Players worth keeping an eye on playing for other clubs

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Neal Maupay from Brentford, young, prolific, international experience with France.

In other news, how underwhelming is Sessegnon when playing against proper player, some good runs but nothing worth the 40 mil they wanted.

Neal Maupay from Brentford, young, prolific, international experience with France.

In other news, how underwhelming is Sessegnon when playing against proper player, some good runs but nothing worth the 40 mil they wanted.
Looked well out of his experience level when we played him.

It will be interesting to see how he does against teams further down the table. That are more Fulham's "level".

Looked well out of his experience level when we played him.

It will be interesting to see how he does against teams further down the table. That are more Fulham's "level".
I'm willing to bet that he'll hardly be that impressive. His best attribute is ghosting behind the defender for the diagonal. that's not much

Would absolutely love to have Lascelles if/when Toby Leaves. Would not mind bringing in Shelvey as well as a center midfielder. Thauvin at Marseille is also a good choice on the right.

Lascelles I could get on board with , Shelvey imo has found his level at lower to mid table pl team I'd be hoping for more ambition in signing an established player.

Would absolutely love to have Lascelles if/when Toby Leaves. Would not mind bringing in Shelvey as well as a center midfielder. Thauvin at Marseille is also a good choice on the right.

Lascelles (or similar) would be a good shout on the HG front... I get nervous about the idea of needing to satisfy the HG quota with English creative players.... (Even if it might change in time, see England's current plight)

I'm willing to bet that he'll hardly be that impressive. His best attribute is ghosting behind the defender for the diagonal. that's not much

Might see a slight upturn once he and the collective aclimatise, but he didn't look like he was gonna trouble too many decent defenses on Sat.

Maybe in time he'll slip back more into a kind of WB role again.

...The idea of signing him as a AM in our system seemed a bit suss to me from the off.

Last edited:
Lascelles (or similar) would be a good shout on the HG front... I get nervous about the idea of needing to satisfy the HG quota with English creative players.... (Even if it might change in time, see England's current plight)

I make you right. A 3rd choice goalkeeper or a couple of backup fullbacks should do the trick.

Relying on HG creative players just leaves us looking a little ropey when it comes to options needed to carve teams open.

If only Dier was a HG player like he should be classified as. I can't believe he isn't because he grew up in Portugal. Crazy

I make you right. A 3rd choice goalkeeper or a couple of backup fullbacks should do the trick.

Relying on HG creative players just leaves us looking a little ropey when it comes to options needed to carve teams open.

If only Dier was a HG player like he should be classified as. I can't believe he isn't because he grew up in Portugal. Crazy

Davies situation pisses me off too.

But, yeh, Poch needs to decide who stays (Vorm or Gazzaniga) and get a young HG keeper in as #3; that's an easy fix.

Not sure FBs are necessarily the immediate answer. Already have Tripps & KWP for RB. Young English LB becomes like for like swap for Rose (HG for HG = no net benefit), but if he is to leave (PSG & Schalke rumours still floating) then NOT replacing him with a young HG only worsens the situation.... But yeh, generally, that end of the pitch.

EPL-proven HGs stand to attract MORE of a premium as the richer the smaller teams get richer.

The likes of Skip & Amos maintaining their trajectory could be huge in lightening the load of this issue for us in a few more years.

TBH, as long as we pledged to take the FACup 100% seriously, I'd be prepared to re-cast the LC as the kids cup for us if it meant taking up some of the slack of no Europa League (in terms of breaking kids into the senior squad)... I fear a few pre-season exhibition matches alone each year won't cut it.

But, yeh, Poch needs to decide who stays (Vorm or Gazzaniga) and get a young HG keeper in as #3; that's an easy fix.

Not sure FBs are necessarily the immediate answer. Already have Tripps & KWP for RB. Young English LB becomes like for like swap for Rose (HG for HG = no net benefit), but if he is to leave (PSG & Schalke rumours still floating) then NOT replacing him with a young HG only worsens the situation.... But yeh, generally, that end of the pitch.

EPL-proven HGs stand to attract MORE of a premium as the richer the smaller teams get richer.

The likes of Skip & Amos maintaining their trajectory could be huge in lightening the load of this issue for us in a few more years.

TBH, as long as we pledged to take the FACup 100% seriously, I'd be prepared to re-cast the LC as the kids cup for us if it meant taking up some of the slack of no Europa League (in terms of breaking kids into the senior squad)... I fear a few pre-season exhibition matches alone each year won't cut it.

Incredible that Skipp becomes so potentially important to us and is still only 17 years old. I'm not sure if Amos has it to make it with us I hope he does but Skipp on the other hand I think could prove to be a lovely little asset as part of a 25 man squad in years to come.

If Winks kicks on that will help, as would Carter-Vickers but I still think getting a couple more in, be it in the form of a WF, AM or if we get extremely lucky a forward to play backup to Kane would be excellent to see. I doubt very much that we will get one of those much needed attacking HGs without reducing the quality of our squad though

Rashford, Grealish & Sessegnon all have contracts expiring 2020. All stand to make a lot of dough with their next contracts be it at their current clubs or elsewhere domestically with all this HG stuff going on at the moment

Last edited:
Incredible that Skipp becomes so potentially important to us and is still only 17 years old. I'm not sure if Amos has it to make it with us I hope he does but Skipp on the other hand I think could prove to be a lovely little asset as part of a 25 man squad in years to come.

If Winks kicks on that will help, as would Carter-Vickers but I still think getting a couple more in, be it in the form of a WF, AM or if we get extremely lucky a forward to play backup to Kane would be excellent to see. I doubt very much that we will get one of those much needed attacking HGs without reducing the quality of our squad though

Thing is all these lads aren't considered to be full seniors yet (is Winks yet?) so don't impact the on the HG quota either way.... They're still in the process of becoming HG if you like... It's a short term problem; 2/3 years providing these lads push on so we'll likely have to solve it via the trf market if Poch can't find them legit game (i.e not genuinely ready to directly contribute to our on-pitch endevour).

Thing is all these lads aren't considered to be full seniors yet (is Winks yet?) so don't impact the on the HG quota either way.... They're still in the process of becoming HG if you like... It's a short term problem; 2/3 years providing these lads push on so we'll likely have to solve it via the trf market if Poch can't find them legit game (i.e not genuinely ready to directly contribute to our on-pitch endevour).

I think Winks qualifies as HG now whereas last year he didn't. If he comes through a midfield of Winks & Skipp would be so lovely to see. Proper Spurs midfield that & both are boyhood fans as well I believe

I think Winks qualifies as HG now whereas last year he didn't. If he comes through a midfield of Winks & Skipp would be so lovely to see. Proper Spurs midfield that & both are boyhood fans as well I believe

Which means sadly he doesn't stand to have any further positive impact on our HG quota either. Unfortunately.

Hows the French Dembélé that we were interested in a few years back that went to Celtic doing? I know he had a hot start at Celtic with a good first season but was his second year up to the same levels?

SausageVince SausageVince you have a bit more of a know about the SPL than most on here so maybe you can answer this. Would mini Dembélé be worth revisiting?

Back
Top Bottom