Tottenham Hotspur v Man City [UCL QF] - Tuesday, April 9th

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Absolutely terrible away support, second only to Real Madrid that I can remember.

Heard them sing one song (Blue moon). Worst away support i have seen & (not) heard in a long time.
I know they hate us because of 1981 (i know....pathetic) but their sense of entitlement is off the scale.
They genuinely believe they have earned all their recent sucess rather than bought it.
I'm not sure it is worth us turning up next week. They have already won the tie (apparently).
:dembelefingers:

We will win.

Orgonite-Gold-HHG.jpg

Legend piece of Orgonite appears in match thread, tick (heavens align).

You are welcome.

Anyone got any footage of the South Stand "TO DARE IS TO DO" bags going up/coming down??
...be interested to see who blinked first!!

That's the dream, get an early goal and then they have to commit loads of players forward.
Not sure if I prefer that for 70 minutes (even at 2-0)

I think I’d be happier with them arrogantly playing tippy tappy and just expecting the goal to come.
Give it an hour and they’ll get more desperate and then 2-0 would be fucking off the chart.

Heard them sing one song (Blue moon). Worst away support i have seen & (not) heard in a long time.
I know they hate us because of 1981 (i know....pathetic) but their sense of entitlement is off the scale.
They genuinely believe they have earned all their recent sucess rather than bought it.
I'm not sure it is worth us turning up next week. They have already won the tie (apparently).
:dembelefingers:

Particularly after their “we can’t go to all these games as we’re working class” bollocks.

No you just have crap fans

Absolutely brilliant night. One of the most composed and mature performances I've ever seen from a Spurs side, and while I felt we actually could have put a few more past them if we really went for it, keeping a clean sheet was absolutely VITAL. They're in real trouble now and Guardiola knows it, because we will have chances at their place as well.

Couple of side notes:
- Absolutely gutted beyond words for H, and you could tell it took a lot a lot of the gloss off the win for Poch. One has to wonder how many times he can suffer the same big injury before it really starts to effect his game.

- I thought Winks was the best midfielder on the pitch tonight. This kid is the real deal, and with a couple of top signings to compliment him in the Summer he could become even better.

-Tonight should without a shadow of a doubt take Danny Rose out of the shop window this Summer. I've had my doubts about his character but it's just unquestionable how good a footballer the guy is. We will not get a left back that comes anywhere near him if we try and replace him. Seeing Walker shit his pants every time he ran at him was fucking glorious.

Overall a neigh on perfect performance. Nice game against Huddersfield to come, then bring on the second leg.

This was the point poch made. We show we can compete and match any team when we put in the effort. Have to be as dedicated when it's the likes of Southampton Burnley Huddersfield etc. Great night as you say. South stand is epic!

Back
Top Bottom