably a result of such stupid signings. LOL money well spent. Explain how sissoko was money well spent.

Back
Top Bottom