Summer 2019 transfer thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Did you really expect any (major) signings or even one before the start of July? We will most likely make a few great signings this summer, but it takes time, it's not Football Manager 2019.

The div himself already declared he'd melt if we hadn't signed anyone by 10th JUNE.

Doom-ridden naysayer rolling round like a pig in his own shit.

Lol.....that would have made him our record signing at the time and second most expensive in our history.
For someone you just admitted isn’t better than our ow academy graduate.

Yep. And we could have done with him last season when we didn't replace Dembele and at times struggled to put out a coherent midfield that:

a) didn't involve playing people out of position
b) bringing back players too soon from injury
c) playing those that had clearly lost form.

£30-35m would have been a steal in this market.

Rarely seemed 100% to me tho.

IIRC, it's one of those where he's required to accept playing with a niggle for the foreseeable.... Paraphrasing but Poch said this at some point last year.

I suspect like this year, he'll be able to contribute plenty in terms of game-time (esp. as he wont't have surgery every season), but we shouldn't probably outright rely on him.... This is the main reason why I think a STARTER @ CM this window is a must, rather than mere depth.

With both ND & HW(*), we are nicely furnished in terms of depth AND quality in that position.

(*+ Sissoko: B2B, Dier: DM, Skipp: TBC depending on scenario)

Replace Vic with another proper DM and we're good on the centre.

We don't need two 8's.

We need a partner to Winks and Ndombele.

CM options of Winks, Sissoko, Ndombele, A.N. Other and Dier will be great for the new season. With Dele able to deputise when needed. Wasting money on a 3rd CM signing when we can use that on an AM or RB after is overkill.

Essentially need to replace Dembele (B2B) & Wanyama (DM) IMO.

Back
Top Bottom