Woolwich @ Wembley - 2nd March - 1230KO

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Why, in this time of crisis, doesn't Poch give Foyth a go in midfield?

Because Foyth is a CB not a midfield player.

Playing someone out of position was exhibited today when Rose did a very bad impersonation of a CM for 40 odd minutes.

We've tried Son at WB (didn't work)

Horses for courses.

Because Foyth is a CB not a midfield player.

Playing someone out of position was exhibited today when Rose did a very bad impersonation of a CM for 40 odd minutes.

We've tried Son at WB (didn't work)

Horses for courses.

What's odd is that he's put one of our least mobile and least technically gifted defenders in Dier and converted him into a midfielder.

I really hope Winksy is ok for tuesday or it could be a really long night. If we play like we did today dortmund could do the unthinkable.

Absolutely delighted to not lose but fuck me that was diabolical-no response after Burnley at the racists, no reaction today in either half after Wednesday and we got really lucky to nick a point. If Woolwich had anything about them esp with the quality of those three subs coming on they would have hammered us second half.

Hope the purse strings are being loosened as we speak because we are going backwards compared to those around us and desperately need quality in and deadwood out this summer.

No idea what that means. It sounds like, even if you're fouled after being offside, the foul should be awarded?

When the free kick was taken, Kane was offside and therefore a free kick should have been awarded. He was then fouled and a penalty awarded.

We were very lucky.
What it means is that yes Kane was in an offside position when the free kick was struck, but the offside offence shall only be called if he makes an attempt to play the ball or plays the ball.

As Mustafi fouls him before he plays at the ball he has not yet committed and offside offence and thus the foul should be awarded.

What it means is that yes Kane was in an offside position when the free kick was struck, but the offside offence shall only be called if he makes an attempt to play the ball or plays the ball.

As Mustafi fouls him before he plays at the ball he has not yet committed and offside offence and thus the foul should be awarded.
This sounds right and wrong at the same time.

Do you wanna spend money or not?
False dichotomy friend. Wanting to improve the squad ie 'spend[ing] money' does not mean throwing it around willy nilly (another one for you bus-conductor bus-conductor ). Wanting to spend money doesn't justify janssen. Having actual fucking scouts that get around or are based in other fucking leagues would be great. Not just "oh we've done business with those folks let's see if they've got people we can buy".

Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn’t.
No, when you shell out 42 large it HAS to work in our situation. This ain't some lower league 5M punt, that is real money.

And to write off a CB at age 22 is lunacy.
Who said anyone has written him off? What has been said, and I have agreed, is that right now he is lacking.

there’s been matches where he’s been out best player on the pitch over the past 2 seasons
It's all opinions but he has never been the best player on the pitch for me. There have been games where he has been error free I admit but they are few and far between and due to the frequency of his errors I never feel comfortable with his play. Foyth has made errors but they are the kind that don't make me feel nervous. His tendency to overplay does though. Routine shit makes me nervous with Sanchez because he has an error in him.

I really hope Winksy is ok for tuesday or it could be a really long night. If we play like we did today dortmund could do the unthinkable.

Absolutely delighted to not lose but fuck me that was diabolical-no response after Burnley at the racists, no reaction today in either half after Wednesday and we got really lucky to nick a point. If Woolwich had anything about them esp with the quality of those three subs coming on they would have hammered us second half.

Hope the purse strings are being loosened as we speak because we are going backwards compared to those around us and desperately need quality in and deadwood out this summer.
What are you talking about

What's the answer?

I think there's loads of issues that have been bubbling away over the last 2/3 years that have now started to get to boiling.

But one simple thing I'd like to see is Poch decide whether he wants to be brave and play football or just play safe and grind teams into submission. If he does he needs to stop playing atrocious units like Dier and Sissoko in midfield and trust footballers like Winks, Skipp, Eriksen, Alli more to out-football rather than outmuscle.

We've allowed Poch to drive recruitment, and he's just stock piling fuckwitted athletes like Sissoko, Aurier, Moura (maybe even Sanchez). But if this is how he wants us to play, then we have a bigger long term problem. Football is evolving. It requires a bit more bravery (like having the bollocks to trust academy players), more intelligence.

Our results were outstripping performances last year, but this year the disparity has been even more startling. In terms of general coached ethos and team spirit Poch is great, and we have a couple of this leagues best footballers, this is getting us through.

Poch is tactically reasonably diverse, but so often the tactics don't match the occasion/opponent or selections. And his in game tactical application is fucking piss poor, always has been and doesn't seem to be getting any better. The last couple of weeks was a fucking nadir. I mean what the fuck was that garbage today? Starts off with a pair of units as a midfield, and gradually dismantles it until we have absolutely no control of the game at all.

Back
Top Bottom