Tottenham Hotspur v Ajax, Champions League Semi-Final, Tue 30th April

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

A massive MYTH was built up around Frodo's crossing, he fucking shit at crossing. When Foth came on I think he crossed more accurate balls than Trips has all season combined.

I don't think Dele had a great game, but he's playing with a broken hand/wrist. Watch him run and it's clear it's an issue (probably a mental thing, brain telling him to instinctively protect it), we simply do not have any alternatives.

I found it hugely frustrating that when Eriksen had the chance to shoot he passed to Rose. Little tweaks like that are required. Trippier simply doesn't try and do enough creatively to cut past someone, he bails out too often. He should start two more games this season and that's Bournemouth away and Everton at home. Good value for £3.5m but not good value for his edge onnthe football pitch.

In all fairness though, 2 days rest before a semi final like this is a calamity. It simply shouldn't be happening when players are dropping dead on a football pitch more frequently than ever before. The league needs to sort itself out, the game vs West Ham should have been played Friday

The boys gave absolutely everything. I thought the crowd did well to try and lift the team, but they are shattered, and we have no back up at all. I really am concerned about fatigue over the next few games. We are still in it though. See everyone in Amsterdam.
I’d agree that they gave everything they had second half. But the first half, no. Sorry too many of them paused and wanted others to take responsibility. I am very angry at a lot of our players for that first half.

He was just the wrong signing at the wrong time. I've no doubt we signed him with the idea that he would be Tobys replacement the following Summer, but whoever saw him and thought "theres the perfect long term Toby replacement' needs to get their eyes tested. Literally a totally different centre half.

Part of me genuinely thinks we just said 'he's a young highly rated centre back playing for Ajax, he must be good' (even though he's not even proper Ajax ffs)
It looks that way atm-fully behind giving him more of a chance but he really does look like he lacks a footballing brain tbh.

Brilliant! And just for my benefit could you tell me what earth shatteringly positive substitution you would have made given who was on the bench?

Gazziniga up top. Skipp for Lloris.

The point ( and it’s a sledgehammer obvious point ) is not really about tonight. It’s about how the squad has been left so very short of options that that is the option.

Tonight broke my heart. I don't think the tie is dead. Iam going out to the Dam with a very remote chance of ticket but my heart was broken none the less. Danny Rose has always been my touch stone. He is the heart beat of this side and he was brilliant tonight but yet not good enough, the sight of Danny Rose playing to the edge of his capabilities yet still not enough at the very highest level broke me. We have got so far but we really need to look at whose going to get at us to the next level. Danny's lack of final ball is not good enough for a team that wants to win the league or champions league and that breaks my heart. Hopefully I will be proven wrong come on you Spurs.

It looks that way atm-fully behind giving him more of a chance but he really does look like he lacks a footballing brain tbh.
He is a good player and has qualities about him, but just not really suited to us IMV. I think I've said it before but he has all the hallmarks of becoming one of those centre backs that is good, but at the same time is targeted by the opposition because there's always a big fuck up in him waiting to happen.

If you can't read between the lines, i'll make it clear for you.

I don't expect us to keep a clean sheet at their home. I still believe we can win, but I don't think 2 goals will be enough. I can see them scoring 2 as well. I'm not "predicting" it. I'm just not confident we can limit them to 1 at the moment.

lol

You’re not predicting it

But you’re predicting they will score two

Lmfao

It’s far from over. Get sonny firing next week, and you never know.

Also, as ever I sat in 1882, and stood for the entire game with my mates that all sit in 1882. We sang loud all game, and stood all game the south stand.

The odd person that says 1882 don’t have it well, come and stand with my brothers and me, and see if you enjoy it. More than happy to demonstrate that we try and create an atmosphere. Anyway, I’ll see ya in the dam. COYS

Is it just me or has this team gone backwards.. what has happened to the energetic creative team that presses high up the pitch and smothers teams with there energy and tactics...poch and the team don't seem to do any of that anymore....embarassing...

Back
Top Bottom