The homecoming 3rd April Tottenham versus Palace

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Negatives - how the hell did they run out of beer again ? No Neck Oil after 18:30 yet it’s brewed on site ? A combination of Neck Oil, Heineken and Amstel is not good and is not recommended !

Some of the cues for beer and food are surprisingly long. Not as bad as old WHL but worse than Wembley so far. That’s not good. Hopefully it’s teething problems, but there was a beer supply issue on Saturday too.....

After Levy UK's promises it was disappointing to yet again run-out ... in their defence there are over 60 food and drink outlets (no other EPL ground comes close) all were fully stocked and fully staffed. The problem is we eat and drink just ridiculously more than anyone planned for.

As you know the ground is cash-less so everyone's actions are tracked by their cards, this data will be endlessly studied to try and fix the supply and demand issues.

It should also be remembered that this was a one-off event, 10,000 in the ground two hours before kick-off 45,000 in an hour before kick-off ... this will probably never happen again, or maybe it will?

Let's call them teething problems and see how the next four games go ... if it's still an issue there will be the summer break to expand (unbelievably) the food and drink offering.

On a side note, Spurs canvassed the local pubs and cafes after the two test events, overwhelmingly they fed back that business was very good, with an extra 15,000 last night and the issues inside the ground I'm sure the local pubs were rocking again .... were they?

Did you go over the footbridge and blag your way past the station staff/plod. We queued for quite some time. Got onto the platform and eventually got onto the train that was currently there. The station staff on the platform said it was stopping at Stratford. As we pulled off the announcement said next stop Liverpool Street. There’s another half hour on my journey. Thanks.
Yes. Thought we had half a chance and they just gave up.

There was still plenty of space on our train when it left. Stupid really. I think they’re over managing the transport in general.

After Levy UK's promises it was disappointing to yet again run-out ... in their defence there are over 60 food and drink outlets (no other EPL ground comes close) all were fully stocked and fully staffed. The problem is we eat and drink just ridiculously more than anyone planned for.

As you know the ground is cash-less so everyone's actions are tracked by their cards, this data will be endlessly studied to try and fix the supply and demand issues.

It should also be remembered that this was a one-off event, 10,000 in the ground two hours before kick-off 45,000 in an hour before kick-off ... this will probably never happen again, or maybe it will?

Let's call them teething problems and see how the next four games go ... if it's still an issue there will be the summer break to expand (unbelievably) the food and drink offering.

On a side note, Spurs canvassed the local pubs and cafes after the two test events, overwhelmingly they fed back that business was very good, with an extra 15,000 last night and the issues inside the ground I'm sure the local pubs were rocking again .... were they?

Agreed. There are so many variables about tonight's game. The extended pre match opening of the gates, the party atmosphere for the first time at maximum capacity, the opening ceremony, old friends wanting to catch up with each other, not to mention the uncertainty about who was going to arrive when and how many would stay afterwards compared to the test events.

It's the 3rd time the doors have been opened, the first in real circumstances. I do think the club have been foolish not stocking up on alcohol as it lasts longer than say the food ingredients do, especially as we have another game in 10 days time.

The club should get another 3 home games from the supporters to get it right. By then a trend on what bar gets used most, what food outlets are more popular than others and need sufficient stock etc should all be ironed out. The novelty of the stadium is key to how volatile analysis will be at present. Once it simmers down the club have the infrastructure in place to track and stock what's needed far more efficiently.

Last edited:
Link to that, please.

Don't have one, the information is collected by the club not sure if they will release data, it came up in a conversation a week ago when they were looking for feedback. I posted somewhere on here at the time asking about it. It's very much part of the club's strategy to maintain local goodwill, this is not just philanthropic it also makes good business sense.

In order to maximize the profit from all the development land ENIC and it's subsidiaries now control, having local support will be vital. Hence the huge charm offensive with Lammy and the Council.

Spurs always believed an extra 25,000 fans visiting twenty times a year plus the conference/ tours / extreme sports stuff would be beneficial to the local economy. However the risk was that fans would just visit the 'spaceship' and never spend money outside the front door ... that is still a question that needs answering.

Don't have one, the information is collected by the club not sure if they will release data, it came up in a conversation a week ago when they were looking for feedback. I posted somewhere on here at the time asking about it. It's very much part of the club's strategy to maintain local goodwill, this is not just philanthropic it also makes good business sense.

In order to maximize the profit from all the development land ENIC and it's subsidiaries now control, having local support will be vital. Hence the huge charm offensive with Lammy and the Council.

Spurs always believed an extra 25,000 fans visiting twenty times a year plus the conference/ tours / extreme sports stuff would be beneficial to the local economy. However the risk was that fans would just visit the 'spaceship' and never spend money outside the front door ... that is still a question that needs answering.
No link?

So basically you're spouting bollocks .. again.

The non-smoking rule & sniffer dogs will definitely ensure certain punters opt for a pub rather than the Market Place post match.

I think initially a fair few will experience the bars in the stadium but the match day experience of a few old school fans will still want to relive what matchday was about. The old train journey, the food outlets they used to use, the old pubs etc. Local business will still thrive, at least short to mid term I believe.

If the club want to regenerate the area which would ultimately lead to a higher value of the club and its real estate, it'll continue to give just enough to the local area for the wealth and living standards to rise. If ENIC play their cards right, over time they can slowly turn the area of Tottenham into a really beautiful place to live. All hear say though but the land and the area has a lot of potential, I wouldn't be surprised to see Levy & Lewis but up land further in and around the area so the community quality levels continue to rise = a lot more wedge in their back pockets

ujg9asi493q21.jpg

Just got in. There's a lot I want to share from tonight but I'm a bit pissed so excuse any rambling.

1) The internet can be a weird place, but sometimes it can be bloody brilliant. As I mentioned earlier in the thread, I got immensely lucky when Raiders Raiders sorted me a ticket for £30 tonight, and have nothing but praise for the bloke. He's proper Spurs, and as a bonus can also neck a cider pretty quickly, so if he ever has a free ticket again I highly recommend taking him up on it. Still find it highly commendable that he gave it to me, a stranger, for so cheap when he could have sold it for a much higher price, so massive fair play to him. Thanks to him and the Fighting Cock for allowing me to experience such a special night.

2) The stadium... I can't really add anything original that hasn't already been said. All I will say to those who haven't yet experienced it is be patient, your time will come. And when it does, I'd say give yourself a good few hours before kick off to explore. I don't normally do it but got in at 4.45pm today and was just overwhelmed. For all the criticism of Levy and co they have just plain and simple smashed this one out of the park. From the £5 pint and pie deal (decent pie too) to the artwork, to the bowl itself... everything is stunning. Cliche of the century, but pictures just can't do justice to that moment you walk out of the concourse and realise... fuck me, Wembley is shit isn't it. It's that good.

3) The game itself I guess was a bit of a damp squib, but at least we got a much needed three points and didn't allow our big day to be pooped by a disciplined Palace side. Big props to Sissoko for his performance and for not hiding after the Liverpool nightmare, but other than him I can't think of anyone who was particularly good. We were in the North stand and I would say atmosphere was decent, if understandably a little nervy at times. Palace fans just beneath us were good. Hoping to experience South stand soon- it was hard to tell how loud they were tonight from the opposite end but the view of it packed out was incredible.

4) My only real complaint of the night: getting out is still a nightmare. We made it out of the ground pretty much bang on full time and I even jogged a bit of the way to Seven Sisters and still had to wait a good 45 mins in a queue. Not sure what the solution is, but if that's the situation on a night where I imagine more people than usual would have stuck around taking it all in and having a drink I shudder to imagine what it will be like when we are 3-0 up in a low-key game and people all want to leave at the same time.

Overall a brilliant night and just privileged to say I was there. Onto Man City- We CAN beat them.
Sports journalist right there

3 key passes so far. Most on field.

Bit Trump’ish, are we?
Don’t think I’d be as smart as Trump, but a few key passes in a one sided half ain’t no mind blowing stat.....I like the guy, and I hope his goal gets him going again, Christ we need him, but playing deep doesn’t suit him, and Sonny is definitely the best guy playing off Kane so sooner or later when injuries clear the Math wont add up in the midfield.

That’s fair enough. I had an excellent stream with decent sound and I heard Palace pipe up about 10 minutes before the end of the 1st half. I’ve noticed this phenomenon before when I’ve been to the game, and yes, it’s annoying when people who weren’t there make these comments. Broadcaster’s sound levels are all over the place usually. Just listen when they turn it up at Anfield - you can hear people snoring. Tonight you couldn’t hear managerial instructions or players shouting at each other. My guess is that it was a big, swirling noise, with a junior sound man who had no vested interest in replicating the aural experience. When junior technicians are at work it’s just easier for them to turn everything down.

Im going to wade in and annoy a few people but here goes.
Not slagging anyone off but the sound guys don’t edit out songs. There wasn’t much singing and that’s just a fact.

It’s not that palace were loud or fantastic, but it was the songs they sang.....which was mocking us not singing.
They were at the game and it would make no sense if we were singing, right?

I get that it was tense,but even at 2-0 I could only hear them

Now I’m not saying the atmosphere was bad....you could hear a constant buzz and the gasps when we went close etc.....and when the songs were sung they were really loud.
Simply not many songs for long periods.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom