West Ham - League cup game

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

But it's how we lost, and even more infuriating, who we lost to.
We just gave those small time eel munchers a fucking great stick to taunt us with for years to come. A scandalous performance against a local rival. There should be a public apology on the official site today. Anything less would be a kick in the teeth

The league table never lies John and those cunts will NEVER be able to taunt us about that

Crap

Poch respects the players just not the competition

I’m mildly disappointed at it was Spam but that’s all and it’s all about Saturday

Remember when a lot of us, including me, were melting about losing to the scum in this tin pot competition in mid week and then we absolutely mullered a good Citeh team at the weekend!

I converted to Poch then and have been firmly in his camp since

:pochsmirk:
Ha ha, yeah, same here.

Although losing to the scum will always hurt, West Ham are just a joke. People getting this upset just validates them. If your mates/workmates are trolling you. Just smile and show them the league table

A lot of posters who havent been around out in force today
7CbFriA.gif

In grand scheme of things 2nd place is just as good as 17th place, no difference.

Two people agreed with this utter nonsense. Astonishing really. Sorry, but if we finished 17th in the league you would be first and loudest in calling for the manager’s head - even if that finish was offset by winning this cup.

You can’t win it until February/March. Would you really have remained silent until then? We all know you wouldn’t have - even you.

All well and good and I can see the arguments as to why we are better off out of the League Cup but the thing I still don't get (I asked this a couple times last night and nobody told me) is that nowhere on this thread were any of you saying this before the match or up to the hour mark. It was all "We're going to smash the fuckers", "We're going to win 6-0", "Who can we get in the quarter finals?" and so on.

If you were all so convinced that surrendering at home to West Ham is the best thing that could happen (the so-called "bigger picture" that those that see it patronisingly refer to), why were you not banging on about it before we decided to sleep walk through the last 40 minutes of the game?

Because from from where I'm standing it seems you have jumped ship onto another opinion when the first went down the shitter...

All well and good and I can see the arguments as to why we are better off out of the League Cup but the thing I still don't get (I asked this a couple times last night and nobody told me) is that nowhere on this thread were any of you saying this before the match or up to the hour mark. It was all "We're going to smash the fuckers", "We're going to win 6-0", "Who can we get in the quarter finals?" and so on.

If you were all so convinced that surrendering at home to West Ham is the best thing that could happen (the so-called "bigger picture" that those that see it patronisingly refer to), why were you not banging on about it before we decided to sleep walk through the last 40 minutes of the game?

Because from from where I'm standing it seems you have jumped ship onto another opinion when the first went down the shitter...
Because we all still wanted and felt we'd win. We then didn't, and commented on our feelings of an unexpected loss.

''If you were all so convinced that surrendering at home to West Ham is the best thing that could happen''

Sensationalist false bollocks. No one said that.

You're allowed to have more than one opinion. Wanting to win, thinking you'll win but then not being distraught at the loss is what happened. I don't know why that confuses you.

It is a fact that last night was our 2nd least important game of the season so far, hence the apathy.

If everyone cares about this cup so much why didn't more of you show up, there was 35 k capacity last night that sums up how this cup is viewed

Then again many of us did go to the game... 35k woulda filled WHL.

Losing to those mugs in the fashion we did; why so hard to comprehend such dissapointment?

Yeh, theres the John Thomas's of this world but i resent being lazily cast with such types as some kind of collective attitude.

I think there have been loads of people slating this competition, I certainly have and their have been many likes and agrees to back that up.

Just take a look at the predicted squad selections people were going with (most of the one's I saw had academy players starting all over the shop), if that's not evidence of how this cup is viewed then I don't know what is. BTW Poch's squad selection was stronger than anyone expected on here. The 53,500 empty seats, despite them being more than half the price of the Bournemouth game, is about as reaffirming of how shit it is as it gets.

100%.

I say fcuk the Europa and stick with that. Just too many games and too msny variables but just my view but be consistent.

The League cup was an opportunity for a trophy but more than that it was another chance to show our progress as a club.

Beating or not losing to United will rectify that but that has become harder than it would have been at half 8 last night.

It is all about mentality and whatever we think of Pochettino he has not yet instilled that within the club, that whoever goes on that pitch and in that jersey representing THFC, nothing but your best will do.

Much will be taken by the result on Saturday because we and United have shown frailty.

Another big test and the type Mourinho rarely loses because he knows the significance.

I'm annoyed with how we lost, and who we lost to but not that disappointed to be out of the league cup.
Some people seem to be almost suggesting its like we threw a certain trophy away last night.
I don't agree with that, we'll see what the draw brings but its likely we would draw woolwich, chavs , city or utd all in a row. Cups are tricky to win, need some jam with the draw, usually need lots of luck (see woolwich / city) in the games and even without replays its a lot of additional fixtures for a busy winter schedule.
Plus as we proved yesterday one bad game and you're out.
On top of that we just came off the back of two Titan efforts against Real Madrid and Dippers... plus quite a different lineup, its little wonder we were a bit off really.

I think we just had a bad case of too comfortable. You know when you're too relaxed everything is easy, its very difficult to suddenly enter beast mode when your previously shit opponent raises their game.
Really at half time Pochettino should have been more prepared for what was to come, they always raise their game eventually against us.... It is known FFS!
West Ham basically played dead, and waited till we had the cigars out before creeping out of their graves to shank us to pieces. We should learn from this though, and make it count in bigger moments.

I understand the want for a trophy I have the same desire and hopes it can be a catalyst... but when we are this close to something 100x better (the league title), I would rather we focus on the bigger prize.
It is possible we may not get this close again, and I want us to put everything and some into it.
We are not an all conquering Utd in their prime who could compete on 3 fronts (yet).

I say fcuk the Europa and stick with that. Just too many games and too msny variables but just my view but be consistent.

The League cup was an opportunity for a trophy but more than that it was another chance to show our progress as a club.

We’re not in the Europa, but interesting nonetheless that you are doing exactly what you’re criticising other people for - happy to bin certain trophies off because you don’t like them.

And if you want to say ‘fuck’ say it. What’s with the ‘fcuk’ stuff?

There were a few that said that they could care less about this cup.
Maybe not going quite as far as "better off out of it" though.

And of course noone has said the surrender stuff before or even after the game.

I said in the Liverpool thread it would be ‘the icing on the cake for the reserves to beat West Ham but the utd game was much bigger’
Stand by that.
Do you think people are happy to lose?
Everyone wanted to win. I don’t want it to rain tomorrow and I don’t want my Mrs to leave me. If it rains tomorrow I’ll be alright about it, doesn’t mean I want it

I said in the Liverpool thread it would be ‘the icing on the cake for the reserves to beat West Ham but the utd game was much bigger’
Stand by that.
Do you think people are happy to lose?
Everyone wanted to win. I don’t want it to rain tomorrow and I don’t want my Mrs to leave me. If it rains tomorrow I’ll be alright about it, doesn’t mean I want it
What about the Mrs though?

Back
Top Bottom