Players worth keeping an eye on playing for other clubs

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I’ve said this before but Mendy (Lyon) has huge potential to be an outstanding LB. he’s got the lot. Pace, power, physique, technique and gets his head up in forward areas. Needs to learn how to combine it with good defending, but with the right coaching he could be outstanding.

bus-conductor bus-conductor

Going by your praise of Pepe, I imagine you watch a bit of Nice - how good can Youcef Attal be? and is he a worthy target for right back?

I've watched little Ligue 1 this year sadly, watched it a lot last year but haven't been watching as much this season. But I was very impressed with the stats I've seen on him.

He was a winger who seems to have been converted into a full back this season.

bus-conductor bus-conductor

Going by your praise of Pepe, I imagine you watch a bit of Nice - how good can Youcef Attal be? and is he a worthy target for right back?

I've watched little Ligue 1 this year sadly, watched it a lot last year but haven't been watching as much this season. But I was very impressed with the stats I've seen on him.

He was a winger who seems to have been converted into a full back this season.

Funny you should ask, I posted this back in September:

Watched Toulouse v Nice tonight. Young RB for Nice caught my eye, Youcef Attal, 22yo, making his first few appearances for Nice this season having arrived from Algeria and spent a season on loan in Belgium. Very quick, likes to dribble, good technique, comfortable on the ball running at the opposite full back, pretty tenacious too.

He was playing as a rwb that night in 3cb system. And that’s how he’s played mostly this season. I’d like to see him more in an orthodox RB role to see how looks, but he’s got pace and an engine, so no reason why he shouldn’t be able to work it.

Jack Clarke from Leeds, born: 23 November 2000. Scored a great goal at Villa Park today.

Yes, great goal. Call me old-fashioned but I also like the matter-of-fact "non-celebration". Quick handshake and let's get back to the centre circle, things to do guys. (contrast that with Giroud's ridiculous and time-wasting antics 3-3 at Bournemouth last season. No time to get the winner after all that. Not complaining, though).

Nice bit of play from the midfielder to assist Clarke too.

Last edited:
Came across this:

Next Generation 2018: 60 of the best young talents in world football

Anyone heard of any of these guys? Surprise surprise 3 Liverpool youngsters make it on to the top 60 to watch out for
Only one I have seen is Ackermann who is a bit of a beast of a midfielder at 17 years old. Just moved to Fiorentina and their youth setup but a name for the future with no doubt. Kid is almost silly strong (used to be a wrestler before going full focus on football) so I've seen him shrug off grown up men much bigger than him like it was nothing.

Last edited:
Hamed Traore from Empoli is definitely one to look out for and he's only 18 years old.

Potential Dembele replacement. I imagine he'd cost no more than £20,000,000. Probably even less.

Came across this:

Next Generation 2018: 60 of the best young talents in world football

Anyone heard of any of these guys? Surprise surprise 3 Liverpool youngsters make it on to the top 60 to watch out for

Rodrygo (Signed for Real Madrid)
Greenwood (Next big thing at Man Utd)
Pellegri

Are the only 3 I've actually seen play. I've heard of others but never seen them play properly (Besides Curtis Jones who literally played for Liverpool on Monday)

Batista-Meier, Eric Garcia, Geubells and Thiago Almada are the ones I've heard of but never seen play a single game of football.

Amazing that there's no Tottenham players on there considering Oliver Skipp is 18 years old and playing first team football and how well our academy is doing, certainly surprised to see Parrott not make the list.

I'd go as far as saying that 3/4s of that won't make it at the top top elite level. Some will have decent careers, some will get lost in the shuffle.

Toulouse have had a 21 kid called Manu Garcia on loan from City all season. Attacking central midfielder, good little footballer, great technique. End product a little lacking as an ACM (to be fair to him he’s not got great players around him) but also works quite hard.

I watch the Bundesliga highlights show every week and for the last few years there is a keeper named Yann Sommer who looks unbelievable. Maybe he's a highlights reel player but he has such outstanding reflexes and agility I don't see in too many others. I thought he must be fairly young but he's 30 so surprises me no Premier League club has come in for him given some of the dross keepers in the league.

Kazuyoshi Miura! Unfortunately just signed a new one year deal with Yokohama Fc missed out there me thinks.........
KKwk9zA.jpg

I watch the Bundesliga highlights show every week and for the last few years there is a keeper named Yann Sommer who looks unbelievable. Maybe he's a highlights reel player but he has such outstanding reflexes and agility I don't see in too many others. I thought he must be fairly young but he's 30 so surprises me no Premier League club has come in for him given some of the dross keepers in the league.
Sommer is a great goalkeeper. He's keeping Roman Bürki out of the Austria goal.

30 years old but that is still young for a goalie. Got at least 5 years minimum left at the top level

Back
Top Bottom