Media Bias

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

It's like we're not even in the room!
Kevin De Bruyne: Pressure on Liverpool and Man City in title race

I wouldn't mind, but there isn't even an acknowledgement of our existence... it's not like - as it stands - we're the meaty filling between the Liverpool/Man City slices of bread...

I get that should they win today, then we'll go back to our 'rightful' place of 'not being in a 2 horse race...' but as it stands, there are most definitely 3 horses in there... or is that only when 'they' decided we 'finished 3rd in a 2 horse race' that they will acknowledge our existence?

Anyway, enough about the 'Gee-Gees... i'm sounding like 'Arry used to! :harrysmile:
...talking of which, his son just can't help himself can he...?
Jamie Redknapp: What if Tottenham pushed harder in transfer market?

...and yet when Geoff Shreeves 'accused' his Dad of being a wheeler dealer a few years back, Harry went ballistic and denied it... yet his son seems to positively see no way other than buying players to gain success.

weird family!

Just seen this:
Tottenham making 'significant statement' in title race, say Sunday Supplement panel

awww.... I take it all back, we're the media darlings again... kind of!

Last edited:
The Sunday Express seems to be unaware of Spurs' existence too:

Premier League table: Latest EPL standings – Man Utd OVERTAKE Woolwich, closing on Man City

Pochettino and co need to do their stuff on the training ground and honestly leave every team talk to the dismissive media claptrap.

We know we are the outsiders but there is being the outsider of 3 teams and being outside of any discussion.

That should serve as all the necessary incentive

Betfair advert on the radio - "Will spurs consolidate 3rd place and can Liverpool overcome their injury woes?"

Injury fucking woes? What, we've played all season with a full squad, i suppose and despite being nearer to top than 5th place, we're only looking to 'consolidate' 3rd.

DyqF_iQXQAAJ9j5

Something missing.......?

Pochettino and co need to do their stuff on the training ground and honestly leave every team talk to the dismissive media claptrap.

We know we are the outsiders but there is being the outsider of 3 teams and being outside of any discussion.

That should serve as all the necessary incentive

DyqF_iQXQAAJ9j5

Klopp?? ..otherwise it's just the 3 title contenders!!
To be fair... NOW someone (Pep) has acknowledged we ARE in the race... the article has made sure Man Utd and Chelsea are mentioned too...

So we've gone from a 2 horse race that we weren't in... straight to a 5 horse race, which unavoidably HAS to involve us!

Klopp?? ..otherwise it's just the 3 title contenders!!
To be fair... NOW someone (Pep) has acknowledged we ARE in the race... the article has made sure Man Utd and Chelsea are mentioned too...

So we've gone from a 2 horse race that we weren't in... straight to a 5 horse race, which unavoidably HAS to involve us!
I'm more than happy for us to sit under the radar for as long as possible. The eternal pessimism banged into me over years of support says that we'll limp over the line to 5th, but my god Spurs don't half make you dream.

To the media. And every plastic cunt that champions cheating in the form of City and Chelsea etc. Let me say this.....

My football club means a lot more to me than your stories do, perhaps it means more to me than it should, but I will die happy knowing that I never looked in a mirror and celebrated cheating, lying or despicable behaviour. I spent my time, when young and older, turning up and caring. I was there when Gazza was magnificent and I was there when Freund could not score. All through that I learned one important lesson.

We are Tottenham.

And we don’t need your bollocks.

Your lies.

Your clearly influenced opinions.

We walk the streets of North London, we drink in the pubs, we don’t have everything, but we don’t shit on people, hurt people or pretend. We are Tottenham Hotspur.

We are the club that includes.

We are the club that believes in moments of glory, not seasons of attrition.

We don’t need someone born thousands of miles away to kiss our badge. Jimmy Greaves did that and he was better than Messi hopes he will be. We had Perryman. A giant. A real man. Not Terry, not Gerrard, Viera or Petit. Perryman fuckers. Do you realise what that man means ? Do you know what Mabbutt means ?

When I die, my last day I will ( hopefully ) look in the mirror and know what I stand for and what Tottenham Hotspur meant to me.

For every Madness playing Chelsea fan and every Blue Moon bathing cunt, I have a Glory Glory to shove up your fucking pipe. We did it first. We did it best and we did it our way.

We are everything as we came from nothing, we don’t come from Dirty Russian money. We don’t come from Middle East rhetoric or even USA, USA. We come from school boys. Standing under a lamp post hoping for something better to do tomorrow. That’s our DNA.

Fuck Sky. Fuck BBC, fuck em all. United, West Ham, Liverpool. Because we are the Tottenham.......

We don’t target the colour of skin. We don’t pick on race, belief or sexist mantra. We are the club of Ginola, Gazza, Lineker, Perryman, Hoddle, blanchflower and Greaves.

Nothing else matters. Tottenham till I die.

Dear sir,
I fucking love you! Best post I've seen for a long long time. I doff my cap to you

Betfair advert on the radio - "Will spurs consolidate 3rd place and can Liverpool overcome their injury woes?"

Injury fucking woes? What, we've played all season with a full squad, i suppose and despite being nearer to top than 5th place, we're only looking to 'consolidate' 3rd.
Part of me is happy for us to be dismissed by the media and for us to fly under the radar, the other part thinks they are so disrespectful of our achievements.

DyqF_iQXQAAJ9j5

Something missing.......?[/QUOTE

What doesn't make sense in that article is that the Beeb state that Chelski are 12 points adrift, Yanited are 14 off the top... and then they quote Pep, who says "There are 39 points to play and it is not too much if you are nine or 10 behind,"

So how do they justify the whole premise of the article?

DyqF_iQXQAAJ9j5

Just went onto the Tottenham page of the BBC Sports website and the lead article has pictures or Solskjaer and Ince, with the latter saying he could have done an equal job he if’d been appointed. Do they think its Spurs related news because Man Utd may or may not wish to take our manager??? Wankers.

Fair play to old Jim Whyte on talkshite, not only said Spurs 100% are in the title, but listed several reasons why it would be a greater achievement than Leicester’s title win in 2016 if they could pull it off...

BBC are reporting "Mauricio Pochettino should be Man Utd manager if Solskjaer is not appointed - Wayne Rooney", a week after Paul "I could do a better job" Ince said the same thing on their main Football News page. Pretty sure they've had a former Utd player come out every week with similar quotes. Their self-entitled, patronising bullishness is irking me.
Where's the "Pochettino should complete his project and become an all-time Spurs legend rather than join a soulless, egotistical conglomerate says Steffen Freund"

Back
Top Bottom