Manchester City v. Tottenham Hotspur - Who cares?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

A complete waste of a decent performance, I can excuse the tired finishing from Son and Lucas but the goal we conceded was daft.

Every single time Davinson plays in a 3 we concede this type of brain dead chance from a cross, he has had a terrible season and his future here has to be in doubt. If City score a vintage total football goal you can accept it, but to lose because two midgets beat our giant defense to a ball in the air is unacceptable. I don’t understand how he keeps making the same mistake.

Probably deserved a draw, but our luck in the league has taken a nosedive since Burnley. Take care of business the rest of the way and we should finish in 3rd.

tough one to lose. Spurs played very well. Now to watch the games to see where we finish after the weekend
Nah - doesn't matter where we are after the weekend. Where we are May 12th is what counts. Other teams have harder games left than us - particularly Man U who play Chelsea and City. It's Woolwich we have to worry about - they're the only team who make it above us if we win all our remaining games, (and even then at least we would get 4th).

Really not bothered, we just have to put this behind us and win our remaining league fixtures. Hopefully that will be enough to ensure a top 4 spot. Losing 1-0 away to City after our midweek heroics is probably the least surprising result we've had all season.

Not bothered? I wish I wasn't bothered however, I am bothered. Really bothered. Strange...

Very disappointed not to get something from that game. Poch got the tactics spot on today and hopefully, it will be something we can use again. To go to City and so nearly get a decent result and way short of our best eleven showed great character. Hopefully, this will be the last we see of the diamond formation. I really really would like to this system for Ajax away.

Fair play to the players for effort today. Any other day and we can win that game. Looked a real threat throughout and gave them problems. Their keeper had a great game unfortunately for us.

Play with this heart and tactical thought for the rest of the season and we'll be fine for the top four and a Champions League final place.

In terms of watching that game today, emotionally it couldn't have been more different to Wednesday. Today I was calm and confident we'd get something throughout. That's a testament to being set up tactically right from the start today.

COYS!

This result only means that City needs to beat United. Woolwich are shit on the road and still have 3 away games. If we concentrate on our own, we'll be in the top 4.
The worry is that we have to win all 4, and 3 of them are against mid-table teams who can definitely get something from us; especially the game-raising muppets over in East london.

Nah - doesn't matter where we are after the weekend. Where we are May 12th is what counts. Other teams have harder games left than us - particularly Man U who play Chelsea and City. It's Woolwich we have to worry about - they're the only team who make it above us if we win all our remaining games, (and even then at least we would get 4th).
In fact its a critical week for us this week - our game v Brighton Tuesday and Wolves v Woolwich and Utd v City Wednesday. Followed by Man U v Chelsea and Leicester v Woolwich Sunday (and the tiny matter of us v West Ham). Could get close to clinching top 4 IF results go our way.

Thought we could have got something out of the game, but the performance was pretty good and the game plan was effective against them.

Important 60minutes for Dier as we need to get game time in him.

Dunno if this was mentioned at some point, can't be arsed looking...

I just read about this interview elsewhere.

Sounds like revisionist bollocks to me, considering Poch says in his book that Walker asked to go before the end of his final season with us (which became very fucking obvious based on team selections and media speculation at the time).

So one of them is telling porkies.

Come on, we need to get a grip regarding this particular fixture.

We're (touch wood) past the terrible run of form that saw us get 1 point from 15. This was always our toughest match of the run-in, and to be honest I would have predicted a worse result beforehand given our injury list.

We just need to not get worked up if we drop to 5th by Monday, and get on with beating Brighton on Tuesday.
But surely it should never have come to this situation in the first place. Don't you think that by totally disregarding the transfer market we (the club) have kind of brought this stuation on ourselves?
It's all very well bemoaning 1 point in 15 and an injury list but what about looking at the overall picture that's contributed to it.
Miss out on top 4 and the buck stops with Levy.

Win our games we get 4th chavs v utd works in our favour.. utd play city too on weds .
Foyth grew up today ..well played fella...not disheartened at all
A Decision our way today and this board is wanking itself silly..

Back
Top Bottom