Questions for the podcast

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Does Harry Kane have a shot at beating Jimmy Greaves 266 club goals record.
  • 98 Goals in 165 Appearances
  • 0.59 Goals Per Game
  • Greaves Record is 266 Goals
  • Kane is 168 Goals behind
  • He is on course to break the record games which is just 6 seasons
Personally, I don't see him staying at Spurs long enough to break it.

You don't see him staying at Spurs... the optimist says he'll break the records because he won't want to leave the threepeat league champs

You like to take the low-expectation route (and given that it's Spurs you're usually proven right but that's not the point)
I won't revel in his departure (if he ever leaves).. I don't expect him or any of our stars to end their career at Spurs. That's not negative, it's the reality.

He'd smash that record if he stayed.

I won't revel in his departure (if he ever leaves).. I don't expect him or any of our stars to end their career at Spurs. That's not negative, it's the reality.

He'd smash that record if he stayed.
I guess it depends on what he wants from his career. How many seasons do you think he needs to break the record? 7, 8? Not utterly crazy to think he stays to 30 then goes to a Madrid equivalent towards the end of his career.

That's the key - he's so young he could break the record and still have a number of years abroad if that's what he wants.

I dunno, I know I'm relentlessly positive about Spurs, I guess they serve up enough misery over the years if I didn't stay positive I'd be utterly dejected at all times, couldn't handle the lows without thinking tomorrow will be better

I guess it depends on what he wants from his career. How many seasons do you think he needs to break the record? 7, 8? Not utterly crazy to think he stays to 30 then goes to a Madrid equivalent towards the end of his career.

That's the key - he's so young he could break the record and still have a number of years abroad if that's what he wants.

I dunno, I know I'm relentlessly positive about Spurs, I guess they serve up enough misery over the years if I didn't stay positive I'd be utterly dejected at all times, couldn't handle the lows without thinking tomorrow will be better
Kane staying or leaving doesn't affect Spurs' progress for me, Pochettino is the main factor for me, and I am positive Poch stays and that's more vital to how we progress as a club.

Kane staying or leaving doesn't affect Spurs' progress for me, Pochettino is the main factor for me, and I am positive Poch stays and that's more vital to how we progress as a club.
I agree with the sentiment that Poch is #1 and key to everything, but Kane is so talismanic to us that it would certainly rock us for him to leave any time soon. Draws everything about the "project" into question. I'd agree 100% about any other player though including Dele, Lloris, Toby etc.

I agree with the sentiment that Poch is #1 and key to everything, but Kane is so talismanic to us that it would certainly rock us for him to leave any time soon. Draws everything about the "project" into question. I'd agree 100% about any other player though including Dele, Lloris, Toby etc.
If he left before we went into the new stadium, that would be a disaster, I go along with that. I can see him with us for another 3 seasons minimum. It'd take a ridiculous bid or some other unforeseen circumstance for him to leave before then. But for him to be a one club man, I'm not so sure I can see it happening, I'd love it to though.

If he left before we went into the new stadium, that would be a disaster, I go along with that. I can see him with us for another 3 seasons minimum. It'd take a ridiculous bid or some other unforeseen circumstance for him to leave before then. But for him to be a one club man, I'm not so sure I can see it happening, I'd love it to though.
As long as we win the league first I'm good

Back
Top Bottom