Tottenham Hotspur v Ajax, Champions League Semi-Final, Tue 30th April

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

We can't be as shit as we were tonight in the return leg. As annoyed as I am, I'm holding on to that thought. 0-1 isn't critical and it could've been 2 quite easily. Most galling thing is Ajax weren't really all that.
Bad tactics from Poch handed them the initiative (surely time to bin the back-3 option for good?) and some poor individual displays.
With Son, Sissoko and Verts back (he'll be okay surely) we can give these fuckers a match and rectify tonight's shitshow. Keep the faith.

Wanyama the weakest link. Eriksen and Dele offered very little. Sissoko best man after he came on. Thought Sanchez did well in the 1v1s with Tadic, much better than the Real and Juve defenders.

Ajax we’re also off colour after the start. Donny vd Beek motm.

And 2 donkeys like Yorke and Cole up front... And still ended up winning the treble. Every team has its weak points, we just have to overcome them with our strong points, having Son, for one, is a good start.

Those ' donkeys ' could actually score , unlike our donkey Llorente, so try to keep it a bit real at least.

You do kno we cud have bought 10 extra players last summer and firstly they couldn't have all been registered and c) they could have been injured too...leaving us with the exact same team selection.

Could have (although I've never advocated it). Rather unlikely they'd all be injured though! Cut away the deadwood and the youngsters from the squad and there's plenty of space.

We shouldn't have replaced Dembele?

Positives - my first visit to Chick King since we have been back home. £2.50. Marvelous.

1882 1882 has now sampled their delights and is a convert.

Meeting up with Legacy Lilywhite Legacy Lilywhite Mrs Perryman Mrs Perryman Chucklevision82 Chucklevision82 1882 1882 57 varieties 57 varieties along with 5 other mates always makes for a good crack.

There was also a guest appearance from the forum pantomime villian.

Oh, and as for the game? Shit.

Good atmosphere though.
You confident for Wednesday? Strangely I am.
Fuck it! Bring it on

Playing second leg away is better for us. Huge pressure on ajax now to finish the job. We simply need to play 4-2-3-1, dele needs to play further forward. Hes just not a centre mid. Dier sissoko, dele as the 10 behind son. Lucas and eriksen. I've got a sneaky feeling kane will play

You do kno we cud have bought 10 extra players last summer and firstly they couldn't have all been registered and c) they could have been injured too...leaving us with the exact same team selection.
And yet every other team in top flight European football strengthened, at least they thought they had.

By your argument you'll be cool with another summer of inactivity, because, hey, they might get injured, and you can't possibly mitigate injury risk can you?

Could have (although I've never advocated it). Rather unlikely they'd all be injured though! Cut away the deadwood and the youngsters from the squad and there's plenty of space.

We shouldn't have replaced Dembele?

I've already said we should have replaced Dembele. My point is that, even if we had, there's no guarantee they wouldn't be injured too.

We can't play with its, buts or maybes. We can only deal in reality.

And yet every other team in top flight European football strengthened, at least they thought they had.

By your argument you'll be cool with another summer of inactivity, because, hey, they might get injured, and you can't possibly mitigate injury risk can you?

Never said that.

My opinion is that we should have strengthened but they didnt for whatever reason.

What I won't now do is say that result would have been different if we had strengthened. It is just as likely that we'd have the same availability.

I was one of the more pessimistic before the game predicting 3-0 ajax but now I’m far more optimistic. I thought the scoreline would be much worse. At just 1-0 we are still very much in this game. We will also have the away advantage so get 1 early goal and suddenly the game completely spins on its head. 2 away goals and suddenly Ajax will be chasing big time. Its very possible. I expected the barcelona style football from Ajax. They do play fast one touch football at times but they arent some indestructable force. Their inexperience and age shows at times. I honestly didnt expect anything from this game. I dont think we’ve ever played without Kane AND Son in recent seasons? we was toothless out there. No shape up top at all. It was to be completely expected. We weathered the storm in some respect. Ajax have lapses in concentration. They are just as suspect as us at the back. They are beatable. Now bring back son and start sissoko and leave trippier in england please lol....

Back
Top Bottom