Tottenham Hotspur v Man City [UCL QF] - Tuesday, April 9th

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Looks like there is going to be a Tifo type thing in the South Stand tomorrow.

Just received this email.

2. Help us start the match with a clear message of intent

All ticket holders in the South Stand will find a coloured, 100% recyclable plastic bag on their seat upon arrival. By holding the bag up with the plain side facing towards the pitch as the teams enter the field of play, we shall display a motif of our ‘To Dare Is To Do’ motto that will fill the entire South Stand – providing an unforgettable visual impact.

We kindly ask for your co-operation for a total of 60 seconds to create an iconic image that will be seen around the world – once again showcasing our new home in all its glory
can’t wait to see that from the north stand

Going to put my goolies on the line and predict a win tomorrow night. Feeling more and more confident the nearer the game gets.

Spurs 4 -1 City.
Kane x2
Son
Sissoko

:dude:

All I want is for us to have a proper go tomorrow with the backing of 60k yids making such a din they go back to Manc land fucking deaf.
Personally I shall be very well beer ladened courtesy of the fine hostelries around the lane before hand and my tonsils will be lubricated ready.

Expecting very little from this tie. Which is somewhat liberating. Hopefully the players can play with such freedom of mind. If not the pessimism.

I think you're absolutely right. No nerves in a game so early on at our new home could do us a big favour in the league. I really hope the boys aren't afraid of losing 2-0/3-0 and just go out there and express themselves for all the talents they possess.

This could be a great game for a few that seem to have stuttered recently. Do what Poch has said and chase down every ball, don't be afraid to take risks, shoot, create, hassle and hound and it should make for a belting game. The boys deserve one like this after playing so many wanky teams that sit back and stifle. Expressive football, let them have a little fun.

I think we'll lose over 2 legs in a blaze of glory I don't really care either way a CL quarter final is a great achievement for a club of our stature feels like a free hit to me as a supporter, if we are to win it would be incredible I hope Sissoko can score a dramatic winner the guy deserves everything.

Possibly the worst formation to play against City. Either way, we'll lose this tie anyway.
I hope to God you're not leading the singing tomorrow night?
Leave the 'naive' positivity to those who give a shit, eh?

I for one am not giving up hope till the final whistle blows at the the end of the SECOND leg....
Let's just enjoy tomorrow, eh?

Spurs 4 -1 City.
Kane x2
Son
Sissoko

tenor.gif

All ticket holders in the South Stand will find a coloured, 100% recyclable plastic bag on their seat upon arrival. By holding the bag up with the plain side facing towards the pitch as the teams enter the field of play, we shall display a motif of our ‘To Dare Is To Do’ motto that will fill the entire South Stand – providing an unforgettable visual impact.

We kindly ask for your co-operation for a total of 60 seconds to create an iconic image that will be seen around the world – once again showcasing our new home in all its glory
I'll do my 'pre-match' bit in the Park Lane!!

Then I'll stand for the next 90 minutes!

I'll have to get my friend to take the photo as I'm in the south stand this time. I hope people don't think it's beneath them to participate, as it might look really naff if there are lots of spaces!

My joy at getting a great place near the front of the "South" by fluke against the doughnut of doom last week has been dampened by the grim no standing email today.
Can only hope it's all a storm in a tea cup and we get left alone like at Wembley... doubt it though by the sounds of it.
Ironically was in Paxton lower tier back row for Palace and everybody stood no question no bother all night...

Back
Top Bottom