Man City at Wembley - 14Apr - 19:45KO.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

He thinks you're an utter cunt ... and frankly we all agree ...

No Bangkok I don't and, I think like many others, I'm fed up with the vitriolic personal attacks on each other - this is a great forum but not all of it's great. As it happens, I agree with much of what you post, but that doesn't make you a great bloke any more than my disagreeing with JT makes him a cunt.

Anyway, in response to JTs question, as it happens I think he's talking bollocks.
  • I've never claimed wanting to earn success rather than buy it makes me morally superior; its just one of the lessons I've learnt from life. Buying things doesn't bring happiness. If that's what you want then fine, it's just not for me.
  • neither is setting ticket prices mainly a moral judgement, there is no 'right' about it as you seem to imply - as many others have said, it is a result of a commercial market operating; our prices aren't the same as Liverpool's. I didn't say I was happy with the ST prices, I'm not, but they're not correlated with winning the league as you seem to suggest
  • since I've not actually staked out the moral superiority you claim I have, the argument about selling players to the highest bidder engendering hypocrisy is wrong as well as weak.
Like I say, the fundamental difference is whether you want this club to buy success or earn it? And, apparently to your complete bewilderment, I'd rather try and earn it and fail, than buy it.

Yes I know. But I don't get the concept of preferring to see inferior players and wanting us to lose occassionally . Which is exactly what the poster I responded to said
This season Sanchez and Vertonghen have been superior to Alderweireld. Poch obviously has no plans for him. Shades of the Jaap Stam affair about this.

Really? So if a nasty villain mugged the nice old lady next door and robbed her life savings, then offered to buy your car you had for sale on the driveway, you would willingly sell to the cunt if you knew the source of his funds?
dis3.gif

No Bangkok I don't and, I think like many others, I'm fed up with the vitriolic personal attacks on each other - this is a great forum but not all of it's great. As it happens, I agree with much of what you post, but that doesn't make you a great bloke any more than my disagreeing with JT makes him a cunt.

Anyway, in response to JTs question, as it happens I think he's talking bollocks.
  • I've never claimed wanting to earn success rather than buy it makes me morally superior; its just one of the lessons I've learnt from life. Buying things doesn't bring happiness. If that's what you want then fine, it's just not for me.
  • neither is setting ticket prices mainly a moral judgement, there is no 'right' about it as you seem to imply - as many others have said, it is a result of a commercial market operating; our prices aren't the same as Liverpool's. I didn't say I was happy with the ST prices, I'm not, but they're not correlated with winning the league as you seem to suggest
  • since I've not actually staked out the moral superiority you claim I have, the argument about selling players to the highest bidder engendering hypocrisy is wrong as well as weak.
Like I say, the fundamental difference is whether you want this club to buy success or earn it? And, apparently to your complete bewilderment, I'd rather try and earn it and fail, than buy it.
Fair enough. I probably shouldn't have bitten like I did. You're clearly a real Spurs man. As Spurs as they come but our opinions are so far apart we'll never agree on some of these issues.

Massive, massive respect for your post above though mate
:pochbye:
You've at least shown great humility and passion in equal measure

Yes I know. But I don't get the concept of preferring to see inferior players and wanting us to lose occassionally . Which is exactly what the poster I responded to said

I didn't say either of those things JT.

Winning isn't everything mate, and coming second is not always being second best. I hope you get to appreciate that at some stage in your life - I dunno, maybe when you're watching a kid overcome a cold and finish second in a school sports race?

I didnt get it but I think it was funny? Because you have good point here and there and usually have good humor I think from a few post of yours I got to read in the past. I could be such a numb nut often times bc I don't read other posts much.

I didn't say either of those things JT.

Winning isn't everything mate, and coming second is not always being second best. I hope you get to appreciate that at some stage in your life - I dunno, maybe when you're watching a kid overcome a cold and finish second in a school sports race?
Maybe i misinterpreted what you meant.
Deleted it now

Maybe i misinterpreted what you meant.
Deleted it now

You didn't need to do that JT - I'm not trying to beat you down in an argument, we're just two Spurs fans with different views having a discussion, thats what the forum is for.

I think this issue of the club 'buying success', which you've addressed many times, is a really interesting debate. I honestly believe I'd stop supporting Spurs (and watching football) if we were taken over by a billionaire - but would I really? really? those City supporters yesterday haven't have they?

Sorry mate, that's absolute crap.
Highest points per game in top-six matches:
Man City - 2.4
Man United - 1.78
Tottenham - 1.30
Liverpool - 1.11

Most goals per game in top-six matches:
Man City - 2.70
Liverpool - 1.77
Tottenham - 1.50
Man United - 1.33

What this shows is City are miles ahead, that's all. City are about to smash the goals scored record and most points ever won, so please acknowledge that we were not only beaten by a better team but beaten by a team that is about to become the best the PL has ever seen.

We are right in the thick of it with Utd and Liverpool and our head to head with Liverpool is better having spanked them 4-1 and drew at their place. With Utd the points are shared but we totally outplayed them at Wembley, something they didn't do when we went to theirs. We've finished above Utd the past two season and we've finished above Liverpool 7 out of the past 8 seasons.

**Not a trace of Woolwich and Chelsea in that list as they are miles & miles behind it's not even worth working out their score.

I'll be clear that I don't think our record against top sides is exactly bad. But, I look at our fixtures in the PL this season that we've lost. Five of the six are against other 'top' teams, with maybe Leicester away the only unpredictable result. I think we've done well but it's clear to get better we need to pick up more points against top teams, in order to go from 4th to, say, 2nd. Flat track bullies might have been over-stating it but I think it's obvious where we need to improve - and yes, though I think Poch has worked wonders I do think he could sometimes show a bit more guile during matches, but I am confident he'll do that.

Not on the wind-up btw, genuinely I am open-minded and curious as to what other posters think. I was just very disappointed yesterday and in all honesty I did find our performance underwhelming - if City's forwards had their shooting boots on they could have won 5-1 or 6-1.

I'd rather come on here and be honest than shout and scream at our own players in the stadium as others were doing yesterday and contribute to a toxic atmosphere. When I'm in the stadium I will get behind the team and give them full support. Anyway we are all Spurs fans so let's enjoy the season going forward - starting with Woolwich's current reverse against Newcastle (who nearly scored again).

Hard to watch us lose, but at least we kept it competitive. Psychologically, it would be very damaging to get turned over without having a chance, so its good that it wasn't one sided.

The main thing is that the team still feel they could have won and i'm sure they do. We were woeful in the first 20-30 mins and that more or less wrote the game off.

Also can't wait to see Moura get into the action as well, he looked very tricky and put in a great tackle (can't remember who on - Sane) so has both elements to his game. It will be interesting to see where he fits in, he almost seems like for like with Son, although might play a bit deeper.

I'll be clear that I don't think our record against top sides is exactly bad. But, I look at our fixtures in the PL this season that we've lost. Five of the six are against other 'top' teams, with maybe Leicester away the only unpredictable result. I think we've done well but it's clear to get better we need to pick up more points against top teams, in order to go from 4th to, say, 2nd. Flat track bullies might have been over-stating it but I think it's obvious where we need to improve - and yes, though I think Poch has worked wonders I do think he could sometimes show a bit more guile during matches, but I am confident he'll do that.

Not on the wind-up btw, genuinely I am open-minded and curious as to what other posters think. I was just very disappointed yesterday and in all honesty I did find our performance underwhelming - if City's forwards had their shooting boots on they could have won 5-1 or 6-1.

I'd rather come on here and be honest than shout and scream at our own players in the stadium as others were doing yesterday and contribute to a toxic atmosphere. When I'm in the stadium I will get behind the team and give them full support. Anyway we are all Spurs fans so let's enjoy the season going forward - starting with Woolwich's current reverse against Newcastle (who nearly scored again).
I think the main point is with the exception of City, all other so called big 6 are dropping points against each other but of the other big six we are highly, highly competitive. The media always bang on about our away record against the top six but never talk about the other teams away record against the top 6 which is either on par with ours or worse!

We are going to lose games against the top 6, it's a toss-up, or roll of the dice on how the game will go. We've spanked Utd and Liverpool this season, yet they have been able to deservedly beat City. Flip the coin and City have spanked Liverpool 5-0!! The only real money bet would be on City winning IMO.

Sorry if my original post sounded like I was jumping on you, didn't mean it that way. You're a decent poster!

Sorry, but who the fuck are you to decide which of our match going fans are real THFC supporters or not. You don't know their individual circumstances. A good number will be lifelong ST holders who have put £1000's into the club coffers.
Im amazed so many of you agreed with this shit.
I am no one to decide anything but stating events. 80th minute and empty stadium decides.
That is what I exactly said few weeks ago, new stadium high ticket prices attracts wrong people.
It is a bit weird 50,000 match goers had individual circumstances last night had to leave with 10 mins plus to go!!!

I think the main point is with the exception of City, all other so called big 6 are dropping points against each other but of the other big six we are highly, highly competitive. The media always bang on about our away record against the top six but never talk about the other teams away record against the top 6 which is either on par with ours or worse!

We are going to lose games against the top 6, it's a toss-up, or roll of the dice on how the game will go. We've spanked Utd and Liverpool this season, yet they have been able to deservedly beat City. Flip the coin and City have spanked Liverpool 5-0!! The only real money bet would be on City winning IMO.

Sorry if my original post sounded like I was jumping on you, didn't mean it that way. You're a decent poster!

Not at all, my original post was too reactionary to be honest. Just a bit annoyed by the circumstances of our loss. I think City are obviously a really good team, but I do think they are beatable if you get at them. We gave them way too much respect in the 1st half.

Probably need to cleanse who you follow mate. I'm a heavy Twitter user and thankfully I miss 95% of any melting, more of it goes on here than Twitter for me. It took me a year, maybe longer to workout who to follow and more importantly who not to follow. I don't mind following someone with a different opinion to mine, in fact that's more than OK, but it's the absolute arseholes (many on here) who melt with no reason to, who have zero context or perspective to what they say. It's absolutely fine to be disappointed, it's absolutely fine to even be annoyed about something but most of what I witness are people into conspiracy theorists, who either make stuff up and believe what other have made up. People who said the stadium would never get built is the absolute classic, on what basis was this ever seen to have a shred of evidence supporting it? Answer none. There is also a common theme, those that held that belief are also the same people who the belief that Levy is killing the club. When you hold a preconceived agenda then they look to every thing to invent to support it. What a waste of space.

Anyway, best advice I can give is to spend time hitting the unfollow button, I've turned a timeline of misery into something that's diverse and thoughtful across all opinions. Only downside is it's become quite addictive and I spend far to much time that I should on it.

I think it's the term 'following' someone you don't necessarily know...
10 years ago, they called that stalking!

as I said, I'm not one for tactics, but it looked like Jan, Davy and Eric were playing in a straight line, to me!
You are right, I saw the same at different times. It was like 3 at the back when city had the ball but Dier in the middle when we had the ball.
I think this means we miss Toby. Not even on the bench, he can't be that bad of a footballer .

See all the cunts who've been struggling to find words since we last lost an EPL game are now out in force ... John Thomas ... Justin ... same old shite

and this is about as cuntish as it gets ....

"We've been reliable flat track bullies under Poch but something is missing against the top teams"

Since we last lost to City ... who remember are the EPL champions by a mile ....

Spurs 2 - 0 Utd
Dippers 2 - 2 Spurs
Spurs 1 - 0 Woolwich
Chelsea 1 - 3 Spurs

What an utter feckwit comment .... one defeat and the trolls all rear their ugly little heads ....

I'm not a troll and posted a number of times after last week's win, btw, and the one before that. I think we could do better against other top teams at times. You're entitled to disagree with my comment, which I now accept was OTT, but likewise I am entitled to get annoyed at what I saw as an underwhelming performance and ask a few questions. No need for personal abuse - I joined for Spurs chat and discussion - as Rutland Spur says above, no need to turn the forum into a snake pit, different views are allowed. Unless it's against rogue Spammers, Gooners etc. on here clearly searching for a wind up!

I am no one to decide anything but stating events. 80th minute and empty stadium decides.
That is what I exactly said few weeks ago, new stadium high ticket prices attracts wrong people.
It is a bit weird 50,000 match goers had individual circumstances last night had to leave with 10 mins plus to go!!!

We left with five mins to go, not long after Sissoko came on for Dele. It was game over at that stage. Is that alright with you?

Usually we stay until the end but not on this occasion.

People can seriously fuck off on here criticising fans who left early yesterday. Don't get me wrong, I'm ready to criticise when fans leave early when a game is in the balance (like those who left during the Juve game = disgrace) but the game last night was done and dusted after the 3rd goal and people had understandably had enough.

My Dad left on around 86 mins last night, he's been going to matches for over 55 years, so how dare some of you melting, fair-weather, johnny-come-lately fucks question his, mine, and many other loyal fans support. Think of the context and circumstances before you make such bollocks sweeping statements.

Back
Top Bottom