The FA Cup 2018/19

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I always imagine him breaking out the Worthers Originals at half time, and telling the players some meandering anecdote that begins with ‘during the war...’
Woy is legitimately a saint for football up here.

I'm not even making that up.

Will always have a soft spot for English Roy even tho it is obvious that the times have majorly passed him by at times.

Palace are away at Southampton a few days after they play us in the cup so I'd be amazed if they went full strength especially as they may be only 3 points from safety going into that one.

Here was the team they played at the weekend:

Nazi
Ward - Kelly - Dann - Souare
Meyer - Riedweld - Schlupp
Townsend - Sorloth - Zaha
Pretty shitty.

Is that not their full strength line up?
:roseunsure:

Exactly. Like he doesn’t know where he is and knows nothing about football

Random player: “Gaffer...we’re getting destroyed down the left. How should we set up for the second half?”

Woy: “Have you seen the price of milk these days? Madness. Bumped into Tony the other day in the post office and he said Mrs Smithers passed away. One less Christmas card to write. Speaking of Christmas, my hip’s been playing up over winter. Spoke to the doctor...he’s a nice young man...his daughter just graduated with a degree in economics...Katie?...Cathie? She’s been seeing some Italian fella that she met when...”

Random Player: “Erm...the 2nd half kicks off in 30 seconds.”

He is genuinely a very good mid-table Premier League manager. I don't know if that means anything but yeah. I remember when he took over at Palace, they played well in one game but lost and were still going to be relegated on form. In his post match interview he just basically said life is unfair, deal with it. On the training ground as well has a very good rapport, a bit like Sir Bobby at Newcastle. Safe to say England and Liverpool weren't the right fit, but you don't get Fulham to a Europa League final by accident.

He is genuinely a very good mid-table Premier League manager. I don't know if that means anything but yeah. I remember when he took over at Palace, they played well in one game but lost and were still going to be relegated on form. In his post match interview he just basically said life is unfair, deal with it. On the training ground as well has a very good rapport, a bit like Sir Bobby at Newcastle. Safe to say England and Liverpool weren't the right fit, but you don't get Fulham to a Europa League final by accident.
I really can't think of a better manager for lower to mid range PL teams. Like you said, anyone that can get Fools to a Europe final (and we're not talking Anglo-Italian either here), overhauling a 3 goal deficit against Juventus (!!!), the guy's a feckin magician given the right circumstances.

Very glad he's at Palace, and not, say, Wet Spam.

Woy is legitimately a saint for football up here.

I'm not even making that up.

Will always have a soft spot for English Roy even tho it is obvious that the times have majorly passed him by at times.
Didn't play up to the Liverpool rhectoric and got ran out of the club due to it

All he had to do was follow the the script
'Liverpool are the greatest club in world football '
'It's a true honour and a privilege to be given the chance to manage this most important club in the world '
'Everyone knows this club has the best supporters in the world'

Brendan on the other hand couldn't swallow enough scouse cock

Respect Roy for that much

Back
Top Bottom