Media Bias

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

BBC are reporting "Mauricio Pochettino should be Man Utd manager if Solskjaer is not appointed - Wayne Rooney", a week after Paul "I could do a better job" Ince said the same thing on their main Football News page. Pretty sure they've had a former Utd player come out every week with similar quotes. Their self-entitled, patronising bullishness is irking me.
Where's the "Pochettino should complete his project and become an all-time Spurs legend rather than join a soulless, egotistical conglomerate says Steffen Freund"

Paul Ince is an idiot for saying what he said. Completely unjustified horseshit he's spouting that insults Solskjaer and the teams Kan U have faced.

I don't care what anyone says, in the 10 games he's been there he's done more than anyone would have expected. Ince is a joke

I think this thread is a bit stupid to be honest. Its not media bias. Its the fact that the others are better supported and have won more trophies than us recently.

We havnt won a league title for almost 60 years and only 2 in our history. So until we become winners, the other clubs will always get more attention. Thats not bias, thats just history.

I think this thread is a bit stupid to be honest. Its not media bias. Its the fact that the others are better supported and have won more trophies than us recently.

We havnt won a league title for almost 60 years and only 2 in our history. So until we become winners, the other clubs will always get more attention. Thats not bias, thats just history.
You’re right, that’s not bias.

But everything else in this thread is. :dembele:

History ??

26 major honours and one of the top 10 clubs in Europe, I am not sure what your point is when those historic facts are presented. What constitutes modern history or not is debatable.

Mate I work in one of those media outlets and I can 100% assure you that some of the editorial decisions made with individual bias. Sometimes there enough of these individuals so decisions are made by committee. The knock on is interviews/ reports/ graphics etc are set up and framed with this ‘unconcious’ bias by the rest of the production group. Every now and again someone not regularly involved will call that into question and slight (temporary) alterations are made with a reluctant shrug.

There’s never any in depth historical analysis that’s involved other than something like ‘oh Spurs always bottle it’

Mate I work in one of those media outlets and I can 100% assure you that some of the editorial decisions made with individual bias. Sometimes there enough of these individuals so decisions are made by committee. The knock on is interviews/ reports/ graphics etc are set up and framed with this ‘unconcious’ bias by the rest of the production group. Every now and again someone not regularly involved will call that into question and slight (temporary) alterations are made with a reluctant shrug.

There’s never any in depth historical analysis that’s involved other than something like ‘oh Spurs always bottle it’
I'm guessing you don't work on the final edit

fact is we have 2 titles. Liverpool have 18. So of course they are going to be taken more seriously.

They’ve won the same in the last ten years. A fucking league cup. They shouldn’t be taken more seriously than us. That’s the bias.

It’s nailed on that they are going to win the league according to many pundits, whereas we aren’t even in the race. That’s bias.

Our manager is going to United and need to leave to realise his dream of winning trophies. No unsettling around Klopp, though. That’s bias.

They’ve won the same in the last ten years. A fucking league cup. They shouldn’t be taken more seriously than us. That’s the bias.

It’s nailed on that they are going to win the league according to many pundits, whereas we aren’t even in the race. That’s bias.

Our manager is going to United and need to leave to realise his dream of winning trophies. No unsettling around Klopp, though. That’s bias.
Maybe its because no one would want that fucking vile tombstone toothed gurning prick??

DyqF_iQXQAAJ9j5

Something missing.......?

It’s pretty obvious why they used that picture, they are highlighting how Pep is pretending that unfancied United and Chelsea are in the title race. Pointless showing Klopp or Poch because the table already tells us they are in the race.

THEN SABOTAGE THE FUCKING AUTOCUE!
...put whatever pro-Spurs stuff in there you need to!
Do you think they read it prior to going live on air??

I'm visualising that scene in Anchorman!!
Takes a lot more than that to intervene trust I enough run ins with producers for stuff that’s beyond my remit.

fact is we have 2 titles. Liverpool have 18. So of course they are going to be taken more seriously.
Yeah, but Kenny Dalgleish and Greame Souness are just as likely to help them win this title, than Danny Blanchflower or Dave MacKay are for us...

2 titles, 18 titles... by that reckoning, Huddersfield, Newcastle, Wolves and Everton have more chance than us of winning the title this season, 'cos they've all equalled, or won it more than our 'measly' twice in the past!

I get that the likelihood of Liverpool winning it over us is more likely, simply 'cos at this stage they have more points than us... but if that's the only criteria, we may as well all go home in January...
it should be based on a feeling... Leicester (unfortunately) had that feeling and momentum from about February/March onwards... and nothing to do with what they'd done over the course of History... 'cos history just tells you what did happen, not what could!

...but the credentials of Liverpool or us winning it more, based on history, is like saying all sandwiches are lethal, just 'cos Mama Cass choked on one once!

Back
Top Bottom