Borussia Dortmund vs Tottenham Hotspur - Westfalenstadion - 5th March 2019

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

WE DID NOT PARK THE BUS

we simply showed Dortmund that if you want to bite the carrot you need to be smarter in finding a way to reach it than running faster.
We simply defended under control and kept asking.....

IS THAT YOUR BEST PUNCH?

Says who? Wasn't aware I was throwing punches!

It looked like some classic bus parking to me. At times there were two straight lines: one of 5 at the back with a straight line of 4 in front of them. Especially after the manager moved Son back. Harry up front on his own.

Bus parking par excellence. The only moves for them were sideways and backwards.

Or do you think bus parking is when some geezer in a peaked cap actually parks a Routemaster in the centre circle? Get a grip.

And I said I wasn't going to bicker tonight (wait until tomorrow)

D07RYO_XQAAdLH2.jpg

That was the European performance that we have needed so many times. We were colossal tonight. The most disciplined away leg I think I have seen from us.
As Roy Keane used to say when he played us, 'all very tidy, but you knew you'd do 'em.'
Bettered only by Clive Tyldesley's Dortmund cheerleading in the first half, to him openly sobbing in the second. he even managed to get a dig in about NWHL late on.
After a tough few weeks, we are back in Spurs heaven.

Sissoko is auditioning for Dembele's place as team anchor. He is getting stronger each game, driving through the defenses, and his through balls getting very good. Very encouraged. Hugo is the boss, though. A true captain.

This is one of the best defensive displays I've seen from us since the first leg of the League Cup semi final.

We look well drilled with everyone knowing their roles. We were the better team in the final 10 minutes of that half when we realised that we are actually in the driving seat and Dortmund basically have no cover at the back.

I can see us getting a goal in the second half and effectively ending the tie.
Exactly this mate-if that was Juventus tonight they would have been creaming their boxers on BT about backs against the wall defending-putting your body on the line etc etc etc we had to hear last year.

Why do people comment after 10,20,30 mins about playing ‘shit’ and we end up keeping a clean sheet and score to win the tie comfortably making them look like morons.
Watch the match, understand football and esp European football and wise up-it was never in doubt after that Vertonghen tackle.
Brilliant performance

For me it was just nice to be able to watch without any nerves. Even when they were peppering shots at goal I never got worried. Beautiful night. Last 8, no fear. Audere est Facere.

Good solid performance that. We need to see more of my man Danny Rose.
He looked really comfortable in midfield. Jan and Hugo were immense.
I really hope we get Ajax next.

It says a lot too about sissokos growth that his passing was better than eriksens. Or maybe it shows how poor eriksen has been.

Either way, absolutely over the moon with that. First time pochettino has got our tactics so on the money since we demolished Chelsea at Wembley like they were dogshit on our shoes.

Back
Top Bottom