Players worth keeping an eye on playing for other clubs

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Some good young CB's on the pitch in the Leipzig/Dortmund game tonight. Konate (19) looked very good, Upemecano (20 - Great name) good too, and Abdou Diallo (22) left footed CB looks very good too, having a good season.

I love RB Leizpig's transfer policy and the bollocks they have to play them too.

Smart coaching and continuation of their policy will see them win the Bundesliga within the next 5 years in my opinion, as much as some people would hate it.

Average age of their squad must be about 23 years old.

Kamara moves to the prison in London

exp24.jpg

Frankfurt's attacking trio of Haller, Jovic and Rebic are worth keeping an eye on. 29 goals in total this season between the 3 of them

I’ve mentioned him elsewhere (maybe in here previously), but a player I really like is Maxime Lopez, 21 CM at Marseille. Got a bit of everything, he’s busy, hard working, tenacious, excellent technique, great on the ball, metronomic. And I don’t think he’d cost a fortune either

I live in Lille, so I've watched Nicolas Pépé play plenty of times. Had a bit of a slow start last year, came alive towards the end and helped Lille secure Ligue 1 football for the current season, and they are flying at the moment. He is the complete package, and if we can secure him in the summer, it's going to be a MASSIVE step towards our ambitions.

We should keep an eye on Yari Verschaeren from Anderlecht. Only 17 but what a gem!

He is the next big offensive talent coming through from Belgium.

Another gem is Zinho Vanheusden, central defender.

Young kid from Marseille- Boubacar Kamara - 19yo started tonight’s game as a CB, then pushed up as a CM second half when Strootman got injured. Haven’t seen much of him, but worth keeping an eye on. Technically good, not sure how good at reading etc as this was a pretty one sided game.

I’ve been banging on about Pepe (Lille) all season, and Lille gave other promising prospects like Bamba too, but the 19yo cf Leão has looked more and more promising as the season’s gone on too. Another to add to the watch list.

Willem Geubbels, 17 years of age and has a great stride on him. If we are looking at a new WF option he has all the raw talent to throw into the mix. Would qualify as HG as well if we got him in before August 16th (wishful thinking)

Signed for Monaco for £20m from Lyon in the summer and with them being in a relegation fight he could easily be ripe for pickings

Willem Geubbels, 17 years of age and has a great stride on him. If we are looking at a new WF option he has all the raw talent to throw into the mix. Would qualify as HG as well if we got him in before August 16th (wishful thinking)

Signed for Monaco for £20m from Lyon in the summer and with them being in a relegation fight he could easily be ripe for pickings

No way in hell, this one you can forget about. They'll never let him leave as he is considered to be the next big thing in France and they will not get relegated either.

Back
Top Bottom