Gent v Tottenham

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I still think PG Tips or Tetley missed a trick by not sponsoring it...
:pochbye:
Just in case some of the younger members thought I was joking

Period Sponsor Name
1960/61–1980/81 No main sponsor Football League Cup
1981/82–1985/86 Milk Marketing Board Milk Cup
1986/87–1989/90 Littlewoods Littlewoods Challenge Cup
1990/91–1991/92 Rumbelows Rumbelows Cup
1992/93–1997/98 Coca-Cola[18] Coca-Cola Cup
1998/99–2002/03 Worthington's[19] Worthington Cup
2003/04–2011/12 Molson Coors[20] Carling Cup
2012/13–2015/16 Capital One[21] Capital One Cup
2016/17 No main sponsor EFL Cup
2017/18– Carabao[22] Carabao Cup

Looks like a strong squad has travelled.

Tobes looks 'glad' to be home...

Kane has clearly been photoshopped... he's not there, that's the expression from the post-match interview he gave after Middlesbro' ...thy've just cut'n'pasted it!!

...and I bet he's wearing the new 'Pinstripe' kit under his Tracksuit!

a strong squad has gone over to get the job done.Also we are in the last 32 of a cup what i class as we could win and would get us in the champions league next season.Not going to win the league and maybe not get a top 4 finish so go balls deep to win silverwear and get us in the big compertition next year

I genuinely hope we take tomorrow seriously... it's only 'Sky' who try to brainwash us that the CL is the be-all-and-end-all of Football... Clubs with a proud history in this competition (albeit a competition barely recognisable from the one we're taking part in nowadays) should know better than to thumb their noses at any chance of Silverware!!

One game at a time, a bit of luck-who knows?

True.

I get many of the other comments on this thread and I understand them.

If I thought we had the squsd depth and quality I might say the same.

I manage my expectations and I also have my own priority list.

First is the league, then the FA Cup, followed by the league Cup abd then whichever European competition we are in.

For now I see that as realistic.

Kane on a plane.......you is a poet and you don't know it......:pochsmirk:

52919080.jpg

True.

First is the league, then the FA Cup, followed by the league Cup abd then whichever European competition we are in.

The PL has gone unless Chelsea mess up. Cups, its always down to a little luck. We are good enough to win either, depending all the factors that go your way?

The PL has gone unless Chelsea mess up. Cups, its always down to a little luck. We are good enough to win either, depending all the factors that go your way?

And mate I don't think we are good enough to win the Europa. I just do not think we have a Cup side and certainly not in a two-legged affair.

Looks like a strong squad has travelled.

Indeed - though there's probably an element of Poch bringing everyone so that they can train together.

Definitely think we'll see Trippier, Winks, and Janssen starting this one. Maybe N'Koudou.

I may be wrong (that's happened before) but I think we stand more chance of winning the Europa League this year than anything else.

Given that 5 of the top 6 are still left in the FA Cup, I think you might be right.
If United drop out of the Europa League, then we're the favourites on paper.

True.

You rate the league cup higher then the Champions league or Europa league lol?

I genuinely hope we take tomorrow seriously... it's only 'Sky' who try to brainwash us that the CL is the be-all-and-end-all of Football... Clubs with a proud history in this competition (albeit a competition barely recognisable from the one we're taking part in nowadays) should know better than to thumb their noses at any chance of Silverware!!

Since Sky lost the CL, it's all about the mega £££s Premier League.

Europa League this season is a genuine chance for us to win. Forget our previous disinterested performances. This is about the future and giving it a proper go. Win a trophy and it will set us on our way.

Since Sky lost the CL, it's all about the mega £££s Premier League.

Europa League this season is a genuine chance for us to win. Forget our previous disinterested performances. This is about the future and giving it a proper go. Win a trophy and it will set us on our way.
I agree, and Lloris in particular has made the right noises in this regard.

Problem is, we've heard this sort of rhetoric before and then it's followed up with a bafflingly weak squad being fielded in a difficult Europa League match (as with Dortmund).
Let's see what tomorrow's lineup is like before trusting the 'we need to give it our all in this competition' line.

Back
Top Bottom