klinsmann

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

“I think Tottenham’s identification with their fans and the Tottenham district is incredibly deep,” explained Klinsmann. “People live in Tottenham around White Hart Lane – and in 130 years, a Spurs fan base has evolved all over the world. No matter where I travel today, I meet Tottenham fans everywhere.”

Then asked what sets Spurs apart from other London clubs, the Manchester teams and Liverpool, he said: “What distinguishes the club is its proximity to the people. It’s a hands-on club, and you will be just part of this family culture. And Tottenham’s footballing style was always more entertaining than that of the other clubs in London. In addition, the support of the fans is unique, because always the whole stadium sings and gives the team energy".

“Similar to Dortmund, Tottenham fans will feel when a game tilts and have tremendous footballing expertise. They want to see technically good and fast football, and they love players who can decide things by themselves. Like Harry Kane or Dele Alli now.”

“I think Tottenham’s identification with their fans and the Tottenham district is incredibly deep,” explained Klinsmann. “People live in Tottenham around White Hart Lane – and in 130 years, a Spurs fan base has evolved all over the world. No matter where I travel today, I meet Tottenham fans everywhere.”

Then asked what sets Spurs apart from other London clubs, the Manchester teams and Liverpool, he said: “What distinguishes the club is its proximity to the people. It’s a hands-on club, and you will be just part of this family culture. And Tottenham’s footballing style was always more entertaining than that of the other clubs in London. In addition, the support of the fans is unique, because always the whole stadium sings and gives the team energy".

“Similar to Dortmund, Tottenham fans will feel when a game tilts and have tremendous footballing expertise. They want to see technically good and fast football, and they love players who can decide things by themselves. Like Harry Kane or Dele Alli now.”
Nice words, but still can't quite forgive him for leaving us the way he did.

I thought Jurgen was a much needed shot in the arm at the time and lifted the whole club. Can't see what he has to gain by pretending with those words? I think he has a genuine love of the club unlike the repulsive chairman we had at that time....

So people dislike him because he left the club, he came back or have people forgot!!! Are we applying the same logic to luka modric (I'll throw my toys out of the pram) or berbatov (I'll throw my toys out of the pram) or Gareth bale (I'll throw my toys out of the pram) or the many other players who have left spurs in their prime but still adored by many fans. I think he is older and wiser now and has reflected upon his time at the club and has genuine affection, he has no other reason to say it unless he thinks he will be Poch's replacement :)

Back
Top Bottom