The Mighty Cockerels versus Real Madrid @ Wembley 1St nov

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

On another note, Real Madrid, the biggest club in the world, couldn't fill an away end. And looked like lots of English based Spaniards in their support too. Bournemouth made more noise. Shit support.

Really poor isn't it, not to fill out the away end. There must be at least 50,000 Spanish ex-pats living in London and the South East. At least. And a huge chunk of those will be supporting RM. I read an account of someone watching in a Fulham pub, loads of Spaniards supporting Real.

Shame that Athletico M are so shite right now.

Fuck me, what a game, the stadium was shaking, the noise was deafening and the performance was out of this world. I must admit I was shitting it when I saw the team sheet and saw that 3 of our paciest players were on the bench (Son, Rose and Aurier) but the boss man knows what he's doing with our squad.

I think pretty much all of our players were outstanding last night -

Lloris - had a few awkward shots to deal with and his kicking was accurate. Made the right calls every time when deciding to play it out or go long.

Davies - dealt with Ronaldo and Isco whenever they switched over to his side and he always looked to pass the ball out rather than smash it away only for Madrid to regain possession.

Trippier - 3 outstanding crosses from him, was probably his best performance for us last night.

Verts - genuine question, is he better than Toby now? I couldn't really argue against it.

Dier - our utility man (not talking about gas and elec) changes position so often to suit the team and again looked so comfortable when he moved to CB.

Sanchez - like others have said this guy looks like a veteran, so cool and calm on the ball and an absolute beast.

Winks - get him on the motherfucking plane. This guy was my MOTM, ran the show, protected the defence and always made himself available. As good as Trippier's cross was for the first goal, Wink's pass was better. This kid is special.

Sissoko - not his best game with the ball at his feet but he was everywhere, pressing near the front, shielding our right back then moving across and helping out our left back. Really impressed with his improvements and attitude this season. I'm glad he's with us.

Alli - had a lot of criticism this season but even when the game isn't going his way he finds a way to either get a goal or an assist. I think that's the type of player he may well develop into, one which won't dominate a game but one which will get that vital goal or assist (although it's too soon to say for certain).

Eriksen - in some games against better opposition some of our players have to sacrifice part of their game in order to help out the team. I think he is one of those players, he pressed so well and dropped back to make it difficult for Modric, Kroos and Isco to find those passes. His composure for his goal was excellent as well especially as he was under pressure from Modric.

Kane - didn't get a goal and I didn't give a fuck. Moved their CB's all over the place, made space, brought others into play and bullied whoever tried to get near him. Quality pass for the Eriksen goal as well.

What an amazing night, performance and result!

...I still feel 10ft tall!!!!

As Rick James might say.... Tottenham Hotspur are "one hell of a drug"!

Stellar performances accross the board.

With 2 of Europes best defenses seemingly on the wane (Athleti & Juve), our monstrous pool of defensive talent can take us deep into this competition.

Some of the composure on display inside our box last night was simply insane!

Hope Toby bounces back quickly.

COYS! :pochohshit:

p.s. Fucking love you, Poch!

p.p.s. That City game can't come quick enough!

....Lets keep making these feckless media assholes choke on their poisonous pens! Build up yer walls... Well continue to knock em the fuck down!

:tobyarm:

Last edited:
I genuinely believe that along with City and PSG, no one will want to draw us in the knockouts. We’ve shown what we’re capable of home and away.

I wouldn’t be surprised to see us reach at least the semi finals.

Just had a flashback to last night; during the warm up the Real players we’re practicing volleys - Ronaldo cracks one over the bar and some poor kid got it square on the nose.

Bet that stung this morning, he took it like a champ though. :dierno:

Last edited:
There were a few of them in the green man too. Never felt as much dislike for away fans. They absolutely “knew” they were going to win... only they didn’t.
:dembelelol:

This. Their entitlement is off the scale. I looked at all those Madrid kids sobbing at the end and just thought: welcome to the real world, where the football team you support may occasionally lose games you really want them to win.

Spoiled little shits.

:pochbye:

We had pictures of crying children in the RM section on TV.

:ledleylick:

Absolutely love a crying fan...

VF6HyrB.jpg

So if the group standings don't change (which they will), who can we draw? Right now I make it Basel, Bayern, Juve, Sevilla, Shakhtar Donestk, and Porto.

I'd be happy with any of the above, apart from Shakhtar purely because of the travel involved.

Back
Top Bottom