Danny Rose

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Fuck me. What is going on at this club.

Unless this is all on Poch and he's told them all to make Rose still feel part of the team and nothing changes.

Was saying to my younger brother just the other day how footballers around the age 26-30 are very dangerous as they have (realistically) one last chance at a "big" contract (£65,000/week seems big to me but hey ho).

Even at clubs like Chelsea/Manc clubs these days players at those ages can either look to China/Saudi clubs or the main elite (Barca, Real, Bayern etc) for that bumper contract.

Whether it's agents or what something really needs to be sorted out here. Even if it's FIFA saying in 10 years the worldwide wage cap will be £100,000/week for all players at all clubs, regardless of backing. 10 years then should not affect current salaries and any kid/young player can sit and think long and hard about whether they really want £100,000/week kicking a ball of air or take the easier route and joining the armed forces for £100,000/3-4 years.

Back on topic I would open him up to offers from all foreign clubs - and then scout their clubs for any good players we could potentially take cash & player(s) for in exchange for the little bitch.

If no suitable foreign offer comes in bleed the shit out of anyone in the prem that shows interest and just accept we're NEVER going to compete with billionaires so either accept that and the realisation that Tottenham 99.99999% most likely won't win anything against that financial muscle or simply go and support a small national league team local to you where the players will actually talk to the fans and the club won't charge you £50/game.

Seriously the way the players treat us fans who pay their wages is a fucking disgrace. Some fans will even see their own kids go without for that sky sports subscription to enjoy watching their team as a family and you have little fucking pricks like this fat cunt abusing them? If I ever see the short fat cunt I'll hope I've got a few £2 coins I can do some fucking damage to that prick with.

He wasn't the first and he won't be the last.

Thing is, the players (Well, Rose definitely) want new marquee signings, yet they also want more money.

The two don't go hand in hand. You either stay on your wages and we make signings or you get pay rises and we sign no one. Make up your mind.

Just read the paper today.
Can't believe this bloke. Write your own P45 why don't you on your 65k per week for 6 months on the sick!
Only 3million for not playing!

No right back at the moment. No 1st choice left back soon. Moaning he has competition for his place. He hasn't had a place for 6 months!

He's been good but far too infrequent for me. Not bothered if he stays or goes tbh.
I'm off to google left backs and scout a decent signing!

Thing is, the players (Well, Rose definitely) want new marquee signings, yet they also want more money.

The two don't go hand in hand. You either stay on your wages and we make signings or you get pay rises and we sign no one. Make up your mind.

Remember most footballers are about as sharp as a spoon

It's clear the sun are going to run with this and will now use Danny as their poster boy. This is what they do, they get what they need and the manipulate it to fuck to get a long drawn out news story.

Everything they print from now on will be exaggerated and pure hearsay, because they have the leverage to say 'the first story had quotes'. Notice how they've gone from a back page today with quotes from an interview to a back page tomorrow which is pure hearsay.

Absolutely no way Rose walks into the training ground today with a heroes welcome.

Don't buy the fucking sun

'Signings you don't have to google'

I'd love to know how many people knew who Eric Dier, Dele Alli and even Danny Rose were before they became the players they are today. No one knew who Ronaldo was before Fergie took a chance!

I agree with a lot of what he's saying.. we do need to review the wage structure, we Son need to strengthen and he has every right to want to win something during his career. However, what player who is available and affordable could come in and replace one of our starting 11? We have the strongest starting 11 in the league.. unless someone like Modric, Kroos, Bale or Vidal became available then I don't see anyone who is walking into our starting 11.

He mentions Barkley, who I think we will sign, but he wouldn't get in over Dele, Eriksen, Dembele, Wanyama.. probably not over Son and maybe not Lamela.

Either we act like a title challenging team or we don't.

Elite players want money and trophies, that's a fact. Soon everyone here will realise that it applies to homegrown academy players too. If we can't pay them the going rate and sufficiently strengthen the team because it's literally impossible financially then fair enough we can't do it. But then we can't expect to keep hold of the best players. We should accept that we will build players up until their prime and then sell.

Yes we have been title challengers and so close but it's unreasonable to expect players to be content with being such underdogs again and again. It's testament to how incredible we are at punching above our weight but that's how it is.

If you're Rose you've become the best LB in Europe. There was a less than 1% chance of that happening. You have 3 or so more years to make the best of it and have something to show for your football career.

Personally, I'd like to see all offers from English clubs rejected out of hand. We should never allow a Spurs player to move to a rival imo.

I suspect that he'll regret this ill considered outburst for the rest of his life, never mind his career, the stupid boy.

Back
Top Bottom