The mighty Spurs Vs Woolwich K.O: 16:30 Sunday 30th

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I have a ticket. I live in Sydney. I am flying on Friday and leaving Monday. I will be wrecked but it will be worth it.

Might be looking for a drink or two!

Coys.

So you're flying from Oz to the UK and back again in a weekend? :pochwtf:

Fuck, never been myself but doesn't that constitute almost the entire weekend in the air? :pochshock:

With 90 mins of football in-between :wanyama:

I believe we want it and believe we can do it.
Lets not allow memories of our past, limit our potential of what we can achieve in the future. Beat Woolwich and there is no reason why not, march on.
Great things will happen this season if we don't stop believing.
:coys:

It's my birthday, bank holiday weekend, last ever nld at the lane. Iam going to be a mess. I been going to the lane since 1977. Never have I been so proud of the side than I am of this team.

More importantly I have never been as proud of our supporters than I am now. We have never deserted this club. We have taken all the slings and arrows and thrown it back at their faces. Our fans have been fucking immense and we going to show the world what it means to be a yid.

Happy birthday weekend Paddy - Top Man. :dierpochhug:

From March 2016:

Warning: contains S*l C*mpb*ll

It speaks of intense atmosphere, passion, excitement have you noticed that in every clip to the backdrop to support and illustrate this is at White Hart Lane. It's Tottenham that is the atmosphere, it's Tottenham that is the excitement, it's Tottenham that is the passion. Something that can only be achieved from the only North London team. We've been singing North London is ours for 135 years. Were the franchise from Plumstead not created they'd all be Tottenham fans.

Ha! 2 from Falco, both volleys. With his right foot!

Annoying it wasnt MOTD, his first would have been seen a gazillion times on telly by now, would have driven gooners as bonkers as Villa v Citeh cup final.
Hard to find a better goal than his first, the whole move, the finish and against them. He was in front of me at Palace a few years back, that's his favourite goal. Lovely fella to boot.

I've just seen the most horrific video from Betstars about this weekend. They've had Sol Campbell predict the game.. he's predicted Sanchez to score first and Woolwich to score 2-1 because they're in good form... GOOD FUCKING FORM.

I'm not sure whether he bring himself to actually admit Spurs are in much better form and are clear favourites.

Also, they are giving us a chance to win a signed Sol Campbell Spurs shirt.. I honestly think they want rid of all custom.

Which is the way it should be. To come up with a similarly childish epithet simply gives their idiotic name the recognition it doesn't deserve.

I posted about this in the Laugh at Gooners thread, but a bizarre phenomenon has been occurring with my Gooner acquaintances on social media over since Sunday.

It feels like im in some weird parallel mirror dimension where THEY are having a pop at US for exiting the CL early, and celebrating finishing above them as if we've won a trophy.... no fuicking self awareness, honestly.

So please lets not give the day a name and print fucking t-shirts because it IS small time

(IT'S GONNA BE FUCKING AMAZING - SHOUT IT FROM THE TREE TOPS. OH RIGHTEOUS DAY - THE SHADOW HAS FINALLY LIFTED!)

From March 2016:

Warning: contains S*l C*mpb*ll

I absolutely love this. Thanks for sharing. It's clearly meant to be a balanced account of our rivalry, but I honestly think we come across much better. I think that's mostly down to the personality of these "historians" - the Woolwich guy is so clueless and awkward whereas our guy (Adam Powley) seems so much more informed and authoritative, and has a lot more charisma (if anyone ever sees this guy at one of our games, buy him a pint). Plus, the Woolwich segments are all over the place - but I guess that is to be expected considering they had to be filmed in various parts of London/Kent in order to piece their tragic, nomadic story together...

:adeohshit:

Possibly. Although the day I was born we beat them 5-0.
Have never thought to ask my dad if he was pissed off that I made him miss that game

"Dad, what do you remember about the day I was born?"
"Brilliant son, best day of my life. Couldn't have been prouder. I was there throughout. Had a great view."

You sure he missed the game?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom