Other Team Transfers

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

You thought we were gonna be in Europa this coming season.

source.gif

We were 6th when I wrote that. Let's not kid ourselves. Chelsea going to shit helped us massivly.

And the full quote was: "I was wrong about Lamela. I didn't think he was good enough for Spurs because I don't think he's good enough for a top 4 team. I'm still right about this, but we're not a top 4 club anymore (absolutely no chance this season) so by default he has become good enough for us."

This remains absolutely true. Man City have raised the bar. Utd and Liverpool are raising it. If we don't raise it ourselves we face a season of competing with Chelsea or even Woolwich for fourth.

We need upgrades in areas or we risk sleepwalking back into the Europa. This is a very critical Summer.

We were 6th when I wrote that. Let's not kid ourselves. Chelsea going to shit helped us massivly.

And the full quote was: "I was wrong about Lamela. I didn't think he was good enough for Spurs because I don't think he's good enough for a top 4 team. I'm still right about this, but we're not a top 4 club anymore (absolutely no chance this season) so by default he has become good enough for us."

This remains absolutely true. Man City have raised the bar. Utd and Liverpool are raising it. If we don't raise it ourselves we face a season of competing with Chelsea or even Woolwich for fourth.

We need upgrades in areas or we risk sleepwalking back into the Europa. This is a very critical Summer.
Absolutely none of that quote is true. Chelsea going to shit afforded us one spot. So still top 4.

We finished 3rd. 3rd means we're a top 4 team.

Take your L and run along.

Fabinho is not that great, certainly not better than Dier or Wanyama. Keita is a fucking good player though but we have known he is going to Liverpoolfor some time.

Correct me if Im wrong but weren't some saying a mere 6 weeks ago that the reason Liverpool will finish above us and win the CL is because they spend more and pay higher wages.

Yet, once again, we finished above them....now, they have signed Fabinho, that nobody had in their wishlist, and that means we're fucked.

Correct me if Im wrong but weren't some saying a mere 6 weeks ago that the reason Liverpool will finish above us and win the CL is because they spend more and pay higher wages.

Yet, once again, we finished above them....now, they have signed Fabinho, that nobody had in their wishlist, and that means we're fucked.
Yep. Can’t remember one person suggesting he would come in and improve us. Lots of other names at similar price tag level but not this chap. Maybe I’m wrong, but I don’t recall him being touted. Anyway, if he was any good, we’d have let Liverpool scout him, then sign him from under their salty whiskers.

We wouldn't have recommended Fabinho because defensive midfield isn't a position we are necessarily weak in when everyone is fit and on form.

And he isn't a Dembele replacement. Which is what we need.

Fabinho is not that great, certainly not better than Dier or Wanyama. Keita is a fucking good player though but we have known he is going to Liverpoolfor some time.
Fabinho was great last season, but looked totally average in the handful of Monaco matches I caught this season. Keita and Fekir are great business though.

I just hope he keeps up his penchant for earning red cards. Seemingly his only real weak spot

Looks like Liverpool are giving their midfield an overhaul with some rough bastards who are likely to kick the shit out of teams. Something they've needed for quite a while. Considering they had nice guys Milner, Henderson and Chamberlain in midfield last year.

Back
Top Bottom