Heung-Min Son (손흥민)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

What about the past 4 years?

Well he was excellent in 15/16 and outperformed Son on a regular basis..

Son was garbage today and has been all season. I was amazed he wasn't hooked off at half time to be honest, even more shocked that Lucas was subbed off before him. I can only assume it was because Poch didn't want to make the guy cry again after the Wolves debacle.

Son was garbage today and has been all season. I was amazed he wasn't hooked off at half time to be honest, even more shocked that Lucas was subbed off before him. I can only assume it was because Poch didn't want to make the guy cry again after the Wolves debacle.

I always thought you could do a little better

Actually born in America but my family is from England. I guess you assume everything. lol
Ah. You’re American then. Explains the illogical bias equally well. Why would Poch not favour the in form player over the out of sorts one? Has fuck all to do with any Argentinian favouritism. It’s which players the manager feels are more likely to win us matches. & Lamela has been outstanding this season now he’s no longer hampered with injuries. And he was pretty impressive in between injuries. Son is & I think always will be, a streaky player. In form he’s irresistible, but he doesn’t have the consistency of a fully fit Lamela.

No shit that was Son's first year as a Spurs.

Lamela (Past 5 years)
9 apps 0 goals 1 assist 2013/2014
33 apps 2 goals 7 assist 2014/2015
34 apps 5 goals 9 Assist 2015/2016
9 apps 1 goal 1 assist 2016/2017 (injured)
25 apps 2 goals 4 assist 2017/2018

Son (Past 3 years)
28 apps 4 goals 1 assist 2015/2016
34 apps 14 goals 6 assist 2016/2017
37 apps 12 goals 6 assist 2017/2018

(Lamela did have one good year in Europa but Son had a great Year in UCL too)

I go by history and stats. He is a streaky player but when he scores, when he gets hot, you have to ride with the lad.

I forgot there were crazy Lamela fanboys here.

Ah. You’re American then. Explains the illogical bias equally well. Why would Poch not favour the in form player over the out of sorts one? Has fuck all to do with any Argentinian favouritism. It’s which players the manager feels are more likely to win us matches. & Lamela has been outstanding this season now he’s no longer hampered with injuries. And he was pretty impressive in between injuries. Son is & I think always will be, a streaky player. In form he’s irresistible, but he doesn’t have the consistency of a fully fit Lamela.

"Consistency of a Fully Fit Lamela"?!?!?!?

IDK where the consistency comes from.

No shit that was Son's first year as a Spurs.

Lamela (Past 5 years)
9 apps 0 goals 1 assist 2013/2014
33 apps 2 goals 7 assist 2014/2015
34 apps 5 goals 9 Assist 2015/2016
9 apps 1 goal 1 assist 2016/2017 (injured)
25 apps 2 goals 4 assist 2017/2018

Son (Past 3 years)
28 apps 4 goals 1 assist 2015/2016
34 apps 14 goals 6 assist 2016/2017
37 apps 12 goals 6 assist 2017/2018

(Lamela did have one good year in Europa but Son had a great Year in UCL too)

I go by history and stats. He is a streaky player but when he scores, when he gets hot, you have to ride with the lad.

I forgot there were crazy Lamela fanboys here.

And how about this season?

Son Heung-Min
14 games played
2 goals
2 assists
749 minutes played

Erik Lamela
11 games played
6 goals
3 assists
669 minutes played.

I know who I'd rather play.

But yeah, Argentine bias.

:pocheyes:

Yea I do. He was plagued with injury and didn't perform well when he came on.
Last season he had 2 goals in 25 apps. You SURE YOU watch Spurs?!?

I'm starting to wonder.
Hence the comment “a fully fit Lamela” alongside “consistency”
He was plagued with injury. Now he isn’t. When he isn’t he is a consistent player. Way more so than the streaky form of Son. Don’t get me wrong. I love Sonny - read my comments in this thread. But when he’s not in a run of hot form, Lamela is the better option. Poch would seem to agree too, & again, it has nothing at all to do with him cosying up to his fellow countryman. There’s no room for that in top level club football.
Foyth is an argie too. He’s barely seen first team football. So I think we can knock the “Argentinian bias” argument on the head. If nothing else, it’s disrespectful to our manager.

Hence the comment “a fully fit Lamela” alongside “consistency”
He was plagued with injury. Now he isn’t. When he isn’t he is a consistent player. Way more so than the streaky form of Son. Don’t get me wrong. I love Sonny - read my comments in this thread. But when he’s not in a run of hot form, Lamela is the better option. Poch would seem to agree too, & again, it has nothing at all to do with him cosying up to his fellow countryman. There’s no room for that in top level club football.
Foyth is an argie too. He’s barely seen first team football. So I think we can knock the “Argentinian bias” argument on the head. If nothing else, it’s disrespectful to our manager.

You know what I'm gonna stop arguing with a Lamela lover.
I remember when Erik Lamela fans hated on Son because he would start over him and they got mad dick hurt.
But now that he is back in the line up all these quiet fanboys coming out like they had an erection.

I remember when Erik Lamela fans hated on Son because he would start over him and they got mad dick hurt.
But now that he is back in the line up all these quiet fanboys coming out like they had an erection.
Again, I’m making no secret that I think Lamela is a great player. At no point have I dissed Son or any of his fans either. I think he’s a great player too. The bit I call you put on is that Poch is somehow favouring a fellow Argentinian over a South Korean. It’s bullshit and you ought to know better.

This is where you’re seeing it wrong mate, the people defending Lamela aren’t fans of him, they’re fans of Tottenham. Don’t be a fanboy

You're showing yourself up here. I think it's time to log off for the night.

Not a single person on here is arguing with you on who's a better footballer. Stop looking for an argument that's not going to happen. Lamela is on form. Son is not. It's that simple.

So take your 'Argentina favouritism' and fuck off if that's how you're going to play it. if not, then support the fucking the team and trust who the coach picks in certain games.

And how about this season?

Son Heung-Min
14 games played
2 goals
2 assists
749 minutes played

Erik Lamela
11 games played
6 goals
3 assists
669 minutes played.

I know who I'd rather play.

But yeah, Argentine bias.

:pocheyes:

Well if you read my posts.
He scored 2 goals and was benched the next game.
He came on for Dembele and played well but was subbed before the game even finished. (He played well )
What player would be happy with that treatment?
For what I know Son was always smiling and giving us pace and energy but the treatment i see him get out in the field is questionable.

He is the one that gets subbed all the time.

You're showing yourself up here. I think it's time to log off for the night.

Not a single person on here is arguing with you on who's a better footballer. Stop looking for an argument that's not going to happen. Lamela is on form. Son is not. It's that simple.

So take your 'Argentina favouritism' and fuck off if that's how you're going to play it. if not, then support the fucking the team and trust who the coach picks in certain games.

Ahh hahaha got anal. Guess i got into your head.

Back
Top Bottom