Summer 2019 transfer thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Signing Toby to huge wages is a money saving move?

I'm still amazed that he's happy with this I know the wages he's looking for are very high but is it really worth a step down that big?

Imagine if we were to win a trophy next season he'd be kicking himself that he didn't stay on just one more year.

I can't even be bothered to scroll past them. I just stick them on ignore.

If i see a random post saying something like 'shut up you cunt' i can normally guess who it is aimed at out of a group of 4 or 5 of the usual suspects,

Must say, after a few months on this forum my brain has developed a state of automatic subconscious filtering system to an extent that I don’t even have to put certain users on ignore, I read the first few words then automatically move onto the next post or in many cases I don’t even have to read the first few words at all.

The Fighting Cock has imbued me with some newly discovered mental powers that I never knew that I possessed...!

Somehow I don't think Ceballos will force his way out, given he wants stay at Real and is only 22. If anything, he'll probably force a loan to get playing time. So he either impresses Zidane, or the next manager who comes in. Zidane won't be there forever, and Ceballos has time on his side.
I give ZZ one season...then he'll be off..

Signing Toby to huge wages is a money saving move?

When you have club officials coming out saying that sort of stuff you’ve got to say the move sounds pretty close.

I don’t want him to go but if it’s this year for something instead of next year for nothing I can see the clubs stance.

Farewell Toby, he remained professional through out, he’s never once thrown his toys out of the prism publicly anyway.

Hope this bit of money coming in means movement on our other targets, would love to not be refreshing this thread on deadline day.

When you have club officials coming out saying that sort of stuff you’ve got to say the move sounds pretty close.

I don’t want him to go but if it’s this year for something instead of next year for nothing I can see the clubs stance.

Farewell Toby, he remained professional through out, he’s never once thrown his toys out of the prism publicly anyway.

Hope this bit of money coming in means movement on our other targets, would love to not be refreshing this thread on deadline day.
If it's close then another CB deal incoming will be close too.

I'm still amazed that he's happy with this I know the wages he's looking for are very high but is it really worth a step down that big?

Imagine if we were to win a trophy next season he'd be kicking himself that he didn't stay on just one more year.
No he wouldn't, if he's prepared to go to Roma, then he's not concerned with trophies, only money.

Goal ace Roberto Soldado to sign for Granada today...

15631066247135.jpg

Soldado

No, when you have club officials coming out saying that sort of stuff it's short-hand for "we're at an impasse in negotiations, so let's tap up the player publicly so that he throws a fit and burns his bridges and they cave on negotiations".

I want Toby to stay, but if he goes to Roma that tells me that he isn’t all that interested in winning a trophy next year and that he’s going for money, so probably for the best he moves on.

He’s been a great player for us - and one of the very best defenders I’ve seen in a spurs shirt - so wish him well whatever.

Bit disappointed if we aren’t able to match what Roma is offering him, or maybe it’s the length of the contract that is the issue?

Perhaps he’s thinking his career might last longer in a slower league?

I want Toby to stay, but if he goes to Roma that tells me that he isn’t all that interested in winning a trophy next year and that he’s going for money, so probably for the best he moves on.

He’s been a great player for us - and one of the very best defenders I’ve seen in a spurs shirt - so wish him well whatever.

Bit disappointed if we aren’t able to match what Roma is offering him, or maybe it’s the length of the contract that is the issue?

Perhaps he’s thinking his career might last longer in a slower league?
I doubt it’s money, we can definetly offer more than Roma. He just wants something different

Back
Top Bottom