January 2019 transfer thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I think Poch is stubborn in that even if someone came along who was available and better than Winks, he'd prefer to just develop Winks..

What we need to hope for is that Dembele and Wanyamas replacements hit the ground running and provide that competition for him as that'll breed faster improvement across all midfielders.

We don't need to replace Winks. We need to replace Dembele and Wanyama.

The mugging off of Winksy after heroic efforts this Xmas after his near career ending injury not long ago is fucking disgusting and anyone who has been on his case needs to take a long hard look at themselves.

I'm going to post this for a 15th time on the forum. Because divs like you just say things irrespective of the truth...

''Except, of course, it was near on mathematically impossible for us to catch Leicester from the end of January that year.

Leicester's League record from February 1st...

15 games played
10 Wins
4 Draws
1 Loss

That's a total of 11 dropped points from the end of the January transfer window. We finished 11 points behind Leicester. That means we would have needed to win EVERY game just to have a shot at a goal difference win.

There was no amount of investment in January that would have changed anything that season. We could have signed Lionel Messi himself and we wouldn't have won every game from February 1st.''

You chat shit.
Oh my god you twat...they didn't know in January that Leicester were going to get all those points. They just didn't bother investing in what was a real chance at that point to win the title...if u don't want to win of are just happy to always back the owners then fine..but this club should not be pissing around on a shoestring budget like levy wants it too...after he's taken his highest chairman's salary in the entire league of course. So he is not paying himself on a shoestring just running the club like it

Oh my god you twat...they didn't know in January that Leicester were going to get all those points. They just didn't bother investing in what was a real chance at that point to win the title...if u don't want to win of are just happy to always back the owners then fine..but this club should not be pissing around on a shoestring budget like levy wants it too...after he's taken his highest chairman's salary in the entire league of course. So he is not paying himself on a shoestring just running the club like it
Do you think he decides his own salary?

Do you think he decides his own salary?
Not sure that's really the point though Johnny.
If the club's structure somehow facilitates it paying the highest salaries in England at boardroom level, while simultaniously imposing a a tight hand of austerity on the pitch, then something's rotten at the core.

Personally, as a football fan, I'd be happier seeing his bonus related trophies and titles rather than profits and coin. We'd have probably won something by now.

Happy new year.

Last edited:
Not sure that's really the point though Johnny.
If the club's structure somehow facilitates it paying the highest salaries in England at boardroom level, while imposing a a tight hand of austerity on the pitch, then something's rotten at the core.

Personally, as a football fan, I'd be happier seeing his bonus related trophies and titles rather than profits and coin. We'd have probably won something by now.

Happy new year.

He deserves his bonus for tying Poch down to a 5 year £8m per season contract.
If he hadn't what sort of hand would we have now?

We don't need to replace Winks. We need to replace Dembele and Wanyama.

The mugging off of Winksy after heroic efforts this Xmas after his near career ending injury not long ago is fucking disgusting and anyone who has been on his case needs to take a long hard look at themselves.
Anyone pissing on any of our players for that matter.

We lost against Wolves because we ran out of juice and they did not. Plain and simple. Football is played between two teams but when we lose it is almost always because of ourselves to some fans. Completely factoring out our opponents.

Already have written off Rabiot and DeJong in my mind, not that I'd want any part of Rabiot's drama anyways...
Almost exactly how I feel - though we're in such a dire need for a CM that Rabiot starts to look better than he should.
:llorishuh:

Wait, hold that thought...

Fuck him. He doesn't deserve 140k a week.

We're below Rabiot? Rabiot?

giphy.gif

Last edited:
By the way, I think we missed Hercules' latest nugget of shite wisdom.

‘May’ do at least one deal with loan back from championship. Possibility of 2. Just sharing. Truth in Norwegian kid from Genk. Nothing certain though

Truly revelatory. At least his grasp of English seems to have improved by 10% since his utter shambolic embarrassment in the summer.

Back
Top Bottom