The Mighty Cockerels versus Real Madrid @ Wembley 1St nov

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

2 bits in the 1st 10 mins made me think we are gonna be good today....

Winks gave the ball away, cheaply.. But then a few seconds later had the confidence to drive out past 2 players over the half way, he checked back while being tracked and then proceeded to drive forward again, and we managed to keep the ball well. His mistake had no affect, he was brimming with confidence.

Then on the edge of their box the ball was bouncing weirdly high and Eriksen went charging in like a nutter looked like he could get hurt, but he steamed in anyway throwing himself and won the ball.

Those two bits I was like yes these lads are on it, we are gonna do well here.

Holy shit. Lads, we just beat Real Madrid. Real fucking Madrid. Not only did we beat them, we dominated them. We were doing 'Oles' against REAL MADRID.

Unbelievable night. What I also loved is that at the end, there were back pats and high fives, but no wild celebrations. These players are the real deal.

Also love the nasty streak we have now. Anyone else think Dembele was brought on with instructions to go and wind up the likes of Ramos and ruffle a few feathers? Madrid were just starting to look dangerous, and the niggly fouls and stoppages really helped break that up.

Nights like this wouldn't be possible without one man... Sir Mauricio Pochettino. So hard to find enough words of praise. It's a controversial statement, but I honestly think even if he never wins anything, he's already a Spurs legend. The belief, passion, organization, style of play, everything he's brought has just been phenomenal, and even if he left tomorrow I would never forget how amazing his time here has been.

The world will see that result, see the highlights, see a packed, singing Wembley, and take note. Make no mistake... We are one of the big boys now.

COYFS

(Now watch us lose to Palace this weekend).
Yes its that nasty streak that is giving us the edge thanks Poch

Yiddos, what have we just witnessed? I'm not ashamed to admit there was almost tears in my eyes at times tonight watching that display, to think of all the shit seasons we've witnessed, all the defeats snatched from the jaws of victory, all the bad luck, years upon years of the goons and chelsea taking the piss out of us, well that tonight is our reward for years of dedication through the hard times...soak it up and enjoy...because we've fucking earned it!

The best way to rub it in to the gooners, who,secretly know they would never have made it out of this group, is to say nothing.
Just act as if it’s the norm. What’s the big deal.
I guarantee you they mention it first.

I have already had a call from one.

“ you beat Real Madrid 3-1”
“ yeah, I said. Bit pissed off though, it should have been 4-0 and we let in a sloppy goal.”
Two gooners at work have given up this season, they don't even check up on results.

83dd2ede-4384-4ad3-a043-3fdb2640b56f.png

The Spammer thread is edging to
100 what a contrast this one 300 pages this thread to go into orbit!

Back
Top Bottom