Woolwich @ Wembley - 2nd March - 1230KO

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I think Foyth has shown a lot more than Sanchez has for us - I don't think 3 at the back helps Sanchez at all, not sure why but I've never been convinced by him in a 3 at the back system, he does look a lot better with 2 at the back though.

So hopefully next season we push with 2 at the back with Sanchez and Foyth rotating with Vertonghen on the left side of defence.

Love Verts but can he play 2-3 games a
I still think he will come good.

We needn’t to play the same back 4 in the same positions for a consistent period of time. He needs stability.

Fair enough

Just has to know when not to tackle and Foyth is the same but young I suppose

Love Verts but can he play 2-3 games a

Fair enough

Just has to know when not to tackle and Foyth is the same but young I suppose

If he can't, then Sanchez and Foyth need to start playing more games together. It has potential to be our centre back pairing for years.

Fuck that was horrendous. But we stuck at it and managed to haul a draw out of it. Last three games we’re playing like a nightmare where you just can’t get yourself moving. We’re just flat all over the place. Hope Dortmund and CL fever can spark our season.

Sonny hasn't played as well since Kane's return, but I wouldn't really say Sonny is the problem right now. There are so many other things that are worse right now.

Yes I didn’t word that right

I meant to be specific about Sonny

I think there's loads of issues that have been bubbling away over the last 2/3 years that have now started to get to boiling.

But one simple thing I'd like to see is Poch decide whether he wants to be brave and play football or just play safe and grind teams into submission. If he does he needs to stop playing atrocious units like Dier and Sissoko in midfield and trust footballers like Winks, Skipp, Eriksen, Alli more to out-football rather than outmuscle.

We've allowed Poch to drive recruitment, and he's just stock piling fuckwitted athletes like Sissoko, Aurier, Moura (maybe even Sanchez). But if this is how he wants us to play, then we have a bigger long term problem. Football is evolving. It requires a bit more bravery (like having the bollocks to trust academy players), more intelligence.

Our results were outstripping performances last year, but this year the disparity has been even more startling. In terms of general coached ethos and team spirit Poch is great, and we have a couple of this leagues best footballers, this is getting us through.

Poch is tactically reasonably diverse, but so often the tactics don't match the occasion/opponent or selections. And his in game tactical application is fucking piss poor, always has been and doesn't seem to be getting any better. The last couple of weeks was a fucking nadir. I mean what the fuck was that garbage today? Starts off with a pair of units as a midfield, and gradually dismantles it until we have absolutely no control of the game at all.
Too late to do anything now, we keep changing the model so we can short term successes, i.e champions league.

I'd love to know what was said at HT. I mean, how could they come out worse? Our lack of goal threat and urgency in the last two games is worrying.
Poch has bollocked them but no reaction which is also disturbing.
Bloody releived with the point and my anger is subsiding, but far from happy.
Careful mate, sammyspurs won't stand for opinions like that.

I think Foyth has all the attributes to be a good defensive midfielder who can drop into a back three like Dier used to do in 15/16.

Agreed. But I don't want to see any experiments in the NLD when we're scrapping for points. That can wait for pre-season.

I can't get my head around him not playing Skipp today as a direct replacement for Winks.

Anyway it's over. On to Germany!

Sissoko was much better in the second half.

Pretty shit in the first - his tackle on Aubamayng in the box in the second half was excellent.

Really? I thought he was better in the first half, apart from letting Ramsey run off him the goal. I though everyone just deteriorated second half.
False dichotomy friend. Wanting to improve the squad ie 'spend[ing] money' does not mean throwing it around willy nilly (another one for you bus-conductor bus-conductor ). Wanting to spend money doesn't justify janssen. Having actual fucking scouts that get around or are based in other fucking leagues would be great. Not just "oh we've done business with those folks let's see if they've got people we can buy".

No, when you shell out 42 large it HAS to work in our situation. This ain't some lower league 5M punt, that is real money.

Who said anyone has written him off? What has been said, and I have agreed, is that right now he is lacking.

It's all opinions but he has never been the best player on the pitch for me. There have been games where he has been error free I admit but they are few and far between and due to the frequency of his errors I never feel comfortable with his play. Foyth has made errors but they are the kind that don't make me feel nervous. His tendency to overplay does though. Routine shit makes me nervous with Sanchez because he has an error in him.

?

Play him on the right, Sonny on the left and Eriksen behind Kane. Whats so difficult about that.

We need to threat and score against the opponent, making challenges can wait

So you’re advocating a back three?

Tje biggest frustration was the lack of opportunity we gave Llorente when he came on compared to the opportunities Aubameyang had.

Woolwich ain't great but they were the better side but they had their full squad bar Bellerin.

We need to rebuild and another striker is key to that.
We were trying loads of high balls up to nando, but every time he controlled it the ref gave them a free kick, never known anything like it

Yeah obviously prefer to get a point but would you not prefer a better performance against our bitter rivals no?
Playing well and getting a point are not mutually exclusive things.
Of course and I agree, I just feel relief more than disappointment.

If he can't, then Sanchez and Foyth need to start playing more games together. It has potential to be our centre back pairing for years.
I know they have potential, but the thought of a Sanchez/Foyth pairing right now is scary. Both very naive and error prone currently.

Back
Top Bottom