Tottenham Hotspur v Ajax, Champions League Semi-Final, Tue 30th April

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

sun1.jpg

Just woke up, I had a terrible dream that we set up with a back 5 and froze like rabbits in the headlights in our most important match ever, and played the whole game, the whole game, without anyone actually shooting at goal.......

Whatever the result, I choose to support these players and this manager - it’s my football club, and we’ve been through a hell of a lot worse in our 50 year relationship than losing Champions League semifinals. I know some people here think that makes me a happy clapper or somehow unambitious - I’ll live with that.

Anyway, good job I had my lucky pants on last night, without them it would probably have been 3 or 4. Mind, they didn’t help with some fuckwit closing every major road in the Midlands yet again last night, now that is something to get angry about.....
Was a naive first half hour, but after 1 point from 3 games in our “group of death mk 2” we know this is far from over, I think the team will take confident in how we played for the last 2 thirds of the match, it’s just a shame we are running on fumes at the minute, let’s just hope the players have one last big push in them!

I got a ticket yesterday at 2pm! Must have been a return so I was over the moon to get it. I met my mate at the Redemption brewery for a few pre match Hopspurs! Highly recommended. I did my bit singing my heart out but sadly not the best game I've seen at the lane. But we are still in this tie, I have faith we will be much better in the 2nd leg.

Let's move on from this...beat Bournemouth and secure CL football...try our damn hardest in the return leg....then shift all the fucking not good enough dead wood we have in the squad.
Bye bye to
Trippier
Aurier
Davies
Wanyama
Dier
Lamela
Llorente

That's who I think are not good enough but Dier and Davies will probably stay.
I'll just point out that the last time we bought in 7 players we had a car crash of a season

Just woke up, I had a terrible dream that we set up with a back 5 and froze like rabbits in the headlights in our most important match ever, and played the whole game, the whole game, without anyone actually shooting at goal.......

Whatever the result, I choose to support these players and this manager - it’s my football club, and we’ve been through a hell of a lot worse in our 50 year relationship than losing Champions League semifinals. I know some people here think that makes me a happy clapper or somehow unambitious - I’ll live with that.

Anyway, good job I had my lucky pants on last night, without them it would probably have been 3 or 4. Mind, they didn’t help with some fuckwit closing every major road in the Midlands yet again last night, now that is something to get angry about.....

Well said. Disappointing resulted but elated to be in this position and now playing in this stadium.

How wrong Harry Redknapp was about things being as good as they will get.......

Just got to believe now. And support of course.

Has there been a change in the matchday doctor? I didnt see the asian/persian looking doctor we've had in the past. Whoever this bald idiot was should be fired for sending vertonghen back in.

I’ve seen playground fights with more intensity. Pathetic.

Got no time for none of it , its over a football match on a civilian street brain dead morons the lot of em , if you want a straigtner go down ya local boxing gym so it doesn't become other people's problem I'll never understand group's of grown men behaving like this.

We went to the Nou Camp needing a draw and got it, more than capable of going to Amsterdam and getting a win.

Just hope we dont play so shit against Bournemouth.... finishing below that lot and them winning the europa would be quite the cunt.

Disappointed with the result but we are far from out of it. Ajax are not a team who are going to sit back and go ultra defensive all game, and with Son back, we are more than capable of scoring at their place. 1 goal and the away goals rule is fucked for them anyway.

But let's just get Bournemouth done first - a scrappy 1 nil win will do me fine. Fuck performances at this stage.

Back
Top Bottom