Gent v Tottenham

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Woo go sissoko you can do it!

That better?

If I'm at the game I'll make positive noise, as it is I'm sat at home watching us playing terrible and need somewhere to vent

Don't complain if someone disagrees then.

He's not a winger, but is constantly played like one. Same shit we saw with Siggy. It beggars belief.

Anyone else a bit worried about how this game is going?
Still think we will go through comfortable.
But kinda proves we were all talking crap about how highly motivated & hungry the players would be to win an european trophy.

Last edited:
Why do we never look like Spurs when we play in Europe ?
The CL run under Rednapp aside, we always look like this , year in and year out, can't work it out at all.

The issue is that our players, whilst good athletes, are somewhat questionable technically. Thus when it gets tight, sissoko, wanyama, davies turn it over. How many times has davies just kicked it upfield to no one because he isn't able to go past a player? Winks, a player with good technical ability looks fine, but the others are struggling. It's one of the reasons as to why we struggle against teams who sit deep.

I get why Poch changed formations with Rose being out (not so much vertonghen as we had adequate cover) but in hindsight he probably should have just stuck to the 3 at the back.
Davies isnt the best left wing back but Alonso at Chelski doesn't have pace either but he still does a good job there. We clearly would have been weaker with Davies on that side instead of Danny but now we have switched back to a formation that does'nt get the best out if Dele and Eriksen. It just wasn't worth changing the formation at all really.

Back
Top Bottom