Leicester City v Tottenham Hotspur

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Just got in. At least the drive back was easy. My thoughts for what it’s worth i.e. fuck all. Consistent performance from us in our start which completely lacked intensity, focus and quality. Despite that we should have taken at least one of our chances in the first half. Sloppy finishing again costing us. Leicester goals were great for the neutrals but awful from us. We’re failing too often against sides who are clearly inferior to us, which is hugely frustrating.

But at least the second half showed our effort and commitment. Again, some of the finishing was shocking. Why we keep starting matches so poorly is beyond me. We have to find a way to put a string of victories together soon or the top 4 will be beyond us before we know it.

Great to see Lamela back. Him and Sonny give us more pace and directness. Eriksen’s class will come back. He’s knackered.

Support was decent although still too many moaners for my liking. Big improvement on Woolwich though.

Leicester are still a bunch of annoying, chavvy cunts... but their city has some decent grub.

COYS.

Someone behind me repeatedly shouting tonight "Poch doesn't have a clue.......he doesn't know how to win a game"

I can accept the odd outburst of frustration, but this was going on for 5 minutes until eventually even his mates realised he was going to get thumped by someone.

On pretty much every measure apart from the key one - goals - we were the better side tonight. This is a bad run of league form obviously, but when you looked at the fixture list objectively a month ago I'd probably expected a tough ride. During this same tricky period we have also beaten Madrid and Dortmund - results that everyone seems to have forgotten quickly.

At the start of the season we knew this was going to be a tricky year. No real home ground, and a system ill equipped for Wembleys pitch size meant that a title push was never going to be possible. Never the less, top 4 was a viable target and still very much is.

Toby is critical to our success, as much as Kane. We need him back. Sissoko clearly has dirt on Poch because the guy is a fucking liability. Lamela reminded us tonight why his craft is worth a hundred of Sissoko's head down runs.

Hold the faith, the bump is almost over.

Agree with both points. It was just casual for long time even when 2 down. It's only really the last half hour we started to look even half decent. Yes we had an easy chance to score but it's sissoko so I knew he would fuck it up. Alli should have done better but the worst misses were llorente and eriksen. I do think Alli and eriksen should be dropped for the next game and play lamela and son next to kane. Rose needs to sort out his attitude and sissoko just needs to be put down or fly tipped. Can accept bad results but cannot stand poor attitude or players that just don't even try. Sissoko to be fair tries but he is dog shit.
I thought from the whilst of the 2nd half we were on-it and looking good, just not in front of goal.

I thought Eriksen was Ok in the first half, I appreciate that I appear to be the only one saying that as he's getting a kicking everywhere I look. To be clear not great, not sensational and not the Eriksen we adore, but OK. I thought he and Dele were the only ones competing in the first half. His levels dropped a lot in the 2nd.

With Eriksen I think he is undroppable, we don't have anyone else that can come in and do what he does and I'm not talking about dropping him for performances, I genuinely think he still does enough even in his quite spells, but may be he will benefit from a rest, not only does he usually run further than everyone else he literally plays every game and is never injured. May be an experiment with dropping Kane in as number 10 and playing Llorente as a 9?? But probably best suited would be to play Lamela instead. Only question mark would be his fitness levels, at least we know that he can blitz a team for 15mins given today's cameo.

As for Dele, again I seem to be alone but I thought he to was OK today. Thought he ran his socks off, only one pressing in the first half, made loads of runs off the ball and used the ball well too, as usual he's always doubled up on nowadays. Like Eriksen, to be clear he's not in sparkling form from the heights of last year yet (but he also didn't come good until about this time of the season last year) but did OK.

Agree Sissoko was poor this evening as was Dier, mainly his passing which was awful.

On pretty much every measure apart from the key one - goals - we were the better side tonight. This is a bad run of league form obviously, but when you looked at the fixture list objectively a month ago I'd probably expected a tough ride. During this same tricky period we have also beaten Madrid and Dortmund - results that everyone seems to have forgotten quickly.

At the start of the season we knew this was going to be a tricky year. No real home ground, and a system ill equipped for Wembleys pitch size meant that a title push was never going to be possible. Never the less, top 4 was a viable target and still very much is.

Toby is critical to our success, as much as Kane. We need him back. Sissoko clearly has dirt on Poch because the guy is a fucking liability. Lamela reminded us tonight why his craft is worth a hundred of Sissoko's head down runs.

Hold the faith, the bump is almost over.
Agree. I think right now however our biggest miss is Wanyamma, more so than Alderwierled (appreciate that's a bit like saying do I miss the sight in my right eye or left) but because we've got Sanchez his miss isn't as great as last year. However, playing Dier in a back three, for which he has been very good past 5 games or so, leaves us with a massive whole in front of the CB's, also Wanyamma is better DM than Dier IMO. Winks and Dembele do not fill that hole.

Sissoko and Llorente misses were a complete joke. Both balls on a platter and simplest of finishes. Unbelievable misses that still hurt

Def need to put Eriksen on the bench this weekend. So many giveaways and hit up the highlight on Leicester's back breaking second goal. Needless giveaway and shows little effort to track back Mahrez who runs right by him (who goes on to score) I know he isn't a CM but he gave the ball away terribly. Gotta get back asap. Instead he just stands there. I'd start Lamela ahead of him on Saturday at Watford.

Lamela looked fucking beautiful in our shirt tonight. He is made for Spurs and we’ve missed his passion, poise and class.
No doubt. Lamela's return couldn't come at a better time. Def need to rotate Dele or Eriksen out in favor of the Argentine.

I can't fault the effort from the lads yesterday, they tried their best and didn't give up.
But isn't it telling that the one truly outstanding moment came from Lamela who is fresh as a daisy.
The rest of them as much as they tried were clearly jaded and lacking that spark that saw us beat plenty of bus park teams last season. We looked stale and predicable until Lamela came on.

Llorente general play is fine. Does his job. Just cant score and never looks likely. He missed the easiest of chances. The Dortmund one was harder to score but he should score but the one today just looks harder to miss. Eriksen chance too.
He's fucking shit.

Back
Top Bottom