The homecoming 3rd April Tottenham versus Palace

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Shut up. A team of Eriksen's pisses a team of Sissoko's all day long. They just pass round them and run off them. The Sissoko's can't fucking score.

You need a balance of skills. This league is shit deep in grafters, and better ones than Sissoko, one's that don't think the ball's a hand grenade. and can actually do something incisive too.

There are very few Eriksen's.

You know absolutely nothing about football sir

I was in Row 5 near the away dug-out. My feeling was that there were quite of few first timers there last night. Maybe got tickets through hospitality or something. A few younger Lads and me tried to get them singing a bit around us, but you get looked at as if you are mad.

In front of me, two kids, 7 and 8 maybe, kitted out in the full kit, just sat and looked at the program all night, Dads sat each side of them, they were as disinterested. I know we have to get younger supporters in, but if this is the true future, then we can kiss goodbye to any sort of atmosphere. I just thought it really a shame that 2 to 4 seats that could have gone to real supporters who would have got into it. I am sure there were plenty more as well. A few empty seats around me as well, which seemed weird.

Not the usual place I would want to sit, it was just a case of getting a seat anywhere, for the first game. But, a huge part of the enjoyment and excitement of being at the game is sucked out of me, when surrounded by these sort of supporters. Maybe, I am a dinosaur and it is me that can't adapt to the new face and "atmosphere" of football.

South Stand did sound pretty epic at times from where I was sitting. It will be interesting to see in future how soon the Stadium fills up, given this was the first game. I did wonder round the goal line bar, it was very busy round there, but a really good buzz.

Got home after midnight, due to no extra trains and from what I can see no improvement in crowd management. May try Northumnerland Park next time, assuming I can get lucky and get another ticket this season.

Anyway, far more important than anything last night was the 3 points.. COYS

Ah, that's a pity... because the main thing I wanted to say, much more important than whether you could hear which side or not, whether the beer ran out, or whether the toilets worked is....

I was surrounded last night on all 4 sides by real fans, ST holding Tottenham supporters, who knew what they were watching. Some were local, some, like me, had travelled hours to watch their team. I might not like all these people, but I will get to know some of them over the next few months/years and I see them over and again. And the contrast between last night and bloody Wembley, when I was always surrounded by an ever-weekly-changing busload of selfie-snapping texting foreign tourists wearing half scarves, was immense.

Ah, that's a pity... because the main thing I wanted to say, much more important than whether you could hear which side or not, whether the beer ran out, or whether the toilets worked is....

I was surrounded last night on all 4 sides by real fans, ST holding Tottenham supporters, who knew what they were watching. Some were local, some, like me, had travelled hours to watch their team. I might not like all these people, but I will get to know some of them over the next few months/years and I see them over and again. And the contrast between last night and bloody Wembley, when I was always surrounded by an ever-weekly-changing busload of selfie-snapping texting foreign tourists wearing half scarves, was immense.

Lets hope you are right, its just around me there seemed to be loads of people who seemed uninterested and got the feeling it was their first visit to a game. I think the seat I managed to get late on was maybe kept back for Hospitality. Agree completely about Wembley and the "tourist" element.

Seeing my first half an half scarves being worn inside WHL was a bit disappointing, thought we had left that crap behind.

Palace fan here in peace..sort of.

Firstly congratulations on what is a magnificent facility and one you must be truly Proud of. Teething issues in our bit was the beer kept running out and the infrastructure getting away was fucking awful. Your noise level was excellent when you bothered to sing, but to have “ come on you Spurs” displayed on your electronic screen to encourage you to join in is truly gut wrenchingly embarrassing .

I don’t normally register of other fans boards but on this occasion I thought you would Like to hear what I’m about to say.

I’m sorry to tell you this but new stadium but still a segment of muggy fans. We left the stadium only came down the stairs at the back only to be attacked by some of your big hard lads. I am aware (and can provide photos) of a lady (I believe to be a spurs fan) to be knocked out of her wheelchair when your lot charged the Palace fans. The fighting broke out between both sets of supporters and a 15 school girl I know was taken to an ambulance with a shoulder injury (spoke to her this morning not serious) this injury was caused by the police on horseback trying to separate the two groups. Really Spurs? You have a great new stadium that will last you through to the next century, but some of your fans dragging your name back to the 1970’s.

That all said, on the flip side, I did meet a couple of older Spurs lads who we had a great chat/banter with. Someone will pick up on the “flair” in the Palace end, and before you say anything not acceptable I agree,

Come on Spurs this is 2019.

Im going to wade in and annoy a few people but here goes.
Not slagging anyone off but the sound guys don’t edit out songs. There wasn’t much singing and that’s just a fact.

It’s not that palace were loud or fantastic, but it was the songs they sang.....which was mocking us not singing.
They were at the game and it would make no sense if we were singing, right?

I get that it was tense,but even at 2-0 I could only hear them

Now I’m not saying the atmosphere was bad....you could hear a constant buzz and the gasps when we went close etc.....and when the songs were sung they were really loud.
Simply not many songs for long periods.

didnt hear them in the ground- there were lows but we were singing more than them

Firstly congratulations on what is a magnificent facility and one you must be truly Proud of. Teething issues in our bit was the beer kept running out and the infrastructure getting away was fucking awful. Your noise level was excellent when you bothered to sing, but to have “ come on you Spurs” displayed on your electronic screen to encourage you to join in is truly gut wrenchingly embarrassing .

I don’t normally register of other fans boards but on this occasion I thought you would Like to hear what I’m about to say.

I’m sorry to tell you this but new stadium but still a segment of muggy fans. We left the stadium only came down the stairs at the back only to be attacked by some of your big hard lads. I am aware (and can provide photos) of a lady (I believe to be a spurs fan) to be knocked out of her wheelchair when your lot charged the Palace fans. The fighting broke out between both sets of supporters and a 15 school girl I know was taken to an ambulance with a shoulder injury (spoke to her this morning not serious) this injury was caused by the police on horseback trying to separate the two groups. Really Spurs? You have a great new stadium that will last you through to the next century, but some of your fans dragging your name back to the 1970’s.

That all said, on the flip side, I did meet a couple of older Spurs lads who we had a great chat/banter with. Someone will pick up on the “flair” in the Palace end, and before you say anything not acceptable I agree,

‘Come on you spurs’ is a kind of tagline for the club, it’s plastered all over merchandise etc. Has nothing to do with trying to get the fans to sing

Nothing more cringe-worthy than watching 150 middle-aged men dressed in the same Marks and Spencer black hoody and chino combo thinking they are Italian ultra's, what a fucking cringe-fest, but please don't stop this as it's fucking hilarious. When oppo fans log-in to tell you how bad the transport links are (because getting in & out of Palace is a breeze ain't it!? even with less than 20k in attendance) then you know we have a winner. I'm sure Spurs will spend another billion on a new train line because that's what all Clubs are supposed to do. Dick.

Bollocks.

The 'Come on You Spurs' is nothing to do with trying to get fans to sing, it is a THFC tag line.

As for Spurs fans attacking Palace may i draw your attention to Wembley when your (exceedingly) muggy ultras attacked some of our scarfers before being run all they way back to the station.

Having a drum going for 2 hours so you can remember the tune to your two songs? Gutwrenchingly embarrassing.

Last edited:

And banging a drum to encourage you to drone out the same shite, like some pseudo bunch of middle aged ultra wankers isnt cringeworthy? Fuck off.

Think what you want ... it's sad that you derive such pleasure from being a negative cunt ... but it's a free world so whatever makes you happy
Hes not being negative. Hes just asking where you got this information

"Spurs canvassed the local pubs and cafes after the two test events, overwhelmingly they fed back that business was very good"

Im sure he wants to read or hear about this too , so hes just asking for the source/link.

Sorry mate but any criticism about singing from a team who's entire 90 minute repertoire is some inbred banging a drum? you've got no chance.

Not happy to hear about the goings on, but by all accounts your 'ultras' had a go at some scarves when we played at Wembley, didn't work out to well for them that day and I guess not so well yesterday either ...

As for transport ... yeah it's a pain ... but then Palace ain't no picnic either

Back
Top Bottom