Tottenham Vs Newcastle - 12.30pm - 2nd Feb

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

The " Harry Kane " team is currently second.

:kanehand:
But Sophie Rose told us that we were fucked because we had 'no stadium' and said it would all fall down in a clumsy Jenga metaphor...

Are you telling me we can't trust big-titted no-talent internet THOTs anymore?

alexjones1.gif

Having criticised him before, I think Sanchez was outstanding.

Handled Rondon well, no mistakes and won a lot of headers
There was a one on one early where Rondon tried to muscle him and Sanchez got the better of the exchange. Looked in control from that point on.

I need some more guidance. Do we want city & Woolwich to draw so It's just a point each. Or Woolwich to win so it improves our title chances. Or city to win to make top 4 more secure.
City winning doesn't bother me. They'd only be in second and we'd not be further off top. Liverpool winning or Woolwich winning makes things potentially less ideal so I'd like both to lose

Correction , we are second looking at first with 3rd very hot on our heels. C'mon man have some belief! On paper and on the pitch our squad deserves to be where it is. I do get what you are saying, Poch and Levy have done a fantastic job with the finances available, but please don't downplay the quality of our players.

I am not they are brilliant but on paper the likes of City etc are stronger, the management and belief has been the X factor that has enabled us to go the extra mile IMO. If we had the strongest or even 2nd strongest under Poch I believe we would win the title most seasons, that’s how much I rate our manager, for me he is the best.

The third bit was I’d actually forgotten we had moved up the table.

People don’t understand the concept of rivalries anymore. I have a friend who supports United, told me that he’d rather see City or Liverpool win the league than Spurs.
That's so bizarre.

I can at least attest that the United fans I know want Spurs 100% to win the title over Liverpool or City. And even if it has to be between those two, gun to their head they'd prefer City to win because, like us, they really hate Liverpool more and know they'd never hear the end of it.

Agreed. Only mistake I noticed was the one near the end where he lost the ball and Newcastle had a chance with it. Otherwise, he's tidy. Keeps the ball well. Would love it if he could add a few more defence-unlocking passes to his game.
Which point are you disagreeing with TottsAmazeballs TottsAmazeballs ?
The bit about him being tidy and keeping the ball well (which he does), or the bit about him needing to create more with his passing (which he can improve on)?

People don’t understand the concept of rivalries anymore. I have a friend who supports United, told me that he’d rather see City or Liverpool win the league than Spurs.

Is your friend from California, if so he won’t have grown up with the rivalry thing and is probably more just wanting to piss you off.

Get the fuck in :tobyarm:

How which result we should hope for in City - Woolwich is even up for debate is well beyond me. This place has been absolutely filled to the rafters over the past couple of weeks with people screaming that we should be going for trophies, and winning them.

Now people, some of them the very same, doesn't want our rivals to win to help us out! Is the hatred for them really bigger than our love for ourselves, no matter how much of an outside chance of the PL it still is? Or is there still such an inferiority complex in some quarters that there's a fear that they'll gain 7 points on us? With the most laughable of defences...fuck that and fuck them. They can win tomorrow and get nowhere near us.

A City loss will not just keep us second, but actually be a bigger pressure position for the Dippers than a City win imo. That would be a second - almost match ball - for them in less than a week, as let's face it even with a City loss they'll still be the primary challengers to Pool in the media. Should the dippers fall short again, we could really see nerves set in and the wheels coming off :pochsmirk:

Back
Top Bottom