The race for top four.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Shouldn’t our current run improve our coefficient enough to get Pot 2 at worst? We are 18th, but Man United are out, Woolwich need to win the Europa League, Roma and Sevilla also may not make it, and Porto may need to go through qualifying. I think we are in good pot 2 shape.

Pot 1 goes to league winners and CL and EL cup winners so some teams with lower coefficients end up above us. A few things have gone our way with Roma and Seville falling away but we're still missing out by one place as it stands and no chance of us moving up the table. Porto winning the league would do the trick but it doesn't look likely and they generally get through the qualifiers, Ajax or Liverpool winning the CL would push us down I think also, better for us if a team already in Pot 1 wins.

So all in all Chelsea winning the EL probably helps a lot, though if they play Valencia I'm pretty sure I know who'll I'll be supporting.

Now, where can I get a Valencia shirt from before Thursday?
I wouldn't worry about it here is the full often forgotten Billy Nick quote:

'It is better to fail aiming high than to succeed aiming low. And we of Spurs have set our sights very high, so high in fact that even failure will have in it an echo of glory.

Whereas those nomads down the road have set their sights so low, so low in fact that even when they succeed their is still an element of shitness to it.'

Genuine quote that

Last edited:
J
After all, just another melty melt.
So my pessimism after last night ended up being fortunately wrong!

tenor.gif

flip flop away, ad naeseum.
The hell are you having a go at me for? I'm probably more optimistic than most.

My apologies for actually gauging the probabilities of match outcomes and not expecting Hudderfield and Brighton to do as well today as they did.

(Oh, and that little thing of having been burned so many times before as a Spurs fan)

If you saw today's results coming then you are either a soothsayer or blinded by optimism. We have, really, gotten away with it a bit over the last three weeks or so. I'm as thrilled as everyone else that this is the case.

Again and again and again all branches of the media have ignored us or put us down since January, like we don't exist, or we're not worthy.

WELL YOU CAN'T IGNORE US NOW, CAN YOU?????

Evidently north London ain’t so red any more. Woolwich may be red but even Charlton Athletic look redder to me.
Dick Emery meanwhile is “concentrating on the Europa League “
Shit for brains.

The hell are you having a go at me for? I'm probably more optimistic than most.

My apologies for actually gauging the probabilities of match outcomes and not expecting Hudderfield and Brighton to do as well today as they did.

(Oh, and that little thing of having been burned so many times before as a Spurs fan)

If you saw today's results coming then you are either a soothsayer or blinded by optimism. We have, really, gotten away with it a bit over the last three weeks or so. I'm as thrilled as everyone else that this is the case.
I never saw you as the shitting on the players type, so i guess its more my perception than anything you have done. Sorry if I've offended but I love this team and it really fucks me off when our supposed fans take a low blow and shit on us when we need them the most.

I never saw you as the shitting on the players type, so i guess its more my perception than anything you have done. Sorry if I've offended but I love this team and it really fucks me off when our supposed fans take a low blow and shit on us when we need them the most.
Honestly, I haven't shit on the players. Look around and you'll see that I lauded how well the 9 remaining guys got on yesterday trying to hold on. I was pissed off at Sonny and Foyth for being stupid, but I think that's fair.

Either way, I don't want to fall out. It's such a bloody relief that CL football next year is (almost almost almost) tied up and the lads (especially Son) can go into Wednesday with clear heads.

Back
Top Bottom