Europa League vs Gent (20.05KO)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Just woke up after a 28 hour road trip, amazing away day for Gent. My thoughts on the game :
Spurs were very strong 2 nd half esp, taking of Dembele was an error (same as last week) and reduced the pressure on Gent midfield, allowing for counter possibilities.
Gent were poor, the worst performance in Europe for a long time. Stupid and dangerous from Dele, but Spurs could and should ve scored 3 or 4 ..
Walker and Son were amazing, the atmosphere in the Gent crowd was too. But its easier for away fans, esp 8k of them all in the same corner. When Spurs did start singing the noise was impressive.

Hangover is a bitch though

Last edited:
We have a very young and very inexperienced team. Every one of these moments is a learning experience, and I hope the lads learned a valuable lesson in the fact that sitting back and underestimating your "lesser" opponent in their stadium can ultimately cost the tie.

There are 92 teams is it, in England? Pro teams, then theres non league.
Add every team in every country in Europe. Now do that for South America.

How many teams fans have been "let down".

There are probably about 5 clubs from some 2000, who fans can boast all year every year.

I suggest you get used to it, or jump off, cos your gonna be fucking miserable if you cant enjoy the game without silverwear. Welcome to Spurs. I was born in 76, but the first cup I could genuinely be part of was 91.
Thats 3 cups in my Spurs supporting years, being too young to remember of really get the ones before that.

Im still in the VAST minority of fans who have seen their club lift a cup. Fucking get over it.
I haven't demanded any cups

Just woke up after a 28 hour road trip, amazing away day for Gent. My thoughts on the game :
Spurs were very strong 2 nd half esp, taking of Dembele was an error (same as last week) and reduced the pressure on Gent midfield, allowing for counter possibilities.
Gent were poor, the worst performance in Europe for a long time. Stupid and dangerous from Dele, but Spurs could and should ve scored 3 or 4 ..
Walker and Son were amazing, the atmosphere in the Gent crowd was too. But its easier for away fans, esp 8k of them all in the same corner. When Spurs did start singing the noise was impressive.

Hangover is a bitch though
Very accurate summation IMO. If ever there was a match that you'd say "whatever can go wrong, will go wrong" applied to.....

I thought the team was very strong yesterday, especially being down to 10. Ball movement was excellent, even the final attacking pass. However.......................... shooting accuracy was horrendous. Put it on frame FFS!!!!!

Davies adds very little to the attack. The move to Son was a big help.

We have a very young and very inexperienced team. Every one of these moments is a learning experience, and I hope the lads learned a valuable lesson in the fact that sitting back and underestimating your "lesser" opponent in their stadium can ultimately cost the tie.

Why do people keep saying this.

Who in the team is inexperienced?

Lloris? No
Walker? No
Vertonghen? No
Alderweireld? No
Rose? No
Dier? No
Dembele? No
Son? No
Kane? No
Eriksen? No

find me a yes.... Winks?

Why do people keep saying this.

Who in the team is inexperienced?

Lloris? No
Walker? No
Vertonghen? No
Alderweireld? No
Rose? No
Dier? No
Dembele? No
Son? No
Kane? No
Eriksen? No

find me a yes.... Winks?

Not really experienced in winning trophies. Not one of them has won an English trophy.

Experience in winning trophies and playing important European games.

You might want to research that. There's hardly anyone in the team that's not played in europe for most of their career. Most of the players have won trophies.

Awaiting bullshit reply of "none of our players have won the premiership or champions league"

Yeah well if, your going to be like that.

We bottle big games. If our players had more experience of winning things that wouldn't happen so often.

So you can't win things until you've won things. Nice.

Again, same example, different context - what experience did Leicesters team have?

The "inexperience" isn't with the players, imo.

You might want to research that. There's hardly anyone in the team that's not played in europe for most of their career. Most of the players have won trophies.

Awaiting bullshit reply of "none of our players have won the premiership or champions league"
I know our Belgian CBS have won the league with Ajax. Other than that, who on our team has experience in winning trophies?

A lot of our guys have been in Europa for multiple seasons I agree, but we've hardly done anything to warrant experience in meaningful games in Europe.

This also includes Poch

You know, the usual cretins are on display in this thread, from the self appointed football experts, to the usual negative-whatever-the-result cunts. But seriously, our performances this season in Europe simply haven't been good enough. We gave a lot in this game, but too little to late, and the immaturity of one player in particular also let us down. An immaturity that hasn't exactly been secret if people have been keeping track.

But we need to use this as an excuse to fight for top four and FA Cup, or perhaps even the title. So the season is not over. I know it's frustrating, but, as I've said for years, the chance of winning the Europey Cup has always been pretty tenuous.

We've got a grand new stadium coming. We're more and more finishing in the top spaces. The trophies will be here soon. In fact, I'll give every poster who replies to this post £10 if we don't within the next 5 years.

Back
Top Bottom