Forum Upgrade

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Admin

The Fighting Cock
Omnipotent
😧

I'm still working on stuff, there's probably a bunch of things that are broken. I'll continue to tweak things in the coming weeks when I have the time. I just needed to get this update live.

Homepage

I know. You all hate it.

There's a lot more content. There are various 'New Post' blocks and the latest podcast etc but the basic layout is the same with the main categories & forums.

Each of the categories is collapsible if you wanted to "reduce the noise". So if you don't care about the 'Other Footy' section, click the small triangle arrow next to the title and that category will be minimised. It should remember this setting for you on whichever device you are on.

Thread prefixes

These are a lot more prominent and you are required to select one when creating a new thread. You can easily filter threads by their prefix by using the links at the top of the forum.

The Spurs forum has a lot more options now when creating your own thread, including the trial Criticism prefix - my (likely vain) attempt at giving the "melts" their own safe havens to let of some steam after games, transfer windows, etc... Before the "happy clappers" come to lift their spirits, of course.

I'm not sure if this is going to be better having topics split over more threads, we'll have to see how it works. I get the feeling some people will just want to create their own threads to get on their soapbox so I'll probably find I have to merge more threads. We don't need 3 different "Criticism" threads as a reaction to a result.

Any discussion about a particular player should still go in the existing player thread.

Feel free to suggest new prefixes. I've intentionally omitted a "general discussion" one but we may find we need something that the others don't cover.

Emoji support

πŸ˜€πŸ˜‚πŸ˜πŸ˜ŽπŸ˜±πŸ‘ŒβœŠπŸ’¦πŸ†πŸ‘
You can use standard emojis from your phone keyboard etc. They are converted to EmojiOne once posted so there's no iOS/Android differences with how they display.
You can also access them all from the smiley drop-down in the editor.

Push Notifications

Visit your account preferences on a compatible device and you can enable Push Notifications. So you can get forum alerts instantly pushed to your phone/browser.

This is supported by most major browsers except Safari on macOS and any browser on iOS. Basically, if you've got an iPhone it won't work because Apple have (so far) refused to embrace the industry standard.

Improved 'formation' BB code

This has been improved and should display much better from mobile to desktop. See the formation thread here.

[FORMATION=433,Player,Player,Player,Player,Player,Player,Player,Player,Player,Player,Player][/FORMATION]

New 'Rating' BB code

Add 1-10 star ratings in your post (works in 0.5 increments).

[rating=9.5]TFC forum upgrade[/rating]
Code:
[rating=9.5]TFC forum upgrade[/rating]

New 'Inline Spoiler' BB code

This sentence contains a hidden word.
Code:
[ISPOILER]hidden[/ISPOILER]

Giphy

In the post editor (under the 'Insert' drop-down) there is a new Giphy button to help you post those all-important reaction gifs.

Post Quick Thread

At the top of a forum, above the list of threads, there is the option to post a new thread.

Member stats

This page has been improved and you can also see users who have received red or yellow cards here.