Dele

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Dele is a kid who made a mistake. Think about the stuff you did when you were 20 and how it would stand up to close attention.
Gerrard got sent off v Everton when he was 19, maybe Liverpool should have fucked him off instead of getting behind him ... not.

He also got sent off against United in his 30s after 38 seconds of being subbed on. Perhaps Liverpool should never of bothered with that Gerrard chap.

The laughable thing is, if poch dropped Alli on Sunday and we drop points, Poch will be getting the blame!

Managers don't drop star players because of bad tackles.

Just to recap it for those who haven't seen it (and might be riding on the rage wave)

Oooh "shocking".....I've seen worse tackles get ignored or only get yellows against us recently

Just Europe.

So he basically goes potentially 7 months without punishment for attempting to break a leg.
You sound bitter??

Or do you mean that he's got 7 months to 'forget' about what he did, and probably just do it again in Europe next season?? (if we get there!!)

He´s gone in with the inside of his foot, and glanced past the ball (that he was OBVIOUSLY trying to play)

Bad tackle, red was right. End of story.

Cant understand the fall out and accusations to be honest

Silly lad, was obviously frustrated by not getting the foul a few seconds before but no excuse. Think it probably lost us the game. He will know that, so will the rest of the club, I believe he will be feeling pretty bad at the moment and little needs to be said about it, perhaps he even needs an arm round his shoulder showing him support.

We've seen top players do this once or twice, I for one don't want to see him benched for the weekend game, I want to see him come out and boss the game as a way to make it up to the club.

I think deep down we had little chance of winning the comp with our list of injuries and volume of games left. I believe the league needs to be our focus so we get CL next season as it's important to finance and attracting new players.

It's funny, last season we had the likes of Chadli who could have come on for the last 25mins. I feel our bench lacks quality impact players, perhaps more senior guys who can make the difference when the game is stretched and players are tired and have lost half a yard – those champions we speak of...

You sound bitter??

Or do you mean that he's got 7 months to 'forget' about what he did, and probably just do it again in Europe next season?? (if we get there!!)

Well I mean, you'd hope he'd learn about what he did in that time.

Silly lad, was obviously frustrated by not getting the foul a few seconds before but no excuse. Think it probably lost us the game. He will know that, so will the rest of the club, I believe he will be feeling pretty bad at the moment and little needs to be said about it, perhaps he even needs an arm round his shoulder showing him support.

We've seen top players do this once or twice, I for one don't want to see him benched for the weekend game, I want to see him come out and boss the game as a way to make it up to the club.

I think deep down we had little chance of winning the comp with our list of injuries and volume of games left. I believe the league needs to be our focus so we get CL next season as it's important to finance and attracting new players.

It's funny, last season we had the likes of Chadli who could have come on for the last 25mins. I feel our bench lacks quality impact players, perhaps more senior guys who can make the difference when the game is stretched and players are tired and have lost half a yard – those champions we speak of...

To be fair (to the crowd) his name did get sung 'Loud and proud' as he walked off the pitch... I hope that makes him realise we still support him, even if we didn't like what he'd done.
Plus, that always winds up the 'holier than thou' TV commentators, when a sent-off player gets an ovation from the home crowd...
What do they expect us to do... Boo & Lynch him?

Late tackle implies he was going for the ball in the first place. He wasn't. He was going for the player's leg.
We've seen it before with Gazza - an overall decent human being with a tendency to lash out and do stupid things to the detriment of their careers (also known as self-destruct button).
Poch's treatment of Dele - his "special boy" - is akin to Venables treatment of Gazza, just let him do what he likes.
Dele has huge potential, as he could be the most gifted English midfielder since Gazza, but that challenge gets worse each time you look at it. If the petulance keeps happening then the club has to do something rather than just ignore it.
Bollocks mate. "keeps happening" what?! He is nothing like Gazza, I see zero similarities, absolutely completely two different people, two different personalities. The only thing they share is they are(were) two highly competitive sportsmen.
Seeing as you don't want the club to ignore it, what are you expecting the club to do? What do you want the club to do, what punishment does he deserve?

It's not about the tackle itself for me.

It's about him letting us down at such an important stage by doing something intentionally stupid and what it cost us. That is what should be punished.
The thing is his sending off didn't change the game. We dominated before and after he was on the pitch. Granted it doesn't make it easier, and no doubt the two of us can trade back and forth the minutia of the game to support our relative cases but there was no turning point. The game didn't hinge on the sending off. We had 25 shots, TWENTY FIVE and hit the target just with 5. This is what cost us the game and the tie (although the we fucked the tie in 1st game).

No one knows what he was thinking, but to me he lost his head and fannied a 50/50. Not worth dropping him for it, but the same people who are backing him would hammer Son or Eriksen if they had jumped out the way. This was much worse as he got himself sent off. Go and win the ball like Dier or Toby would have. But he is not a centreback and is still young, so definitely don't crucify the lad for it either.

Has he come out with the obligatory apology to the fans yet?

As we all know in this day and age, he can't be forgiven until he apologises to THE DISGRUNTLED FANS WHO PAID THEIR £5-£10 TO BEAR WITNESS TO SUCH SHOCKING BEHAVIOUR!

I imagine Twatterface won't rest until he's released a statement!

Back
Top Bottom