Tottenham Hotspur v Ajax, Champions League Semi-Final, Tue 30th April

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Ok John.
You slag off Spurs relentlessly and it pisses me off
How many mega money signings did Ajax have tonight?
They were fucking amazing without a Messi or Ronaldo. They built a fucking incredible team that wiped the floor with us first half. Don’t you see that is what we are trying to do too? We could have fielded £250,000,000,000 talent and still got near to them in that first half. Madrid & Juve tried it.
Jesus will you please stop blaming levy etc.
Sometimes the very best of the best don’t have to be high maintenance. I’d take half that team tonight on sheer ability and will.
We don’t have to spend a billion to get those players

Bang on. Perspective required sometimes. Ajax didn't have a single player out injured. We went into the game with no Lamela, Son, Kane, Sissoko, Winks, Aurier and lost Vertonghen with less than half the game gone. Take 7 players out of that Ajax team for the return leg and we'll see how they get on.

Sometimes you get tough luck. Some supporters need to accept that. We sit 3rd and are in the semi finals of the Champions League after overcoming Inter Milan, PSV, Barcelona, Borussia Dortmund & Manchester City. Sometimes the football gods shine brightly on you, sometimes they take you to dark places. Kane & Son account for what must be 75% of our goals this season, people need to accept we got a raw deal with knocks and niggles.

Next Wednesday should be treated like it's the Final.

If we win the game the least we will get is penalties. 1-0 to us is the only scoreline that takes us to extra time. 2-1, 3-2 etc and we are through.

Just got home.

Cant add much that others haven't already said- they were just fucking brilliant first half hour or so, and putting Spurs bias aside it was just a privilege to watch their one touch football at times

We looked better when Sissoko came on. Not sure why he didn't start? He looked fit enough to me when he came on.

Overall fair result but, as we saw in City game, first legs tend to be tight like this one and then second leg all hell can break loose. Keep the faith, with Son back and an early goal anything can happen.

Was in Park Lane for the first time tonight and generally thought it was brilliant apart from one bloody idiot behind me... "Be more aggressive lads, it's all about aggression" and "even if we won, Barcelona would dick us in the final" being my highlights.

Idiot

Basically Poch played with what he had - a lot of fit defenders and not much else. Even though he probably knew it wasnt for the best. The first 30 mins we were absolutely schooled in midfield, painful to watch. Jan's injury forced him to change it before half time and then suddenly we became a significantly better side, they all felt comfortable again.

Hopefully the lesson is learned now and its 4 at the back next week, and I dont ever like calling players out but Llorente and the two full backs did not have the best of games, proven further by his chosen options off the bench being a centre half and a slower left back when we were 1-0 down. Son and Lucas up top next week, and Aurier may be much maligned on here but he would be a better option if fit than Trips at the moment who seems be having a brown patch in form unfortunately. And if KWP is good enough to play at the Nou Camp hes good enough for this game
Spot on.

Seriously? You wouldn't want to win the PL?

Of course I do but one of them isn't going to! If the Dippers lose out, in my opinion, they're gonna fall away next season. For Citeh even if they win the treble they'll see the season as a failure.

For all the stress this end of season is, I'm still confident we'll look back and think how well we did. Then we have next season to look forward too where, again in my opinion, we'llbe much better.

Would def not swap for any other team's season

I maybe fucking mental, but I think we'll do em over there. Confident of scoring a couple. Have faith all my fellow beautiful yids.
Nah mate, we're fucked. If it wasn't for their shit finishing, we would lose 17-0 tonight. :pocheyes:

Totally agree on Sanchez. I don’t trust the guy one bit. 45 million was way way to much for him
Look at the contrast between him and De Ligt tonight-night and day man. He has the tools but fuck me he has gone backwards after a good start sadly:-/

Back
Top Bottom